PDA

View Full Version : Dillon Super Swage 600 for hire....!!!!

mrlonewolf
07-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Yup, like the title says.

Hey guys.

Every now and then I've seen fellow reloaders dealing and/or experimenting with military brass and their crimped primer pockets.

Lot's of questions, lot's of answers and lot's of different approaches; And for the records that's why I love this great Calguns community and member participation.

Ok, that being said let's cut down to business.

The Project.

I'm thinking in buying another Dillon Super Swage and make it available to our reloader members.

Some kind of traveling/loaner equipment, it will be a brand new in the box, never used and with all the bells and whistles (rifle and pistol rams).

The system.

I'll start a list to include members in need and/or looking forward to use this equipment based on the first come first served basis.

When the list reaches the (10) interested members mark, I'll ask the first member in line for proper shipping instructions via PM.

I'll will ship the super swage and post an USPS delivery confirmation number (as a sender) and it'll be the responsibility of the recipient to acknowledge.

The member receiving the Super Swage will have the equipment for (3) full days to work with it.

As soon as a the member receives the Super Swage ( not at the end of the three day agreement term), it will be his obligation to contact the next member in line for proper shipping instructions....... this means a fast moving equipment.

The member sending the equipment to the next member in line will post a USPS delivery confirmation number and the member receiving the equipment will acknowledge.

The cycle will continue for as long as it takes.

No more members on the list..... no problem; the last member in possession of the Super Swage will send it back to me and it'll be ready and on stand by to be shipped.

The rules of engagement

In order to be included on the list you must be an active and constructive/participant members.

Members with less than 200 posts please contact me before you post your interest in this thread.

If you are a member solely active in the off topic forum, be sure to contact me before posting in this thread.

Beginner reloaders feel free to ask questions ...... :D

The fine print.

Guess what, there is none.

This traveling equipment is 100% based in the code of honor.

You will be receiving a piece of equipment in perfect working condition, unaltered and undamaged, it'll be your responsibility to deliver it in the same condition to the next member in line.

Be safe, be responsible and enjoy your reloading fix.

This is just a concept and would really appreciate any feedback and/or input.

Best regards.

Lonewolf.

lpspinner
07-11-2012, 10:26 PM
I think it's a great idea. I have two and love it! However, with only three days...I wonder if they can plan it just right? Might want to give them up to a week instead.

JNunez23
07-11-2012, 10:30 PM
I like the idea..good luck with it. Hope it comes to fruition :)

kmca
07-12-2012, 7:19 AM
Might be even nicer if the borrowers can arrange ftf transfers. Could lead to new Calgunner friendships and it saves postage.

Dark Mod
07-12-2012, 7:28 AM
First in line!!!!! this will actually save me from having to buy one since i have maybe 2500 rounds to swage. Easily done in 3 days.

Quinc
07-12-2012, 10:40 AM
Damn I just got the RCBS swager die. =/ Now if you want to do a Giraud trimmer loan program! =)

lpspinner
07-12-2012, 10:52 AM
.... Now if you want to do a Giraud trimmer loan program! =)

I second that!

quig
07-12-2012, 10:56 AM
I'm in!!!

Second in line.

quig
07-14-2012, 2:27 PM
BTT

bruceflinch
07-15-2012, 6:35 AM
I think it's a great idea. I have two and love it! However, with only three days...I wonder if they can plan it just right? Might want to give them up to a week instead.

Two? you keep one set up for large & one for small primers pockets? You lazy so & so...:D
My Buddy has one he stores at my house, lucky for me.
I do the "decrimp" with my left hand. Keep the bowl of cases in front of me & a cakepan at the right hand end of the Swage. After Swaging, I flip the RH handle & it sends the processed case flying into the cakepan. Thus eliminating the extra motion of removing the case. :D I easily did 2000 cases in 3 evenings.

Nice idea Mrlonewolf!

lpspinner
07-15-2012, 11:10 PM
Two? you keep one set up for large & one for small primers pockets? You lazy so & so...:D

Doesn't everyone? I mean we have multiple Dillon presses, so why not other multiple Dillon stuff?

btw, it's not lazy, it's being efficient. :)