View Full Version : varmint hunting spot??

07-07-2012, 4:36 PM
Looking to find a spot to hunt varmint thats not too far away..im in the long beach area , squirrel,rabbit,coon, ect...thanks for any help. And side note which varmints require tags?

07-07-2012, 5:44 PM
Only Varmint that requires tags are bobcats. I don't live near you so I can't give you any locations, but don't expect to get specifics locations over the internet. If hunters did that all their honey holes would be hunted dry.

07-07-2012, 5:52 PM
You need to know seasons and bag limits for the critters you want to go after as well. DFG website, learn it, live it, love it. http://dfg.ca.gov/hunting/

07-07-2012, 8:06 PM
i was just looking for general locations from skilled ,knowlegable varmant hunters. thanks i will do some home work.

07-07-2012, 9:50 PM
Cleveland national forest, Angeles national forest, BLM. That's about as specific as anyone is going to give you. People spend hundreds/thousands of dollars and countless hours finding good spots to hunt. No one is going to give good spots to some random person on the Internet.

07-07-2012, 10:17 PM
I totally understand that no one is gonna give up their spots. Just need a direction to head. Thanks for the info.

07-07-2012, 10:22 PM
Head North east my son.

07-07-2012, 11:15 PM
From LB you can head any direction except west.
The sticky at the top of the hunting section has a ton of links with good info. There is a link in there to buy National Forrest Maps. Buy some maps and study them. Compare them to google earth and then get out there are drive/hike around.