PDA

View Full Version : Got my STM tumbler yesterday

SARC_Mike
07-11-2012, 7:11 AM
I was thrilled to find my Stainless Tumbling media box on my porch. I opened it up, took inventory, assembled and got started. I did a 3 hour tumble with an excessive amount of soap, small amount of lemishine and a drop of citrus cleaner to clean up the media. Dumped it out and gave it a good rinse. Then added about 2 pounds of .40 brass that was dirty but not awful with a gallon of water, 2 tablespoons of dawn, 1/4 tsp of lemishine and turned it on. 2 hours later, I had brass as good and shiny as new. I wasnt really surprised at the results because of other reviews and pics I have seen but was still impressed. I am a total convert. Yeah its a little pricey. Yeah you can only do 2 pounds at a time but the results are gorgeous. Do I need it shiney...no, but I like it.
I dont have any pics right now...but just imagine brand new brass...there now you have your pic.

Anywho, I am very happy with my purchase.

Na-vah-duh
07-11-2012, 8:10 AM
Congrats! IMO its by far the only way to tumble brass nowadays.

IBJanky
07-11-2012, 9:06 AM
I just watched some videos about that product and it seems like added work compared to the regular corn cob method.

myke

SARC_Mike
07-11-2012, 9:44 AM
I dont think so.
Ive never used dry because it doesnt clean the inside. So versus my ultrasonic this is much easier and much better. Super clean!
Time loading, seperating and laying out to dry is about 10 minutes total. The amount of time and steps involved are quite worth it in my opinion.

IBJanky
07-11-2012, 6:57 PM
I dont think so.
Ive never used dry because it doesnt clean the inside. So versus my ultrasonic this is much easier and much better. Super clean!
Time loading, seperating and laying out to dry is about 10 minutes total. The amount of time and steps involved are quite worth it in my opinion.

I think so, but that's just my opinion.

With the traditional corn cob media, I tumble and when it's done I toss everything into the separator for 30 seconds and I'm done.

No mess, no water, no soap, no rinsing, etc.

I don't really care if the inside of the brass is clean or not. I guess some people have OCD tendencies and actually do care about that stuff. Why bother, seriously?

But hey, as long as you're happy.

To me, that extra 10 minutes it takes each time I'd have to separate the water/soap, ss media, and the brass is enough to deter me away from it, at least for now.

Who knows though, maybe one day I'd like to try it out too :)

myke

AlliedArmory
07-12-2012, 1:43 AM
I absolutely love mine as well. It really isn't very much work at all and the brass is perfect.

To make life easier, I run my Lee Univ Decapper in the Hornady LNL AP and decap a ton of brass at a time.

dbbspider
07-12-2012, 8:41 AM
It is more work than corn / walnut media, but I think its worth it, especially the zero dust factor. And with the current heat wave, dry time in the sun is less than an hour.

csburtch
07-12-2012, 8:44 AM
I've been using mine for a few months now. Guaranteed to have brand new looking brass every time. I was also turned off by the limited quantity, drying and cost for the initial set up. However, now I've got a system to it and it's quite efficient. I even use it to clean my stainless barrel of my 92fs. Those rifling groves never looked so clean. Just my .02