PDA

View Full Version : 30 round mags and featureless

j.hors
07-10-2012, 10:14 PM
I need a little clarification, if you run a featureless build you can use mags> then 10 rounds, or does that only apply to those mags that were owned before a certain year, and if so what if i were to get mine from my home state and bring them back? Clarification: i go back to Colorado and get mags greater tehn 10 rounds could i legally use them in my featureless AR?

ClarenceBoddicker
07-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Yes you can legally use 10+ rounds with a featureless semi auto that is over 30" OAL. To legally own 10+ round mags you had to possess them in CA before 2000.

Bigtwin
07-10-2012, 10:19 PM
I am no lawyer but the best I understand it is NO! By going home to bring the 30rd mag back(or having them shipped back), would be illegal importation of a "high capacity" magazine!
So as I read the law it would only apply to magazines that were owned in California prior to the ban.

I know....this state sucks!

repubconserv
07-10-2012, 10:19 PM
I need a little clarification, if you run a featureless build you can use mags> then 10 rounds, or does that only apply to those mags that were owned before a certain year, and if so what if i were to get mine from my home state and bring them back? Clarification: i go back to Colorado and get mags greater tehn 10 rounds could i legally use them in my featureless AR?

If you possessed those magazines in CA Before 2000 you can have them in CA and run them in featureless rifle. You can not buy/import/build new Hi-caps though.

j.hors
07-10-2012, 10:24 PM
well that blows sack oh well, i didnt even come here until 2006

Cobrafreak
07-11-2012, 5:30 AM
If you owned hi caps in the State before Jan 1st 2000 and left the state and came back later you may still legally hold your high cap magazines. I found a DOJ letter confirming this fact. Oh, this < is greater than, this > is less than :)

jwkincal
07-11-2012, 7:08 AM
Possessed. If you POSSESSED "large-capacity" magazines in CA before Y2K you may possess them legally today. If our OP had visited CA with his mags prior to the arbitrary date then he would be able to re-import those same mags legally.

...and the statement "20>10" is read as "twenty is greater than ten," so Cobra I'm not sure what you're trying to say?

vliberatore
07-11-2012, 9:02 AM
Oh, this < is greater than, this > is less than :)

No.

4 < 6

The open end always faces the greater number. It's like in 4th grade math when the teach told you that the greater than/less than symbol is like pac man who wan't the bigger "meal"

lawaia
07-11-2012, 9:17 AM
The laws that govern featureless rifles, and those that govern ownership of large capacity magazines are not one and the same. Make sure you understand the individual areas of the laws.

ohsmily
07-11-2012, 1:09 PM
well that blows sack oh well, i didnt even come here until 2006

A little slow on the uptake
-sent from Switzerland.

AnthonyD1978
07-11-2012, 1:10 PM
Possession is NOT illegal no matter when you came into possession of them.

But...You MUST use them in a featureless rifle....I love my Kel-tec SU16CA.

Legal 30 round mags in a "evil" rifle is illegal even if you have a bullet button. Check flow chart...

For 30 roungs mags to be illegal THEY MUST PROVE that you imported, sold, purchased, and/or manufactured the magazine in the last 3 years. Once again possession is NOT illegal.