PDA

View Full Version : Lake Pillsbury range clean up

thomashoward
07-15-2012, 1:49 PM
Going to Sunset camp next week 16-20th
Cleanup in the AM until heat makes me jump in the lake

thomashoward
07-23-2012, 9:03 PM
Camping was good,weather fair not hot at all.Filled up some trash bags, but it is overwhelming.I was the only one cleaning anything.
There were a couple of guys who
1.Didn't like the NRA said they were too radical
2.threw their trash on the ground.
3.said no one should have an AK AR or "A" something (could not quote a model#)
4.I told them take care of that 10/22 might be all we have left when the grabbers complete their mission
the anti NRA guy said "they're not gonna get my pistols"
short conversation . I don't suffer stupid people

http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o609/thomashoward1/Range1.jpg
http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o609/thomashoward1/range2.jpg
I'm going back July or Aug 2013 more pick up then.Maybe I'll get to shoot this time

Spyder
07-31-2012, 5:48 PM
PM me when those dates get a little closer. I may be able to come up and help!

FF_EMT
02-10-2013, 9:02 PM
ya let me know also i live only an hour from Lake Pillsbury

Bupkus
03-07-2013, 9:39 PM
PM me if you plan a new trip. If I'm free I'll try to make it.

Spyder
03-07-2013, 10:19 PM
Old thread, but I'm still interested in heading up there. Preferably not on a weekend, and preferably before it gets warm enough that campers and water skiers take over the place. :D

PrimerDust360
03-14-2013, 12:33 AM
Count me in. We camp on the Eel over Labor Day and shoot there all weekend. I hate pulling up to shoot only to realize that the people next to us are drinking. Save that for your campfire later.

LAWABIDINGCITIZEN
03-14-2013, 7:00 PM
We use
We used to go there when I was about 6 years old. Good memories fishing there. California was actually a free state back then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Barreltwist
04-24-2013, 5:21 PM
Just stumbled onto this thread looking for USF range and was thinking about those guy's who said they didn't care for the NRA.
You should of told them if it wasn't for the NRA they probably wouldn't even own any of the guns they had or be shooting out there.:cool:

thomashoward
04-24-2013, 6:54 PM
Just stumbled onto this thread looking for USF range and was thinking about those guy's who said they didn't care for the NRA.
You should of told them if it wasn't for the NRA they probably wouldn't even own any of the guns they had or be shooting out there.:cool:

I did

CreamyFettucini
04-28-2013, 7:07 PM
I was up at lake pillsbury hunting turkey this weekend. The range was as dirty as ever. I ran into a ranger who said next week the forestry service was going to clean then range up, including all the brass and shotshells left there.

Dirty Dan
04-29-2013, 7:43 PM
I was up at lake pillsbury hunting turkey this weekend. The range was as dirty as ever. I ran into a ranger who said next week the forestry service was going to clean then range up, including all the brass and shotshells left there.

Did you have any luck hunting gobblers? I used to hunt them there, but haven't been up in a couple of years.

CreamyFettucini
04-29-2013, 8:26 PM
I saw about 11 bearded up there around our cabin, too bad there is a no hunting rule on the ranch property. Only saw 1 outside the ranch. Had fun though.

paul0660
04-29-2013, 8:29 PM
They let shooters mess up Pillsbury and Cow Mountain so they won't mess up the rest. True story.