View Full Version : continuous residency questions

Chameleon Loco
07-12-2012, 12:30 PM
So I am trying to buy a firearm "long gun that is not a c&r" from a fellow cal guns member but I just got my CDL so I am waiting for the photo CDL as all I have is a paper copy. Yes I know thart I can not purchase a longun untill I am 18 or turn 18 during the 10 day waiting period. I know that in order to complete a private party transfer you need to provide continuous residency or (atf form 4473, section 20.c). The only thing is I am almost 18 years old and pay very few bills. I do however have numerous report cards from the public high school that I just graduated from and I do have an online bank account. I also have my cars dmv registration but it is in my dads name. Can I print out my bank statments online and use them for complete the ppt?

07-12-2012, 12:50 PM
I believe it needs to be a state, county, or city bill. Water bill etc..... I heard they will take PG&E bills as well.

07-12-2012, 12:57 PM
I don't think you have to provide continuous residency requirements as of 9 July 2012 - it would be worth looking into more as I'm not totally sure about that - here's the new 4473 stuff http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/atf-revised-from-4473.html

07-13-2012, 5:48 AM
The continuous residency requirement was only for resident aliens, not US citizens. As jaytee pointed out, that no longer applies.

Chameleon Loco
07-13-2012, 8:42 AM
So now all I have to do is wait for my CDL in the mail and then I can start the transfer.

Mssr. Eleganté
07-13-2012, 12:26 PM
...Yes I know thart I can not purchase a longun untill I am 18 or turn 18 during the 10 day waiting period...The only thing is I am almost 18 years old...

You need to be at least 18 years old to start the DROS. You can't start the DROS ten days before your 18th birthday.

07-13-2012, 12:40 PM
Go to DMV and get a driving history report. It's like $5 and should have your current address(if not do a change of address first). This works, I have used it in the past.