PDA

View Full Version : Is 37mm grenade launcher legal in CA?

evfrat
07-12-2012, 7:33 PM
Is 37mm grenade launcher such as this one - http://www.firequest.com/FJ735.html - legal in California? Also is it legal together with CA-legal AR15?

Thanks!

mmayer707
07-12-2012, 7:39 PM

What do i know?

Ed_Hazard
07-12-2012, 7:40 PM
No, and no.

Why not?

Uranium238
07-12-2012, 7:41 PM
Probably not. It makes old bureaucratic politicians soil their Depends...

Ed_Hazard
07-12-2012, 7:43 PM
A flare launcher would be fine on a BB rifle, many people have that setup. It is a NoGo on a featureless rifle, as it is an AW feature.

chillincody
07-12-2012, 7:45 PM
It looks to cool to be legal in CA.but then again you can own flare launcher which is what that is .right? theres no 27mm grenades right?

wash
07-12-2012, 8:32 PM
Well grenade launchers are illegal but flare launchers are not.

I don't believe flare launchers are an "assault weapon" feature but I could be wrong, consult the OLL flowchart or CA penal code to be sure.

ICONIC
07-12-2012, 8:34 PM
What is the point of having a grenade launcher when you can't get grenades for it?

redcliff
07-12-2012, 8:34 PM
Flare Launchers are a "feature".

evfrat
07-12-2012, 8:37 PM
Thank you all for the replies. When answering could you please clarify if this is your opinion or knowledge that came from some source.

I found this reference:

What about the ban on flash suppressors, bayonet lugs, pistol grips, and collapsible stocks?
Despite OLLs being legal, semi-automatic, centerfire rifles with a detachable magazine cannot have any one of the following features (PC 12276.1).

Flash Suppressor
Forward Pistol Grip
Flare/Grenade Launcher
Pistol Grip
Collapsible Stock
Thumbhole Stock
If your firearm does not have any of these prohibited or “evil” features, then you can have a detachable magazine. Note that bayonet lugs, laser sights, threaded barrels for rifles, nor anything else not listed are not “evil” features and can be used on a detachable magazine rifle.

But it is still not clear, if I have bullet button would it still be illegal to have the launcher attached? Based on the chart here - http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf - it appears to be legal.

wash
07-12-2012, 8:41 PM
I guess I might be wrong about the feature status of flare launchers.

Consult the flowchart (^^^^ look up) to determine legality.

dmax11
07-12-2012, 9:06 PM
grenade launchers are classified as destructive devices in CA and are not legal.

if it was designed to just be a flare launcher it may be legal but if it can accept any grenade and launch it it is not, does not matter that you cannot buy the grenades for it either.

don't believe me look into the Yugo M59/66 rifle (most common Yugo SKS)

the CA legal versions must have their grenade spigot removed from the muzzle because it can accept a grenade so there for its classified as a destructive device in CA

here you go

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/dwcl/12301.php

12301. (a) The term "destructive device," as used in this chapter, shall include any of the following weapons:
(1) Any projectile containing any explosive or incendiary material or any other chemical substance, including, but not limited to, that which is commonly known as tracer or incendiary ammunition, except tracer ammunition manufactured for use in shotguns.
(2) Any bomb, grenade, explosive missile, or similar device or any launching device therefor.

Lugiahua
07-12-2012, 9:14 PM
just wondering, how is 37mm not a destructive device while 40mm is?
There are a number of grenade launchers in 30 or 35mm...

Or it's just like many other outdated definition?

mmayer707
07-12-2012, 9:14 PM
Yup, same goes for Masterkey's. Damn, that would be cool if we could have an ol' shotty hooked up to the AR though.

wash
07-12-2012, 9:17 PM

Grenade launchers are NFA "destructive devices", flare launchers are not.

Can you see the difference? One launches grenades, the other launches flares...

Lugiahua
07-12-2012, 9:23 PM
I was wondering about mechanical difference since I never owned one.
I hope I wasn't asking some taboo question that could aid criminals mod their flare launcher into weapons.

dmax11
07-12-2012, 9:27 PM
yeah looking into it more 37mm seems to not be any standard grenade size so that would lead me to believe that this is strictly a flare launcher made too look like a grenade launcher. if that is the case it may be legal in CA if used correctly/legally but i honestly don't think i would do it myself.

if an officer that was uniformed and there are many you could still be arrested and then be possibly the first guinea pig for the rest of us if you can get the backing/funding to defend yourself in court.

db42
07-12-2012, 9:31 PM
A 37mm launcher is perfectly legal.
In fact Tracy Rod and Gun carries one of the models by Spike's Tactical.

If you have a bullet button, you can attach a 37mm with no legal issues.

Why is a 37mm a flare launcher?
Because the 37mm platform was never designed to fire lethal or explosive ammunition and such ammunition is not commonly manufactured for it. They were originally used to fire tear gas, smoke, signalling, and flash devices.

So long as there are no "anti-personnel" rounds in your possession, there is no legal issue here. Anti-personnel rounds include those firing rubber balls, wooden pellets, bean bags, shot, and flechettes (sp?).

wash
07-12-2012, 9:31 PM
Lots of Californians legally own 37mm flare launchers.

You wouldn't be a guinea pig.

db42
07-12-2012, 9:36 PM
Lots of Californians legally own 37mm flare launchers.

You wouldn't be a guinea pig.

I know a woman from work who's husband has one for his boat.
Someone was reading a story about a bunch of weapons being seized and they called one of them a "grenade launcher". I asked what brand and he said "it doesn't say - it just says it's a 37mm grenade launcher". She immediately replied "Ooh, my husband has one of those!".

For obvious reasons I took a moment to explain that a 37mm launcher wasn't illegal.

Quiet
07-12-2012, 9:49 PM

Under Federal laws/regulations...
A 37mm signal/chemical launcher is not a Destructive Device.
It is legal when used with signal type rounds (flares, smoke, chalk, etc) and chemical type rounds (tear gas, pepper, etc).

However, per ATF Ruling 95-3...
A 37mm signal/chemical launcher will become a Destructive Device when used with or possessed with anti-personnel type rounds (explosive, incendiary, impact, etc).

Per CA laws...
Signal devices are exempt from being a Destructive Device.

So, a 37mm launcher with signal type rounds (flares, smoke, chalk, etc) is exempt from being a Destructive Device.

But, a 37mm launcher with chemical type rounds (tear gas, pepper, etc) or anti-personnel type rounds (explosive, incendiary, impact, etc) is considered a Destructive Device.

Penal Code 16460
(a) As used in Sections 16510, 16520, and 16780, and in Chapter 1 (commencing with Section 18710) of Division 5 of Title 2, "destructive device" includes any of the following weapons:
(1) Any projectile containing any explosive or incendiary material or any other chemical substance, including, but not limited to, that which is commonly known as tracer or incendiary ammunition, except tracer ammunition manufactured for use in shotguns.
(2) Any bomb, grenade, explosive missile, or similar device or any launching device therefor.
(3) Any weapon of a caliber greater than 0.60 caliber which fires fixed ammunition, or any ammunition therefor, other than a shotgun (smooth or rifled bore) conforming to the definition of a "destructive device" found in subsection (b) of Section 479.11 of Title 27 of the Code of Federal Regulations, shotgun ammunition
(single projectile or shot), antique rifle, or an antique cannon.
(4) Any rocket, rocket-propelled projectile, or similar device of a diameter greater than 0.60 inch, or any launching device therefor, and any rocket, rocket-propelled projectile, or similar device containing any explosive or incendiary material or any other chemical substance, other than the propellant for that device, except those devices as are designed primarily for emergency or distress signaling purposes.
(5) Any breakable container that contains a flammable liquid with a flashpoint of 150 degrees Fahrenheit or less and has a wick or similar device capable of being ignited, other than a device which is commercially manufactured primarily for the purpose of illumination.
(6) Any sealed device containing dry ice (CO2) or other chemically reactive substances assembled for the purpose of causing an explosion by a chemical reaction.
(b) A bullet containing or carrying an explosive agent is not a destructive device as that term is used in subdivision (a).

slappomatt
07-12-2012, 9:54 PM
The fud in here reminds me why I quit coming to this site.

chillincody
07-12-2012, 10:28 PM

So you came onto this site just to say that ? If theres so much FUD in here why dont you chime in since your all knowing , just sign back out

evfrat
07-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Under Federal laws/regulations...
A 37mm signal/chemical launcher is not a Destructive Device.
It is legal when used with signal type rounds (flares, smoke, chalk, etc) and chemical type rounds (tear gas, pepper, etc).

However, per ATF Ruling 95-3...
A 37mm signal/chemical launcher will become a Destructive Device when used with or possessed with anti-personnel type rounds (explosive, incendiary, impact, etc).

Per CA laws...
Signal devices are exempt from being a Destructive Device.

So, a 37mm launcher with signal type rounds (flares, smoke, chalk, etc) is exempt from being a Destructive Device.

But, a 37mm launcher with chemical type rounds (tear gas, pepper, etc) or anti-personnel type rounds (explosive, incendiary, impact, etc) is considered a Destructive Device.

Penal Code 16460
(a) As used in Sections 16510, 16520, and 16780, and in Chapter 1 (commencing with Section 18710) of Division 5 of Title 2, "destructive device" includes any of the following weapons:
(3) Any weapon of a caliber greater than 0.60 caliber which fires fixed ammunition, or any ammunition therefor, other than a shotgun (smooth or rifled bore) conforming to the definition of a "destructive device" found in subsection (b) of Section 479.11 of Title 27 of the Code of Federal Regulations, shotgun ammunition
(single projectile or shot), antique rifle, or an antique cannon.
(4) Any rocket, rocket-propelled projectile, or similar device of a diameter greater than 0.60 inch, or any launching device therefor, and any rocket, rocket-propelled projectile, or similar device containing any explosive or incendiary material or any other chemical substance, other than the propellant for that device, except those devices as are designed primarily for emergency or distress signaling purposes.
(5) Any breakable container that contains a flammable liquid with a flashpoint of 150 degrees Fahrenheit or less and has a wick or similar device capable of being ignited, other than a device which is commercially manufactured primarily for the purpose of illumination.
(6) Any sealed device containing dry ice (CO2) or other chemically reactive substances assembled for the purpose of causing an explosion by a chemical reaction.
(b) A bullet containing or carrying an explosive agent is not a destructive device as that term is used in subdivision (a).

Thanks, this is what I was looking for...

mmayer707
07-12-2012, 11:57 PM
Thanks, this is what I was looking for...

So you want a flare launching grenade launcher that can no longer launch grenades because it "looks cool", or because it would be used for a practical purpose? I guess to each his own.

advocatusdiaboli
07-13-2012, 3:48 AM
So you want a flare launching grenade launcher that can no longer launch grenades because it "looks cool", or because it would be used for a practical purpose? I guess to each his own.

No more spot-lighting Coyotes on private land, flare 'em. :D

GOEX FFF
07-13-2012, 4:11 AM
Is 37mm grenade launcher such as this one - http://www.firequest.com/FJ735.html - legal in California? Also is it legal together with CA-legal AR15?

Thanks!

IMO, why hasn't the title of this thread been changed to 37mm "Flare Launcher"?
You're asking about and pointing to a flare launcher, NOT a Grenade Launcher.

It's like asking if a Formula 1 Indy race car is street legal while inquiring about a Pinto.

Oh, and welcome to Calguns. :D

evfrat
07-13-2012, 6:07 AM

Because it looks cool! What practical purpose do you think grenade launcher can serve to me? Or even AR15 for that mater... Last time I used anything like that for its intended purpose was 2003 and it was pretty far from California. I do not hunt, and these days I shoot only paper with it - just like 99.99% AR15 owners.

NotEnufGarage
07-13-2012, 6:26 AM
Because it looks cool! What practical purpose do you think grenade launcher can serve to me? Or even AR15 for that mater... Last time I used anything like that for its intended purpose was 2003 and it was pretty far from California. I do not hunt, and these days I shoot only paper with it - just like 99.99% AR15 owners.

Be sure to shoot it where Senator Yee can see you.

tuolumnejim
07-13-2012, 6:28 AM
IMO, why hasn't the title of this thread been changed to 37mm "Flare Launcher"?
You're asking about and pointing to a flare launcher, NOT a Grenade Launcher.

It's like asking if a Formula 1 Indy race car is street legal while inquiring about a Pinto.

Oh, and welcome to Calguns. :D

Ok it's a bit :offtopic: but he 1.6 motor used in Pinto's were in fact the 1.6 Kent formula Ford blocks. :43:

psssniper
07-13-2012, 6:32 AM
So you came onto this site just to say that ? If theres so much FUD in here why dont you chime in since your all knowing , just sign back out and STFU plz

I think what slappomatt may be trying to say is that a lot of people here just blab and post what they think are the "facts" when they don't have any idea what they're talking about. There is a little of that in this thread. ;)

CSACANNONEER
07-13-2012, 6:35 AM
37mm flare lanchers are perfectly legal in CA without any extra paperwork.

40mm gernade launchers are perfectly legal in CA with a SHALL ISSUE destructive devise collector's permit.

alfred1222
07-13-2012, 8:05 AM
No, and no.
You're completely wrong. They are more than legal

Yup, same goes for Masterkey's. Damn, that would be cool if we could have an ol' shotty hooked up to the AR though.

You can... Go talk to EBRWORKS, he's a member here. He'll set you up with the paperwork for an NFA trust to get a remington 870 AOW. That can than be mounted to your AR and NOT be considered part of the AR, iirc.

mmayer707
07-13-2012, 8:33 AM
You're completely wrong. They are more than legal

You can... Go talk to EBRWORKS, he's a member here. He'll set you up with the paperwork for an NFA trust to get a remington 870 AOW. That can than be mounted to your AR and NOT be considered part of the AR, iirc.

My bad, in my defense when I clicked on the link I thought I was looking at a grenade launcher, not a flare launcher. The OP did state he was wondering if you could attach a grenade launcher which you definitely cannot (unless it can only shoot flares and no longer can accommodate grenades). As far as the 870, I honestly did not know that. Nice looking shotgun though.

Jeepers
07-13-2012, 8:42 AM
legal and forget them wannabe m203's and look at the real deal ....

Randy Shivak
m203
http://www.mr40mm.com/index_files/image360.jpg

m79
http://www.mr40mm.com/index_files/image455.jpg

37mm smooth bore barrels
http://www.mr40mm.com/index_files/image4631.jpg

only issue is that these are the real deal even with 37mm barrel and you have to run the reciever threw a FFL as a title 1 weapon ....

one of these days i will be able to get a m79 myself ......

SNCaliber
07-13-2012, 8:58 AM
umm..why do you want one..

Jeepers
07-13-2012, 9:20 AM
umm..why do you want one..

i want one in memory of my brother that carried a M79 in Vietnam
and if i ever get to a free state would have it converted to a DD and blow stuff up .....lol

CSACANNONEER
07-13-2012, 4:16 PM
and if i ever get to a free state would have it converted to a DD and blow stuff up .....lol

Why wait? You could LEGALLY own a NFA DD in CA with a "CA DD Collector's Permit". It's "shall issue"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lagduf
07-13-2012, 4:22 PM
legal and forget them wannabe m203's and look at the real deal ....

Randy Shivak
m203
http://www.mr40mm.com/index_files/image360.jpg

m79
http://www.mr40mm.com/index_files/image455.jpg

37mm smooth bore barrels
http://www.mr40mm.com/index_files/image4631.jpg

only issue is that these are the real deal even with 37mm barrel and you have to run the reciever threw a FFL as a title 1 weapon ....

one of these days i will be able to get a m79 myself ......

I want a 37mm M79 so bad. I'm surprised no one makes a reproduction? That said, how much does an M79 receiver cost?

Agent Orange
07-13-2012, 4:29 PM
We continue to be our own worst enemy.

advocatusdiaboli
07-13-2012, 4:52 PM

I carried an M203 for a while and range practice was certainly fun but I don't pine for one on my M4. To each his own, hope you find a way to get your M79. I wish luck to you in exercising your right.

SanPedroShooter
07-13-2012, 5:31 PM
I want a 37mm M79 so bad. I'm surprised no one makes a reproduction? That said, how much does an M79 receiver cost?

Scroll half way down
http://www.mr37mm.com/Launchers.html

Lotta places have ammo too.
https://ssl.perfora.net/www.atlasammo.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154fac158472af6/shopdata/index.shopscript

I would love to be able to launch flares for all kinds of purposes, why the hell not. Maybe not around here, but we are headed out east of this states border where there is plenty of room to launch flares.

Jeepers
07-13-2012, 5:45 PM
Why wait? You could LEGALLY own a NFA DD in CA with a "CA DD Collector's Permit". It's "shall issue"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hmmm never heard of a "CA DD Collector's Permit" before and after a quick google search kinda looks like you can own them but not shoot them instate ?

that would not be bad, as long as it could be shot out of state ... Grrrrrr @CSA for pointing out that about a DD in CA .... this could get spendy .....lol

CSACANNONEER
07-13-2012, 5:48 PM
hmmm never heard of a "CA DD Collector's Permit" before and after a quick google search kinda looks like you can own them but not shoot them instate ?

that would not be bad, as long as it could be shot out of state ... Grrrrrr @CSA for pointing out that about a DD in CA .... this could get spendy .....lol

Let's keep this our little secret. We wouldn't want everyone in Ca to own DDs now would we. I mean, not until we get ours first. Just think what'll happen to prices once everyone else around here finds out how easy it is to own them.

Jeepers
07-13-2012, 5:48 PM

Price: $3,500 plus shipping

IN STOCK!!!! IN STOCK!!! IN STOCK!!!

The Shivak M79 receivers are the finest M79 receivers ever produced BAR NONE! Unlike the USGI receivers, which are made from investment castings, my receivers are machined from 15 lbs. of 4140 alloy steel heat treated and hardened to Rockwell 30. Each feature has been finely milled into these receivers. You will be proud to own this receiver and stand toe to toe with all others!

We guarantee the fit of your G.I. parts.
We provide a Form 1 and a parts list with diagrams.
These receivers are sold as a Title One Weapon.
http://www.mr40mm.com/products

Jeepers
07-13-2012, 5:52 PM
Let's keep this our little secret. We wouldn't want everyone in Ca to own DDs now would we. I mean, not until we get ours first. Just think what'll happen to prices once everyone else around here finds out how easy it is to own them.
Ok no problem mums the word :ninja: lol

SanPedroShooter
07-13-2012, 6:00 PM
http://www.mr40mm.com/products

I wonder if Mr40mm is related to Mr37mm?

There retro wood stocked 37mm M79 repro's are cool looking.

If you had the land would you call the Sheriffs office to let them know you were going to be launching flares, or just do it?

Jeepers
07-13-2012, 6:24 PM
I wonder if Mr40mm is related to Mr37mm?

There retro wood stocked 37mm M79 repro's are cool looking.

If you had the land would you call the Sheriffs office to let them know you were going to be launching flares, or just do it?

i dont know about launching flare, but dont think chalk rounds would be regulated ..

as far as the 37mm repo m79 its not even close to the real thing ....

37mm repo
http://batesanddittus.com/TBL-37_Images/TBL-37_BatesDittus03.jpg

real m79 config
http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m79.jpg

SanPedroShooter
07-13-2012, 6:28 PM
I think its a good start, and its under 500 bucks. And its not a DD. I'll bet you can get one with out the rail and go from there.

They arent really advertised as a 'replica' just similar. Its the closest I could find to an M79 in 37mm, but I didnt really look. I just remembered seeing these a while ago.

Outonthegrind
07-13-2012, 6:56 PM
Lol..only if you have a single shot grenade launcher and a bullet button. It has to be on the CA List of Safe Grenande Launchers and cannot be painted or have any different grip on it or it must be retested. Im just playing man, i have no idea about the legality but am going to go with what I so far know about California and say your SOL in obtaining any war weapons in this state unless something real drastic happens..

mmayer707
07-13-2012, 7:30 PM
Lol..only if you have a single shot grenade launcher and a bullet button. It has to be on the CA List of Safe Grenande Launchers and cannot be painted or have any different grip on it or it must be retested. Im just playing man, i have no idea about the legality but am going to go with what I so far know about California and say your SOL in obtaining any war weapons in this state unless something real drastic happens..

Gotta read the thread before replying man. The flare launcher IS legal..... ;)

Jeepers
07-13-2012, 7:38 PM

so is the DD with some work ....

Lagduf
07-13-2012, 8:45 PM
i dont know about launching flare, but dont think chalk rounds would be regulated ..

as far as the 37mm repo m79 its not even close to the real thing ....

37mm repo
http://batesanddittus.com/TBL-37_Images/TBL-37_BatesDittus03.jpg

real m79 config
http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m79.jpg

Yeah that's more inspired by the M79 than being an actual copy.

Not really what I'm wanting. Price is decent I suppose.

DisgruntledReaper
07-13-2012, 9:35 PM
What sucks is that even though legal, you cannot carry one in your vehicle unless you are going fishing/own a boat or plane... at least that was brought up in another thread... I own a 4x4 and basically havea couple marine flares(including parachute) when camping and stuff.... because IF I am way out in the boonies and want to be found...... kind of like the whole ' you can have a firearm at your place of residence(ie campground) BUT you CANT have it,travel with it ,etc blah blah catch 22 BS.

I may attach on to a FAL for the hell of it...... badass looking beast.....

Go get one and use the 12ga flare inserts in it so you can shoot off std marine flares...safely of course..

Quiet
07-13-2012, 11:10 PM
What sucks is that even though legal, you cannot carry one in your vehicle unless you are going fishing/own a boat or plane... at least that was brought up in another thread... I own a 4x4 and basically havea couple marine flares(including parachute) when camping and stuff.... because IF I am way out in the boonies and want to be found...... kind of like the whole ' you can have a firearm at your place of residence(ie campground) BUT you CANT have it,travel with it ,etc blah blah catch 22 BS.

There's no CA laws that prohibits you from transporting an unloaded flare launcher or storing an unloaded flare launcher in a vehicle.

The boat/airplane & hunting thing is an exemption to having a loaded flare launcher in public. [PC 26060]

So, as long as the flare launcher is unloaded, you can keep it in your vehicle.

stitchnicklas
07-14-2012, 8:40 AM
i plan on getting the 37mmm and putting it on my 10/22 ruger in a archangel kit config

Dantedamean
07-14-2012, 10:14 AM
So 37mm chalk rounds are legal to use in California? I read some crap online that said chalk round will make it a DD.

Edit:
And if they are legal does anyone know where to get them?

Outonthegrind
07-14-2012, 10:35 AM

I read his post and he asked about a grenade launcher which according to the atf is a DD and DDs are not allowed without NFA registry and a tax stamp, not an option out here. I will admit that I immediately thought of an M203 but that is a 40mm launcher. Im not fermiliar with a 37mm anything and couldnt make his link work from my phone so my fault for not realizing this is something different...I dont think a 37mm is mentioned at all so might be ok.., seems to be according to thread but again im not fermiliar

CSACANNONEER
07-14-2012, 12:48 PM
I read his post and he asked about a grenade launcher which according to the atf is a DD and DDs are not allowed without NFA registry and a tax stamp, not an option out here. I will admit that I immediately thought of an M203 but that is a 40mm launcher. Im not fermiliar with a 37mm anything and couldnt make his link work from my phone so my fault for not realizing this is something different...I dont think a 37mm is mentioned at all so might be ok.., seems to be according to thread but again im not fermiliar

Again, failed reading comprehension. Go bac, reread the thread and you will understand that you're wrong. NFA Registered DDs can be legally owned in CA! The collectors permits are SHALL ISSUE!!!!

blazeaglory
07-14-2012, 7:19 PM
I think what the person was trying to say was, The permits are shall issue but what about a tax stamp for each DD purchased/owned? Could you have a permit but never get a tax stamp for what you want? Example, California will give you a collectors permit sure but try to get a tax stamp to own anything, that is another story and one that California will not give. Know what I mean?

Im not saying this as fact, but trying to understand.

Jeepers
07-14-2012, 7:37 PM
I think what the person was trying to say was, The permits are shall issue but what about a tax stamp for each DD purchased/owned? Could you have a permit but never get a tax stamp for what you want? Example, California will give you a collectors permit sure but try to get a tax stamp to own anything, that is another story and one that California will not give. Know what I mean?

huh the tax stamp is issues from the FEDs nothing to do with CA or CADOJ other then the permit that allows the weapon and as said over and over that is shall issue (thanks CSA for pointing that out)

all it takes is time and $$$ ...

Quiet
07-14-2012, 7:41 PM

If you are non-prohibited person, you can get a tax stamp.

BATFE NFA Branch will approve/issue a tax stamp for a DD in CA, if the applicant also has a Dangerous Weapons Permit for a DD.

CA DOJ BOF will issue a Dangerous Weapons Permit for a DD with the "good cause" statement of collecting.

However, I believe there is a "use" restriction added to the collector's Dangerous Weapons Permit for a DD.

IMO... CSACANNONEER is the expert on the subject of collector's permit for DDs.

Turbinator
07-16-2012, 2:07 PM
Slightly different topic here, there were some quality issues with the Cobray versions of the 37mm launcher... read this thread here about this one blowing up while using commercially loaded flares (NOT reloads):

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97177

So.. I wonder if the Spike's versions are completely safe, or is there still a danger?

Turby

Peaceful John
07-16-2012, 2:53 PM

Thanks!

Does it have a bayonet lug?