PDA

View Full Version : Colt 901 Bullet Button?

Kauf
07-07-2012, 6:35 PM
A quick search didn't really answer my question. How will you bullet button the 901 with the ambi-mag release? Or will it not be possible to own them in California because of this? I'm new to AR's so I'm sure this has been done before, I just don't know how. Thanks for the help.

Patrick

Sgt Raven
07-07-2012, 7:48 PM
A quick search didn't really answer my question. How will you bullet button the 901 with the ambi-mag release? Or will it not be possible to own them in California because of this? I'm new to AR's so I'm sure this has been done before, I just don't know how. Thanks for the help.

Patrick
I don't have nor have I looked at a 901, but I have 2 OLL that had Norgon Ambi mag releases on them. To bullet button them you had to change it to a regular mag catch too. I used the Norgon on a featureless build instead. You could also switch out the 'featured' parts of a 901 also. ;)

CrazyPhuD
07-08-2012, 1:27 AM
The problem with the 901 is that it's mag catch appears to be nonstandard. Now to bullet button it, you could just cut off the ambi bit and then just use a regular BB. However if you look closely at the pictures of the 901 you'll see that the Ambi mag release appears to be held on by a pin. Pop the pin out and you *should* be able to remove the ambi bits to add later when out of state or featureless.

FYI

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h376/DocMakerAR/M1030024.jpg

fourXfour
07-08-2012, 7:16 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the 901 already has a catalog number for CA version. It may take a year for it to come out.

I will do some research....

ETA: I can't find the info!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD