PDA

View Full Version : Heaviest gun for USPSA production

sdfmacross2
07-07-2012, 4:20 PM
I currently shoot an old west german sig p226 tuned by GGI and was wondering if there's any heavier guns out there. I like heavy guns. You know how STI have bull barrels. Does somebody make any bull barrels for sig? Sorry last question. I don't know the weight but how is the CZ 75 SP01 compare weight wise.

kmca
07-07-2012, 6:23 PM
Don't know if there are any bull barrels for your P226, you could always have one made, if you like. You know that if you put a bull barrel in you P226, you just advanced yourself into the Limited/L10 Division. Look at the USPSA approved production gun list, it lists all the approved guns and weights.

sdfmacross2
07-07-2012, 6:36 PM
you're right. But I would probably still have one made just for other competitions like steel challenge. Besides Barsto is their any that you recommend

kmca
07-07-2012, 7:43 PM
Sorry, I don't know much about Sigs, I'm a 1911/2011 kinda guy.

Gary13
07-07-2012, 7:47 PM
For production I would think the SP01 is about as heavy as you can get.

hkfooey
07-07-2012, 9:53 PM
I could be wrong - but for 226 - you can go in production class (no modification of barrel though) or if your 226 is in .40, you can go for Limited 10 with modified barrel.

Of course, you can go with Limited class - but you are handicapped with less than 20 rounds compare to those double stack 2011. :)

RippSpeed
07-07-2012, 9:58 PM
How heavy is your sig in ounces ???

My 5" STI Edge Limited gun is 38.6ounces and my new 6" Limited gun is 43ounces but thats without any lighten cuts or parts swapped out for lighter components

sdfmacross2
07-08-2012, 4:56 AM
42 ounces with empty mag. I actually don't know how much the weigh mags but I'm sure it's only a couple ounces. So I take it Sig and CZ are the heaviest ones?

RippSpeed
07-08-2012, 9:58 AM
42 ounces with empty mag. I actually don't know how much the weigh mags but I'm sure it's only a couple ounces. So I take it Sig and CZ are the heaviest ones?

there are heavier pistol out there SV Infinitys are in the 45oz range so are the Caspians, Paras and the RIA... These are all w/o mags

zfields
07-08-2012, 10:32 AM
there are heavier pistol out there SV Infinitys are in the 45oz range so are the Caspians, Paras and the RIA... These are all w/o mags

those are shot in limited though. Production has much more restriction.

RippSpeed
07-08-2012, 1:00 PM
those are shot in limited though. Production has much more restriction.

True... But it has to be in the approved list to be in production and there is no such weight requirement or weight limit in Production

zfields
07-08-2012, 1:43 PM
True... But it has to be in the approved list to be in production and there is no such weight requirement or weight limit in Production

Yup, and hes looking for the heaviest production gun......not sure why you would be listing limited guns.

RippSpeed
07-08-2012, 2:35 PM
Yup, and hes looking for the heaviest production gun......not sure why you would be listing limited guns.

where in his post did he ask about production guns??? he did mention STI's and asked for heavier guns. So unless you've read a different post than me. Show me exactly where he only asked for production pistols???

Shapes And Colors
07-08-2012, 3:08 PM
where in his post did he ask about production guns??? he did mention STI's and asked for heavier guns. So unless you've read a different post than me. Show me exactly where he only asked for production pistols???

The title of the thread is heaviest gun for USPSA production.

zfields
07-08-2012, 3:12 PM

The title of the thread is heaviest gun for USPSA production.

Yea, I thought the thread title gave it away also.

Don't need to get snippy.

unusedusername
07-08-2012, 3:32 PM
I think you can use a P226ST.

The stainless frame is heavier then the AL frame the regular P226's have.