PDA

View Full Version : 30 day wait question

Gabriel80
07-10-2012, 7:18 AM
I know in California you can only purchase ONE handgun every 30 days, however my question is Can you purchase a handgun and then SELL a different handgun the following week?

Is there a dros process for the seller of a FTF transfer that interrupts a purchase process too?

thanks CalGunners!

JackRydden224
07-10-2012, 7:21 AM
I know in California you can only purchase ONE handgun every 30 days, however my question is Can you purchase a handgun and then SELL a different handgun the following week?

Is there a dros process for the seller of a FTF transfer that interrupts a purchase process too?

thanks CalGunners!

Yes you can. What you buy and what you sell are two different things. You can only buy one new handgun from a store every 30 days but you can sell as many as you want. Also keep in mind that you have no limit on private party transfers.

OniKoroshi
07-10-2012, 7:23 AM
IIRC you can purchase as many handguns you want, BUT you can ONLY DROS 1 handgun every 30 days.

Buying and selling are different processes.

Gabriel80
07-10-2012, 7:32 AM
thanks for the help! much appreciated

gunnerstuff
07-10-2012, 7:39 AM
IIRC you can purchase as many handguns you want, BUT you can ONLY DROS 1 handgun every 30 days.

PPT are exempt from this! It only applies to dealer sales from their inventory (ie from an FFL). I believe consignment guns are also excluded.

CSACANNONEER
07-10-2012, 7:40 AM

Buying and selling are different processes.

You can DROS as many handguns as you want in one day if rhey are not being purchased from a dealer's inventory and there is no local codes preventing it.

xoutxkastx
07-10-2012, 7:54 AM
Isn't there a limit of 5 hand gun sales for 1 calendar year?

Librarian
07-10-2012, 11:14 AM
Isn't there a limit of 5 hand gun sales for 1 calendar year?

Transactions, where any number of handguns can be in one sale transaction.

SARC_Mike
07-10-2012, 11:53 AM
Transactions, where any number of handguns can be in one sale transaction.

WAIT....WHAT????

I have never heard this one. Seriously I can only do 5 transactions in one calander year? How does this work? I just DROS'd a new EMP. Is DOJ gonna put the kabosh on it (my 6th purchase this year)

ke6guj
07-10-2012, 12:01 PM
WAIT....WHAT????

I have never heard this one. Seriously I can only do 5 transactions in one calander year? How does this work? I just DROS'd a new EMP. Is DOJ gonna put the kabosh on it (my 6th purchase this year)
they're talking about sales, not purchases.

SARC_Mike
07-10-2012, 12:06 PM
OK!!! Thought I was pretty up on laws...just scared the crap out of me! Thanks for clarifying.

Gabriel80
07-11-2012, 10:59 AM
Can I dros one pistol from a dealer on a thursday then dros another pistol from a PPT sale on Friday? Or is that unacceptable in L.A. according to the 30 day wait? Can I pick up both guns after their 10 day wait?

Librarian
07-11-2012, 11:42 AM
Can I dros one pistol from a dealer on a thursday then dros another pistol from a PPT sale on Friday? Or is that unacceptable in L.A. according to the 30 day wait? Can I pick up both guns after their 10 day wait?

LA is the complication - 1 in 30 there for BOTH PPT and dealer purchase.

Of course, could always buy out of the city - that's a restriction on dealer delivery, not on residents.

Gabriel80
07-20-2012, 4:58 PM
LA is the complication - 1 in 30 there for BOTH PPT and dealer purchase.

Of course, could always buy out of the city - that's a restriction on dealer delivery, not on residents.

Are you saying I cannot buy two handguns within a 30 day period in L.A., even if both art PPT?

I thought you can buy as many as you like if they are PPT. L.A. county is different??? Can someone clarify?

I bought a gun PPT last week, it's ready for pick up in about 7 days, can I meet someone else tomorrow at a shop and start the transfer of another PPT pistol?

littlejake
07-20-2012, 5:18 PM
Are you saying I cannot buy two handguns within a 30 day period in L.A., even if both art PPT? True for city of Los Angeles

I thought you can buy as many as you like if they are PPT. L.A. county is different??? Can someone clarify? LA County does not have the same restriction.

Gabriel80
07-20-2012, 6:38 PM
wait a minute, where can you even buy guns anywhere in the CITY of L.A.? The only firearm stores close by are Burbank, Pasadena, and Culver City which are all in L.A. COUNTY but not considered CITY.

Maybe those laws are a huge part of the reason theres no gun store in Hollywood etc etc

ke6guj
07-20-2012, 7:18 PM
Turner's in Reseda is one. I there are one or two others as well that are considered in the city of LA.

Gabriel80
07-20-2012, 7:46 PM
thats so strange. they must have a rough time with some business! I can't picture reseda part of the L.A. city! weird!