PDA

View Full Version : Animals Invading my Property

Ziggy91
07-12-2012, 2:42 PM
Hey everybody,

Wasn't sure where to post this, but I've got a few questions about some furry intruders on my property.

Basically, I live near some big fields and a quarry. Every night, I'll either hear a pack of coyotes running about, racoons feasting on my garbage, or some kind of other unidentified creatures that get quite close to my home. I know sound caries farther at night, but this is getting uncomfortable for me since I couldn't sleep all night hearing these damn things.

Just want to know what's the law on dealing with unwanted critters in my yard? Whether it's coyotes or even a mountain lion(although I doubt they inhabit my area)
Obviously, if I felt threatened or feel that my family or my new pups are in danger then I want to take action.

POLICESTATE
07-12-2012, 2:46 PM
Probably just humane traps and fences.

daveinwoodland
07-12-2012, 2:53 PM
Sound activated sonic deterents seem to be a good choice. But it may cause your
local K-9's to react too.

taperxz
07-12-2012, 2:56 PM
Hey everybody,

Wasn't sure where to post this, but I've got a few questions about some furry intruders on my property.

Basically, I live near some big fields and a quarry. Every night, I'll either hear a pack of coyotes running about, racoons feasting on my garbage, or some kind of other unidentified creatures that get quite close to my home. I know sound caries farther at night, but this is getting uncomfortable for me since I couldn't sleep all night hearing these damn things.

Just want to know what's the law on dealing with unwanted critters in my yard? Whether it's coyotes or even a mountain lion(although I doubt they inhabit my area)
Obviously, if I felt threatened or feel that my family or my new pups are in danger then I want to take action.

It would probably help if you secured your garbage. Just sayin...

Shoot-it
07-12-2012, 3:06 PM
Put up a game camera i bet you will see all kinds of critters.

Manolito
07-12-2012, 3:22 PM
I live in the country with acres of natural habitat around me. If all you are doing is hearing things move on. If the garbage is being rummaged through get a 55 gallon steel barrel with a metal top end of garbage problem. I can tell you if you have a food source the animals will come. I have grey foxes that come everynight for water at the sheep pen game camera gets some good pictures. No damage no harm and the fox keeps those pesky ground squirrels in place.

The more animals I see in a day on the place gives me a good indicator on how I am taking care of the property. Very few animals are harmful I have killed yotes at lambing time and one mountain lion ate 8 sheep and the federal trapper harvested him.

Now the badger that lives down the driveway most animals leave alone he digs some big burrows but other than that he teches my dogs manners once in a while.

Instead of killing everything that ventures by give a try at photo and identify, it is a pretty cool feeling to share your yard with some of the most amazing creatures around.

Now if they damage or hurt you or your family including pets send an email and I will help with ways to get rid of them or kill them.

Bill
http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac245/manolito9/099-1.jpg

KWalkerM
07-12-2012, 4:03 PM
I live in the country with acres of natural habitat around me. If all you are doing is hearing things move on. If the garbage is being rummaged through get a 55 gallon steel barrel with a metal top end of garbage problem. I can tell you if you have a food source the animals will come. I have grey foxes that come everynight for water at the sheep pen game camera gets some good pictures. No damage no harm and the fox keeps those pesky ground squirrels in place.

The more animals I see in a day on the place gives me a good indicator on how I am taking care of the property. Very few animals are harmful I have killed yotes at lambing time and one mountain lion ate 8 sheep and the federal trapper harvested him.

Now the badger that lives down the driveway most animals leave alone he digs some big burrows but other than that he teches my dogs manners once in a while.

Instead of killing everything that ventures by give a try at photo and identify, it is a pretty cool feeling to share your yard with some of the most amazing creatures around.

Now if they damage or hurt you or your family including pets send an email and I will help with ways to get rid of them or kill them.

Bill
http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac245/manolito9/099-1.jpg

thats an awesome picture

duckman1
07-12-2012, 5:17 PM
Send your badger to take care of his problem.

KWalkerM
07-12-2012, 5:21 PM
Send your badger to take care of his problem.

Attack Badger!

HokeySon
07-12-2012, 5:50 PM
I didn't know we had badgers in CA.

VFX_man
07-12-2012, 6:16 PM
I didn't know we had badgers in CA.

We don't need no stinkin' badgers! :)

tpuig
07-12-2012, 9:58 PM
Badgers are just plain bad a**...

CasperSYTFU
07-12-2012, 10:34 PM
Badgers are just plain bad a**...

My family crest animal :D Relentless!

vintagearms
07-12-2012, 10:41 PM
Hey everybody,

Might I suggest earplugs and making sure you have no open garbage cans/food sources around your house? No reason to be like the idiot who posted about shooting bears from his balcony. :p

odysseus
07-12-2012, 10:53 PM
It would probably help if you secured your garbage. Just sayin...

That's most of it in a nutshell. I live also in an area with many different wild critters. The dog keeps a lot of curious ones off, but if I let garbage be had at, it can get real busy out there. Secure the garbage, and they keep moving on...

deadhawg
07-13-2012, 12:36 AM
Actually, it sounds like you moved into THEIR habitat. Secure your garbage properly and be sure there is no other food source on your property and you shouldn't have any problems. Unless the sounds of normal critter activity bothers you, and in that case, you should move back to the city. Personally, I like to hear the coyotes howl every now and then.

roushstage2
07-13-2012, 1:09 AM
Attack Badger!
Send Honey Badger in...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-IfSNl2RJ-So/TxD4Un_aQ_I/AAAAAAAABeI/LcBhp8HzwhY/s400/Honey-Badger-Dont-Care.jpg

dirtracer24
07-13-2012, 6:23 AM
This is the hunting forum I thought. Get your shotgun loaded up with lead free and your AR tacticooled out and take out anything that moves. Don't forget that the 5.56 is the most destructive round in the history of guns. Or you can just KCCO and let them be.

Curley Red
07-13-2012, 8:59 AM
We don't need no stinkin' badgers! :)

Beat me to it!

HighWildFree
07-13-2012, 9:35 AM
Beat me to it!

I love UHF. Anyone for a twinkie dog? Then we can teach poodles to fly.

DennisCA
07-13-2012, 9:43 AM
Home Depot has some animal spray repellent, unfortunately I can't recall it's name. I had a raccoon problem a while, sprayed that stuff around, trim the trees around my house and haven't seen them since! One word of warning: The stuff really stinks, so watch the wind direction when you spray! Once it gets on you or your clothes it's really hard to get rid of the smell (wife's have a issue with bringing stinky stuff inside the house-not sure why). Just one method...

Yaki
07-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Hey everybody,

Nothing mores annoying than some wild animals trying to survive. I hate animals when they do that.

Shoot-it
07-13-2012, 7:03 PM
This is the hunting forum I thought. Get your shotgun loaded up with lead free and your AR tacticooled out and take out anything that moves. Don't forget that the 5.56 is the most destructive round in the history of guns. Or you can just KCCO and let them be.Yeah your right i am waiting for someone to say get out there and spot light them with your ar-15.

tbhracing
07-13-2012, 7:08 PM
Tagged

capitol
07-13-2012, 7:49 PM
This Picture is better..
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i134/cingmore/Picture019-1-1.jpg
dead badger always beats live badger and the dead coyote in the background is the ace in the hole :D

jtv3062
07-13-2012, 8:54 PM
Hey everybody,

Just want to know what's the law on dealing with unwanted critters in my yard? Wheher it's coyotes or even a mountain lion(although I doubt they inhabit my area)

If you live in Livermore then you have mountain lions. Some follow the creek that runs through LLNL into town.

kayaker
07-13-2012, 9:00 PM
Animals Invading my Property

Humans invading my habitat

You only get to kill it if you are going to eat it or it is going to eat you.

Shoot-it
07-14-2012, 6:31 AM
Animals Invading my Property

Humans invading my habitat

You only get to kill it if you are going to eat it or it is going to eat you.

Humans are superior so the animal dies that's life.You only eat what you kill that is a hypocritical remark so you eat gophers that destroy your lawn?