PDA

View Full Version : OLL transport

advocatusdiaboli
07-12-2012, 6:37 AM
I know common sense says if I have an unadorned OLL (no upper, no mag, no BB) just as I bought it, I should not have to LUCC it but I thought I would ask anyway because common sense has nothing to do with California gun law. And remember, I needed an FFL to receive them for me, so they are a firearm even completely unadorned.

Wiz-of-Awd
07-12-2012, 6:47 AM
I know common sense says if I have an unadorned OLL (no upper, no mag, no BB) just as I bought it, I should not have to LUCC it but I thought I would ask anyway because common sense has nothing to do with California gun law. And remember, I needed an FFL to receive them for me, so they are a firearm even completely unadorned.

How about, "because common sense has nothing to do with California gun law" - just transport as a handgun and know that you're safe and won't have any issues?

A.W.D.

CSACANNONEER
07-12-2012, 6:52 AM
A stripped non AW/non handgun receiver can be transported on your dashboard, in your pocket, flopping around on your front seat, etc. Just like transporting any nonSENSE long gun, no lock is required by law.

Decoligny
07-12-2012, 7:18 AM
It is still considered a firearm.

It is still covered under the Federal GFSZ law.

Lock it up to keep from committing a Federal crime the first time you are within 1,000 feet of K-12 school property.

Chances of being caught/prosecuted = slim to none, Federal crime will still have been committed though.

CSACANNONEER
07-12-2012, 10:13 AM
It is still considered a firearm.

It is still covered under the Federal GFSZ law.

Lock it up to keep from committing a Federal crime the first time you are within 1,000 feet of K-12 school property.

Chances of being caught/prosecuted = slim to none, Federal crime will still have been committed though.

True, I wasn't thinking about GFSZs since, I live in the middle of no where.

advocatusdiaboli
07-12-2012, 1:30 PM
True, I wasn't thinking about GFSZs since, I live in the middle of no where.

Thanks all. That makes the most sense: normally a rifle, and with no evil features, doesn't need a BB and can be openly transported however GFSV adds a wrinkle and LUCC might be wise if concerned. If I have pistols LUCC, I'll just include it in the case. A locked plastic ammo box or my small pistol range bag works also and either is easy. I can pass by a few schools depending on which range or where I go hunting and Murphy's Law has always had a big role in my life so I'll LUCC.