PDA

View Full Version : Los Altos yesterday, another great day

tonb
05-28-2007, 3:26 PM
Well my groupings are getting much better with both my .45 and the .308, range time really is paying off. I'm still on the 50yd with the M1A, but only using irons, I was very pleased with my rifle yesterday. Also with the handgun on the short range stuff I've gotten rid of that low left shooting and now I've got a group that is more of a cloud in the center, so much better. Focusing on the front really helps a lot too :)

Anyway, went to the range with several friends, also trying to introduce a couple to shooing a rifle and one to shooting anything. Did the 40yd tin can range, also heard that a few people were bitching about their cans/jugs getting shot by someone else? Not sure about who or why that was though.

I did pull of an awesome 3 shot, I hit a coke can, it flew up the hill, hit it again, it flew left, then hit it one more time. That was sweet. :D

Also let the new shooter try a shotgun with slugs, that was hilarious, he he such a limp grip he practically lost the gun, whipped his head and everything. He said he had shot a shotgun a few times before, but I don't think so. I corrected his posture, he didn't even have the stock into his shoulder lol

Anyway, all in all another great day of shooting, a bit over 4hrs of range time and oh my god way too much money in ammo. edit: Oh yeah, and I don't think I'm taking any more friends to shoot my M1A, ammo's too costly, I need more rangetime alone.

BTW: Blazer brass .45 ACP at the Milpitas Wal Mart is like $10 a box, I got 10. :)

Tunis
06-07-2007, 10:12 PM
hey tonb..i may head out there this weekend for the 1st time! for the tin-can/bottle range...do you need to bring your own targets (cans/bottles)?

GI_JOE
06-07-2007, 10:54 PM
hey tonb..i may head out there this weekend for the 1st time! for the tin-can/bottle range...do you need to bring your own targets (cans/bottles)?

Yes, you must bring your own cans and bottles. Bottles can only be filled with water. You can add food coloring to your water if you really want to see the water shoot out of the bottles. If you forget to bring your own cans or bottles you can either scrummage through the recycle bin (sometimes there is nothing in them or they're to banged up) or buy several canned drinks at the vending machine to the left (you'll have to drink the contents before you can use them).

Each shooting session is 15 minutes, then about 5 minutes is provided for retrieving and setting up your targets.

and don't shoot other people's targets (I hate that sh*t :mad:)

I don't work there so don't take this as law.

Lon Moer
06-08-2007, 11:06 AM

Plastic bottles, empty or filled with water only (provided), and steel or aluminum cans.
No glass or breakable targets. And no Tannerite.;)

Baron
06-08-2007, 2:52 PM
Cool I was thinking of checking it out sometime.
What do they charge?
Are there benches to shoot from? Or can you lay prone?
Do they have a web site?

What kind of atmoshere is it?
Are Shotguns OK? Buckshot and/or Slugs?

Sorry for all the question, I just want to know what to expect....

Tunis
06-08-2007, 3:39 PM
Thanks for the info guys! As I've read in other posts, they're AR friendly, correct?

http://www.losaltosrodandgunclub.com/