PDA

View Full Version : ACLU

liqu
07-11-2012, 9:30 AM
How can we get these guys on our side? they fight for everyone but us.

Cliff

rp55
07-11-2012, 9:36 AM
Tell them you'll donate when they learn to count from one to ten without skipping two.

die2surf
07-11-2012, 10:04 AM
Tell them you'll donate when they learn to count from one to ten without skipping two.
Coffee-enema up the nose. :laugh:

I gotta use that statement when talking to my anti acquaintances. "I'll consider your point-of-view as soon as you learn to..."

mdimeo
07-11-2012, 11:01 AM
They fight for causes their donor base cares about. Their donor base is overwhelmingly far left.

That said, some of the state organizations are 2A friendly; Arizona and Texas, for example. Again, this is a reflection of donor base.

California's ACLU donor base is going to be even farther left than that in most other states, so don't expect any help there.

ETA: anyway, they don't accomplish anything outside the court system, and we've pretty much got that covered via SAF, CGF, CRPA, NRA, ....

nicki
07-11-2012, 2:55 PM
We will need to look at their organization and see how it operates. The issue will be what are their bylaws and how many of their members are actually active.

Let's say for instance they have 100,000 members, but only 10 percent bother to vote.

This mean that a small number actually decides for everyone else.

Do the math:43:

Nicki

advocatusdiaboli
07-11-2012, 3:10 PM
How can we get these guys on our side? they fight for everyone but us.

Cliff

We cannot. They only support liberal interpretations of the Bill of Rights. SO their name should be North-American One-sided Civil Liberties Union ( NO CLU for short) ;-)

scarville
07-11-2012, 8:11 PM
It's a shame really. The ACLU could, again, be on the leading edge of advancing civil rights. Instead they prefer to fight the same battles they fought 40 years ago. Sure someone has to do it but the ACLU could be so much more.