PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever Deer hunt D-9 or X-10?

Whitesmoke
05-31-2007, 10:06 AM
I'm a Rookie Deer hunter...planning my 3rd Deer hunt and still learning (and so far unsuccessful in D-8). Has anyone ever been successful hunting d-9 or x-10? I was thinking Kelso Valley area in D-9 with all the BLM highcountry there. I've spend a good bit of time up there the last few years as a friend has property there.

X-10...I know very little about.

I know no one is going to give up their "secret spot"...lol...just looking for some info on where to start, etc.

wildcard
05-31-2007, 10:39 AM
This is going to be my 2rd year hunting in Zone D-9. I got some gray squirrels.. and saw somebody take a bear. I saw plenty of does last year and missed an opportunity at a buck. Oh.. also saw a bear while I was squirrel hunting with my 590, but I wasn't about to take a shot at a bear going away from me at 300 yds away with my .44 Mag. I got a good feel for hunting now.. I feel good about this year :) I go with some old guys.. so after I refresh my memory on the roads (even though I think I still remember) I'll be heading up there with my own crew more often.

Hunting is like camping.. except with guns and animals/ fresh meat.. I love it!

Whitesmoke
05-31-2007, 3:05 PM
Do you mind saying what part of D-9 you hunt?

big jon
05-31-2007, 3:13 PM
X 10 spent a few seasons hunting there with no luck,We went to the end of the mananchi (?) jeep trail, lots of sign and other hunters scored but we didn`t that was 4 years ago last time I was there..

cornholio1
05-31-2007, 3:16 PM
X 10 spent a few seasons hunting there with no luck,We went to the end of the mananchi (?) jeep trail, lots of sign and other hunters scored but we didn`t that was 4 years ago last time I was there..

Jon, you got deer in your backyard. Don't need to travel far!

Whitesmoke
05-31-2007, 3:19 PM
Thanks Big John...Yeah...I've been to monachi (spell?) meadows (the jeep trail) before just camping...I saw a few deer...but it wasn't deer season.
I had considered hunting those trails across the meadow back in the Golden trout wilderness.....I've been reading some statistics that show X10 having a pretty low success rate too.