PDA

View Full Version : Carp with the bow!

Shoot-it
07-07-2012, 9:30 PM
I stuck me a Carp this late afternoon .It takes a while to get it down with a re-curve but it's fun.I cleaned the fish it stunk to cut a little meat for myself and will give the rest away.
The fishing set up is a coffee can you wrap the line around it and shoot threw it works sweet and it costs nothing.I had to stick it again the arrow came out while i tried to pull it up.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e338/shoot-it/carpbowfishing004.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e338/shoot-it/carpbowfishing002.jpg

Thrillbilly
07-07-2012, 9:34 PM
Sweet!!!

victor1echo
07-08-2012, 4:33 AM
People all over the world except America eat carp. Many places in Europe is carp for Christmas dinner. They are supposed to be decent eating, just bony. I plan on catching one this summer and smoking it. looks like fun.

rooster85
07-08-2012, 7:19 AM
Good shooting! How's that carp taste?

Shoot-it
07-08-2012, 7:31 AM
I have the carp meat soaking in salt water
over night .My plan is to use beer batter ans deep fry it.I will post my results.

Diesel-Gunner
07-08-2012, 11:20 AM
I have the carp meat soaking in salt water
over night .My plan is to use beer batter ans deep fry it.I will post my results.

I am interested in results

DirtyDave
07-08-2012, 11:34 AM
Nice work with the bow. Just did a tournament with my brother last month, the tournaments are pretty fun.

I have eaten carp before. Brined and Smoked. Turned out OK. Nothing great. A lot of work to eat carp.

mzhunter
07-08-2012, 5:07 PM
where do you bow fish??

Shoot-it
07-08-2012, 5:29 PM
The lower merced river not sure if you know where that is CA is bIg.I was told they are spawning so any body of water with fish should be good.

spectr17
07-08-2012, 7:04 PM
Nice chooting. Spawn is over in some spots, algea blooms also have killed some water too. Big Bear is almost over with all the algea now. Usually by the 4rth of July it's done, you can shoot at tails in the shallows and that's about it.

Shoot-it
07-10-2012, 7:01 AM
I ate some of that carp i used uncle bucks beer batter you get it at bass pro then deep fried it.It was pretty good the only bad thing is it was to salty. I had soaked the fish to long in saltwater with just to much salt.I stuck 3 more yesterday after work but the tip came out.The fishing tip has 2 wings on them that are suppose to lock when you pull on the string but it needed a little work to get it working again.