PDA

View Full Version : I'm Joining the Fight

Bruceisontarget
07-08-2012, 3:45 PM
I have not been very active on Calguns and have only given limited support to the effort in the past. Yes, I have been guilty of taking for granted the enormous efforts to preserve our Constitutional rights fought for by CalGuns. Not very proud of my past inactivity. I'm telling ya'll now, I'm joining the fight. Today, I became an annual contributor and will do more in the future.
A little bit about me... I have always been an avid shooter. I own many AK variants, Glocks 21SF, 19, 35, 27, Doublestar M4, Over/Unders, Autoloaders, etc... 15 in all. I also am a Diamond Member of Front Sight and hold a CCW from the great state of Utah. I have fallen on very rough times as of late though. Currently, I am suffering from Hep C virus that I contracted from a blood transfusion when I was a child. The treatment I'm under has made it impossible to enjoy the shooting sports I love. The drugs have left me with low energy, pounding headaches, nausia, anemia... basically useless in many respects and under financial limitations since I can't work. The good news is that my condition is temporary, as I am responding well to the treatment and expect to "Slay the Dragon" within a year.
But sitting and doing nothing while watching our rights come under assault is unacceptable and frustrating. I will be e-mailing, writing letters, phone calls, etc... if anyone has any other suggestions as to how else I can help, I'm open to them.
Thank You to all that are fighting the good fight.
God Bless.

Echidin
07-08-2012, 5:03 PM
I congratulate you on your fight against Hep C and for becoming an annual contributor. In addition to your emails, letters and phone calls, I would recommend joining the NRA if you haven't already and making a donation to the Second Amendment Foundation if you are are financially able to do so. Glad to see you're committed to joining the fight!

wjc
07-08-2012, 5:05 PM
Congrats for joining the fight.

Good luck on your recovery!

curtisfong
07-08-2012, 5:17 PM
Bruce, thank you for your post. I have a close friend who is going through a similar ordeal with hep-c and its "treatment" (more like slow death through poisoning).

It is a difficult road. I wish you the best.

Bruceisontarget
07-08-2012, 5:45 PM
Thanks guys. I have my good days and bad days. The worst days come after the PegIntron weekly injection. I suspect it will take some time to recover my strength when the treatment is finished.
I've been an NRA member for years Echidin, but I don't think they do enough to fight for California gun owner's rights. Hence, I'm grateful for all that CalGuns is doing in that regard. I think the best thing I can do is get as many of my gun buddies to join the fight.

njineermike
07-08-2012, 6:09 PM
Hope you get better soon, and welcome to the fight.

CapS
07-08-2012, 6:14 PM
Welcome. One of the benefits you'll gain from joining is the number of caring, kind people you'll meet here. And the laughs. And the satisfaction of being part of the fight.
OK, that's three. Stop nitpicking.

:oji:

Cap

wash
07-08-2012, 6:41 PM
The best way to effectively fight for your rights is to educate yourself.

Know the law, learn both sides of the debate, how the courts work and California politics (perhaps impossible...).

Then stay 100% legal, stay out of jail and when our rights are being challenged, show up.

GOEX FFF
07-08-2012, 7:01 PM
Thank you Bruce, and best wishes for a speedy recovery!

We ALL MUST fight on.

DeanW66
07-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Today, I became an annual contributor and will do more in the future.

Ok, gotta ask: annual contributor to CalGuns.net (here, where the forums are) or CalGuns Foundation? Big difference, in case you were unaware. See my sig in you were not.

The good news is that my condition is temporary, as I am responding well to the treatment and expect to "Slay the Dragon" within a year.

Congrats and good luck on your battle.

Futurecollector
07-08-2012, 10:21 PM
Contribute to Calguns Foundation,

contributing to Calguns.net just makes Kest a 1%er

:hide:
:43:

RDT
07-09-2012, 9:33 AM
Good luck on a speedy recovery!

Bruceisontarget
07-09-2012, 1:17 PM
Ok, gotta ask: annual contributor to CalGuns.net (here, where the forums are) or CalGuns Foundation? Big difference, in case you were unaware. See my sig in you were not.

Congrats and good luck on your battle.

Thanks Dean, I wasn't aware that there was a difference. I just saw the link to become a CGN contributor and did so. I'll be donating to the Foundation when more funds become available to me.

forgiven
07-09-2012, 2:53 PM
I'll be saying a prayer for you Bruce. :Angel_anim: