PDA

View Full Version : 63.44(B)(14)(B) LAMC violation

IL1988
07-09-2012, 7:16 PM
I received a ticket last month for being on the Venice beach "after hours". On my original ticket, it is listed as 63.44(B)(14)(B) LAMC occurring at 2:05 AM on the intersection of Ocean Front Walk and Breeze. I am notified to appear in court. There is a box for misdemeanor which is unchecked. There are also areas in the ticket description where you can circle either Misdemeanor or Infraction. Neither is circled.

I accepted all of this, thinking that it would be a simple fine, slap on the wrists and I'd be on my way. However, I received the official notice today. I am still required to appear in court. There is no monetary amount listed (for a fine, bail, etc. Nothing). This worries me, as I don't want to set a court date, show up, and then realize I've walked into a turpentine of legal woes. I have a clean record and a (hopefully) bright future in the field of medicine. And, right now, I have no idea what to expect from this situation

gazzavc
07-09-2012, 7:22 PM
If you're lucky you'll get away with crucifixion............

SanPedroShooter
07-09-2012, 7:41 PM
The beach closes...? What about all bums? Do they get tickets?

I like 'turpintine of legal woes'. I understand what you mean, but turpintine is something old timers thinned paint with. Made out of pine tar I understand.

SanPedroShooter
07-09-2012, 7:47 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=382732

Thread from last year. Not on list of 2A related Misdo's according to our resident librarian.

Go to court, pay infraction, carry on and enjoy life in a prison city.

HowardW56
07-09-2012, 7:51 PM
I received a ticket last month for being on the Venice beach "after hours". On my original ticket, it is listed as 63.44(B)(14)(B) LAMC occurring at 2:05 AM on the intersection of Ocean Front Walk and Breeze. I am notified to appear in court. There is a box for misdemeanor which is unchecked. There are also areas in the ticket description where you can circle either Misdemeanor or Infraction. Neither is circled.

I accepted all of this, thinking that it would be a simple fine, slap on the wrists and I'd be on my way. However, I received the official notice today. I am still required to appear in court. There is no monetary amount listed (for a fine, bail, etc. Nothing). This worries me, as I don't want to set a court date, show up, and then realize I've walked into a turpentine of legal woes. I have a clean record and a (hopefully) bright future in the field of medicine. And, right now, I have no idea what to expect from this situation

You should appear, if it is just an infraction, pay the fine & call it a day...

If it is filed as a misdemeanor, ask for a continuance to retain an attorney...

Munk
07-09-2012, 8:12 PM
not 2a related, so this isn't the place for this post.

However, there are a number of "ticket lawyers" who will help you fight the ticket for a fee.

You can also just show up in court and pay whatever.

This kind of thing will most likely be an infraction, you pay, you leave.

ICONIC
07-09-2012, 8:24 PM
I am sure you will be fine. LA county needs cash so you have to pay the "tax" for being on the beach late at night.

Smokeybehr
07-09-2012, 8:59 PM
Were you on the beach after midnight? If not, make the cop prove you were on the beach. Otherwise, pay the fine and call it a "Stupid Tax".

tpc13
07-09-2012, 9:40 PM
Don't lie, the truth always set you free. Dress appropriately for court..be nice to the judge and call him/her Judge respectfully. You have the right to address your accusser, which is the cop that gave you the ticket. If you have a criminal record the cop will know. Ask yourself if this is your first offense or do you have more. If you are a good citizen and no tickets tell the judge. If you were straight up on the beach after hrs. then pay the fine and like someone stated above call it a day. Just hope the cop doesn't show up for court.