PDA

View Full Version : SB 1221 . . . Mustered my courage!

VFX_man
07-11-2012, 10:23 AM
Gov. Brown was on my SWA flight to LAX. I approached him and said, "Pardon me, Governor Brown, I would like to encourage a veto on SB1221". His reply, "I have no idea which bill that is, there are several thousand bills". I replied, "This is the one banning the use of hunting dogs". He replied, "O.K., I'll look into it." I thanked him and moved on.

Short and sweet, I'll follow up with a email contact. Bet he wasn't expecting a 50 year old dude, well dressed in a sports blazer with fancy shirt to be discussing this particular bill with him :)

Who knows, was worth a try. No one else spoke to him it seemed.

Maybe we should all try and contact his office?

Cheers!

dobos200
07-11-2012, 10:26 AM
Well done Sir!

bigboarstopper
07-11-2012, 10:49 AM
Thank you very much.

HokeySon
07-11-2012, 11:23 AM
Good for you......I have issues with some of the Gov's policies, but I admire his ways on many things such as traveling like a normal person, recognizing that 2A rights are civil rights and at least listening to folks.... But again, good for you!

DirtyDave
07-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Nice work. Hopefully you will stand out in his mind. Every little bit helps.

MJB
07-11-2012, 12:42 PM
Can't hurt only help!!

My dogs thank you!

180ls1
07-11-2012, 1:05 PM
Good for you, well done.

newglockster
07-11-2012, 1:57 PM
:thumbsup:

newglockster
07-11-2012, 1:57 PM
:thumbsup:

mif_slim
07-11-2012, 2:47 PM
What you did sir was so good newglockster had to double post thumbs up! ;) :D

ElvenSoul
07-11-2012, 3:09 PM
Awesome Sauce!

chris
07-11-2012, 3:14 PM
Very cool.

taperxz
07-11-2012, 3:22 PM
Good Job OP!!

If anyone wants to write Brown, he is pretty methodical in his thoughts since being and AG of CA. We might want to push the idea that this type of law should be determined on science and not the hearts of the Humane society of the US!

Remind him of the hit F&G will take because of the tags that won't be sold. Most people that bear hunt with dogs, WILL NOT hunt without their dogs! They will NOT be buying tags and the bear population with increase to a point where they become a nuisance. This will over burden the government trappers, increase unwanted human encounter and force weaker bears (in the food chain) to visit and harass smaller communities.

There will be fiscal impact to the states F&G dept. which relies on these funds to function.

MJB
07-11-2012, 3:28 PM
Good points! taperxz!

What about the bear ban from the past? That thier has some weight to this matter if we are going down the same road as before.

victor1echo
07-11-2012, 5:54 PM
Thanks!:hurray:

mif_slim
07-11-2012, 6:12 PM
Taperx, it doesn't matter to politicians....encounters of the great cougars didn't budge them a bit....increased in bears won't either until they or their loved ones gets mauled....but that will never happen because they sit in a cool office all day and think of ways to mess our lives up.

taperxz
07-11-2012, 6:23 PM
Taperx, it doesn't matter to politicians....encounters of the great cougars didn't budge them a bit....increased in bears won't either until they or their loved ones gets mauled....but that will never happen because they sit in a cool office all day and think of ways to mess our lives up.

Mif the Lions were not banned by politicians. They were banned from hunting by the people in a vote, an initiative.

Brown Vetoed two bills this last session. One for the ammo ban and one for the LTC, AB610. His reasoning was that those particular items needed to be addressed by the right people. NOT the legislature! F&G regs should be decided by the commssion at least not the legislature. He gets that, sometimes. Remind him of the money it will cost the state!!!!!!!!!

Shoot-it
07-11-2012, 9:21 PM
Good Job OP!!

If anyone wants to write Brown, he is pretty methodical in his thoughts since being and AG of CA. We might want to push the idea that this type of law should be determined on science and not the hearts of the Humane society of the US!

Remind him of the hit F&G will take because of the tags that won't be sold. Most people that bear hunt with dogs, WILL NOT hunt without their dogs! They will NOT be buying tags and the bear population with increase to a point where they become a nuisance. This will over burden the government trappers, increase unwanted human encounter and force weaker bears (in the food chain) to visit and harass smaller communities.

There will be fiscal impact to the states F&G dept. which relies on these funds to function.
Well at least i will be able to road hunt and get my bear.......:D

HokeySon
07-12-2012, 11:12 AM
*** the bear population with increase to a point where they become a nuisance. This will over burden the government trappers, increase unwanted human encounter and force weaker bears (in the food chain) to visit and harass smaller communities.

Off topic a bit, but there have been quite a few bears making news in the LA areas in the past couple of weeks -- swimming in pools, eating trash etc.

I was listening to news radio a couple of days ago and the news guy was talking to a DFG rep about how they drugged one of them to be removed to the forest. The news guy used the word "hunting" in a sentence something like "well it was lucky that you guys were in that area hunting for the other bears that showed up the day before."

The DFG guy cut him off and said "first of all, we were not hunting" and he then on to distinguish what he thought they were actually doing (which was "looking to find problem bears to take them back to the forest" or something like that). So they were "hunting" under any dictionary definition of the word, but it was like even using the word "hunting" was verboten.

Just thought I would share as I found it funny and disconcerting at the same time.

molly
07-12-2012, 11:15 AM
very cool - thanks! :clap: