PDA

View Full Version : Scored a new safe!!

bender152
07-13-2012, 7:58 PM
A local business was moving to a new location and was selling off their existing furniture. The safe below was one of the items they no longer needed.

It's just a standard security safe, not intended for firearms, but it'll do nicely.

http://www.tracingcircles.com/pics/safe.jpg

This sucker is HEAVY. It measures 41"H x 24"W x 24"D and weighs in excess of 500 lbs. I'm still amazed that just me and my brother were able to move it from their 6th floor office and into the back of our SUV.

The best part? It only cost me $50... yes, fifty dollars!!! (and a hernia) :D

bsg
07-13-2012, 10:40 PM
screamin deal... congratulations.

socalsteve
07-15-2012, 10:25 AM
Go buy lottery tickets your lucky.

BANG BANG
07-15-2012, 11:02 AM

And go ice yourself !!

Ubermcoupe
07-15-2012, 11:29 AM
And go ice yourself !!

Plus an advil... :)

Nice grab OP.

bender152
07-15-2012, 12:25 PM
LOL, I was waaayyyy in over my head when I thought that my bro and I would be able to manage moving the safe.

God must love idiots because there were definitely one or two "oh crap" moments where things could have gone wrong.

Luckily everything just seemed to work out. I had a heavy duty handtruck to help with the process and the rear gate of my SUV was low enough and strong enough for us to just tilt the safe over and push it up.

I always lose horribly when I gamble. :o

joeblo
07-15-2012, 1:24 PM
A lot better than the crap thats brought here from overseas. Sweet find.

XYZ
07-15-2012, 2:40 PM
LOL, I was waaayyyy in over my head when I thought that my bro and I would be able to manage moving the safe.

God must love idiots because there were definitely one or two "oh crap" moments where things could have gone wrong.

Luckily everything just seemed to work out. I had a heavy duty handtruck to help with the process and the rear gate of my SUV was low enough and strong enough for us to just tilt the safe over and push it up.

Great find! I've done a two man move with a safe and we had similar issues. While it can be done, it would've been nice to have a third person.

X231
07-15-2012, 4:22 PM
You saved a bunch of money and it's only right that you go out and spend it on a new gun now :D

TheSafeMover
07-15-2012, 7:46 PM
Thats a killer score! Way to go. If it is B-rate thats at least a $800+ safe. Brown makes good stuff.

Mr. Beretta
07-15-2012, 7:57 PM
Wow! Christmas in July!

Outstanding buy. Congrats!

ponderosa
07-15-2012, 8:03 PM
Nice for sure! Awesome deal!

Librarian
07-15-2012, 8:36 PM
For future reference, remember the term "pallet jack (http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200326556_200326556)".

It will save your back ...

bender152
07-15-2012, 9:24 PM
For future reference, remember the term "pallet jack (http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200326556_200326556)".

Had I had time, I would have been better prepared. However, the person was in a hurry to get it out.

I emailed the seller 2 weeks ago, but was told that it was possibly sold. Then on Wednesday of last week, she tells me it's available, but she's looking for someone to to move it ASAP.

Not wanting to lose out on it, I was over there in an hour. I took an early lunch, grabbed my brother, and did whatever it took to get that damn thing in my SUV.

The hand truck, while not ideal, did the job just fine. It was loading it into the SUV that was the biggest problem. Unloading it from the SUV with only two people was the biggest problem. One person had to be inside, pushing the safe out. The other person (me) was on the outside, bracing it with a length of 4x4.

Thats a killer score! Way to go. If it is B-rate thats at least a $800+ safe. Brown makes good stuff.

You know, you guys came to mind when I started to have some serious doubts over being able to load this thing up. Of course, you're nowhere near me.