PDA

View Full Version : Catfishing at Mendota Wildlife Area

nevets
07-07-2012, 4:34 PM
Hey all,

I'm going to Mendota Wildlife Area soon to see if I can kick up some cottontails and figured I'd make a dual hunting/fishing trip out of it :)

I had a question about the prospects of catfishing at Mendota Wildlife Area... Is it a decent place to fish for catfish? Any particular areas I should check out?

Thanks for the info!

doublebuck
07-07-2012, 4:56 PM
bring sardine so you can go after stripper and catfish, good luck! Also bring a few lure(fluke) for strippers for spinning action if you get tried of still fishing.

Magana559
07-07-2012, 5:24 PM
I was there a few weeks ago and they have a sign that prohibits firearms, air guns, and hunting in general. There are a ton of cotton tails out there.

nevets
07-08-2012, 1:08 AM
I was there a few weeks ago and they have a sign that prohibits firearms, air guns, and hunting in general. There are a ton of cotton tails out there.

Really!?!?! I've never seen a sign there that said hunting was prohibited... Airguns and rimfire/center fire firearms yes, but hunting in general, no. Atleast not the last time I was there.

I checked the DFG website for Mendota and per their website, Mendota WA is still open for hunting (restricted to shotgun only, as it always has been).

Do you know if this is something new? I can't find any information online about it...