PDA

View Full Version : UniqueTek Micrometer Powder Bar Kit

Quinc
07-09-2012, 2:50 PM
Anyone have one? Or have made something similar yourself?

Update: I bought one it. It's awesome.

Here is my mini review:

Have used the Micrometer now with H335 and Varget loading .223 and it has worked great! Using the spread sheet it has been dead on. Using Varget with the small powder bar I have it set to drop 12.5grains and run the case into the powder drop twice for 25gr. It's consistent enough that after shooting 25rds though the chronograph my spread was only 70fps.

Bill Steele
07-09-2012, 3:07 PM
Anyone have one? Or have made something similar yourself?

I have one, I love it.

s4alex
07-09-2012, 5:28 PM
I have one. I actually bought a few different ones to test out.

The UniqueTek fine. I guess maybe if you are doing precision rifle rounds.

However, for my everyday bulk loading, I really like the Mr. Dials. Solid and feels better put together than the UniqueTek.

I will sell you mine if you want to give me 2 mr. dials. :)

qtrxist
07-10-2012, 2:57 PM
I have one. I actually bought a few different ones to test out.

The UniqueTek fine. I guess maybe if you are doing precision rifle rounds.

However, for my everyday bulk loading, I really like the Mr. Dials. Solid and feels better put together than the UniqueTek.

I will sell you mine if you want to give me 2 mr. dials. :)

Im looking into MR dials website. Looks promising. Right now I just marked with sharpie on my adjust bolt for a reference point. Contemplating if the $25 a pop justifies the MR Dial knob.

bruce381
07-10-2012, 10:59 PM
I have one and now use the same powder messure for everything. I just set the dial to what i had before (make a list of laods) and it is very repeatable.

I just run about 5-6 thows through each time i change powder or charge wt to get it settled in, it then verify powder charge wt and hook up and go very easy.

Twystd1
07-11-2012, 2:25 AM
I have 2. They work gud.
1 for the 550 and 1 for the 650. Very repeatable.

T

Quinc
09-07-2012, 7:50 AM
Bump see first post.

Lead Waster
09-07-2012, 9:33 AM
I bought a plastic knob that pushes onto the head of the adjuster bolt. This lets me adjust the throw on my 550b's powder hopper without using a wrench. MUCH easier, and it's like $2.

However, if you use the same powder hopper on different setups (ie; you remove the hopper, and move it to another set-up caliber tool head) you have to re-adjust the throw wihout any good reference other than trial an error. I believe that with the Uniquetek and the Mr Dial, they have markings so you can at least dial up a very close setting and then test from there instead of just wildly turning the knob around. I tried just putting a mark on my plastic knob, but it's still more trial and error than either of the aftermarket things. Still, $2.

Some people just buy multiple powder bars and keep the adjusted bar with the tool head for that caliber (assuming you don't change charge per caliber).

I hate spending the money for the Uniquetek, but I think I will, because it just looks like it makes life easier when changing tool head/calibers/powders/charge!

Quinc
09-07-2012, 10:10 AM
I bought a plastic knob that pushes onto the head of the adjuster bolt. This lets me adjust the throw on my 550b's powder hopper without using a wrench. MUCH easier, and it's like $2.

However, if you use the same powder hopper on different setups (ie; you remove the hopper, and move it to another set-up caliber tool head) you have to re-adjust the throw wihout any good reference other than trial an error. I believe that with the Uniquetek and the Mr Dial, they have markings so you can at least dial up a very close setting and then test from there instead of just wildly turning the knob around. I tried just putting a mark on my plastic knob, but it's still more trial and error than either of the aftermarket things. Still, $2.

Some people just buy multiple powder bars and keep the adjusted bar with the tool head for that caliber (assuming you don't change charge per caliber).

I hate spending the money for the Uniquetek, but I think I will, because it just looks like it makes life easier when changing tool head/calibers/powders/charge!

I was just using a socket that I stuck on the of the bolt head for a while. You will love the uniqueteck and the spread sheet. You just tell it how much powder you want and it tells you what number to adjust to.