PDA

View Full Version : Costco, BigHorn 19ECB

e46sc3
07-07-2012, 3:43 PM
Got a question for those who have ordered their safes from Costco ... How long after you ordered it, did it take for somebody to get a hold of you? And how did they contact you? My brother in law ordered me a BigHorn 19ECB on the 4th and no one has tried contacting me.

jj805
07-07-2012, 5:00 PM
Got a question for those who have ordered their safes from Costco ... How long after you ordered it, did it take for somebody to get a hold of you? And how did they contact you? My brother in law ordered me a BigHorn 19ECB on the 4th and no one has tried contacting me.

I just ordered one yesterday. On the order conformation that they e-mailed me, it said delivery was estimated to be 4-6 weeks. I hope that helps.

e46sc3
07-07-2012, 5:24 PM
Yeah, that's what my Brother in law said ... but, he also said that I should be receiving a email from them as well. I haven't received any such mail, but having spoken with him just now ... he tells me that he received an email asking for conformation that he did place an order for the safe. I guess it's in the works ...

Thanks just the same!

jchappies
07-07-2012, 8:51 PM
3 weeks from order to delivery

smokingloon
07-07-2012, 10:39 PM
Placed my order on June 19th and I have yet to receive anything.

e46sc3
07-08-2012, 12:25 AM
JChappies, a 3 week turnaround would be awesome .... lucky you!

Smokingloon, did they at least contact you in some form to at least let you know your order is in the works? My Brother in law said he received an email from orders@rhinosafe.com confirming my order. The Costco website shows my order was sent to fulfillment. Hopefully, I'll be contacted within the next 3-4 weeks for a scheduled delivery date.

photorog
07-08-2012, 10:17 AM
I got an order email from Rhino the day after I placed my order with Costco. Haven't got the safe yet. Tomorrow is four weeks. I'm guessing they were a little inundated with orders at that price. If you didn't get an confirmation email pretty soon after placing your order, I would call them or check your spam box if you have one.

triggs75
07-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Ordered mine on June 17th. Still in fulfillment.

tradecraft
07-08-2012, 11:22 AM
I didn't want to wait for Costco so I cancelled my order and went with Bulldog. I saved money and got the same safe delivered in 3 days.

smokingloon
07-08-2012, 11:25 AM
JChappies, a 3 week turnaround would be awesome .... lucky you!

Smokingloon, did they at least contact you in some form to at least let you know your order is in the works? My Brother in law said he received an email from orders@rhinosafe.com confirming my order. The Costco website shows my order was sent to fulfillment. Hopefully, I'll be contacted within the next 3-4 weeks for a scheduled delivery date.

I did get that e-mail and have confirmed my order. I am wondering if that recall has pushed back the shipping.

e46sc3
07-08-2012, 8:40 PM
well, hopefully those of you that placed your order over 3-4 weeks ago will hear something soon ...

guess, I'm gonna need to settle in and wait 4-6 weeks :(

photorog
07-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Got a shipping notice today from Costco. Shipping is via Reddaway, they said there were a lot of shipments from Rhino when I called to get a delivery window. It's been four weeks, hopefully everyone else gets their shipping notice soon.

triggs75
07-11-2012, 8:42 PM
Good to hear. Yeah I called rhino and asked for an update; the guy had good customer service and said mine was shipping out to the local delivery company this week. Then i should be contacted by the delivery company by end of week or early next week.

e46sc3
07-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Got a shipping notice today from Costco. Shipping is via Reddaway, they said there were a lot of shipments from Rhino when I called to get a delivery window. It's been four weeks, hopefully everyone else gets their shipping notice soon.

Good to hear. Yeah I called rhino and asked for an update; the guy had good customer service and said mine was shipping out to the local delivery company this week. Then i should be contacted by the delivery company by end of week or early next week.

Very nice ... but, since you two ordered your safes back in June ... guess that means I'll hopefully get word of mine in August sometime :(

MaHoTex
07-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Very nice ... but, since you two ordered your safes back in June ... guess that means I'll hopefully get word of mine in August sometime :(

I am in the same boat as you. Bummer.

A-J
07-12-2012, 1:14 PM
I recall it being very quick, although I was also quoted 4 - 6 weeks, it seemed like I had it faster. I know I was totally not ready for it to arrive when it did. Do a search (or / check the posts by me with keyword safe - I updated my info from when I ordered it to when it arrived in hte same thread but can't find it.

MaHoTex
07-13-2012, 10:55 AM
I got my notice that mine will be delivered on Monday. Woo Hoo. Just when I was preparing for the long wait ahead.

triggs75
07-13-2012, 11:29 AM
Guess they don't like us up here in NorCal.

e46sc3
07-13-2012, 12:56 PM
I got my notice that mine will be delivered on Monday. Woo Hoo. Just when I was preparing for the long wait ahead.

How did they contact you? I was under the impression that they would contact us to work out a scheduled date that would make sure that someone is home, not just tell us when it's coming ...

MaHoTex
07-13-2012, 1:04 PM
I got an email from Costco.com saying it is in Fontana and will be delivered on Monday. That is all. No call or anything.

photorog
07-13-2012, 9:17 PM
I got an email from Costco and a phone call from Reddaway to set up the delivery. They gave me a 4 hour delivery window. The driver was kind enough to use his pallet jack to drop the safe off right where I wanted it in the garage and took the packaging as well Saved me a lot if hassle, gave him a good tip. The safe was pristine, really happy with the whole experience.

smokingloon
07-17-2012, 10:52 AM
I got an email from Costco and a phone call from Reddaway to set up the delivery. They gave me a 4 hour delivery window. The driver was kind enough to use his pallet jack to drop the safe off right where I wanted it in the garage and took the packaging as well Saved me a lot if hassle, gave him a good tip. The safe was pristine, really happy with the whole experience.

So did it take 4 weeks from the time that you ordered to the time it was delivered?

MaHoTex
07-17-2012, 11:01 AM
So did it take 4 weeks from the time that you ordered to the time it was delivered?

I ordered mine on 7/2 and it is being delivered today.

srvgtrfan
07-17-2012, 5:19 PM
Ordered mine 6/22 and still have not heard a word other than it's been confirmed....but that was like day 1.

photorog
07-17-2012, 6:54 PM
Yes, it took about four weeks, I ordered on 6/12. I wonder if it was because so many orders came for the low price.

Dirtbikindad393
07-17-2012, 9:16 PM
I ordered the 36 from Coscto in June and it was delivered 4 days later. The trucking co called me a day before then the driver called the day of to give me a heads up when he was delivering.

e46sc3
07-17-2012, 10:56 PM
I ordered mine on 7/2 and it is being delivered today.

so, did it come in?

Ordered mine 6/22 and still have not heard a word other than it's been confirmed....but that was like day 1.

Yeah, I still haven't heard anything since the day after my safe was ordered. Like others have said ... maybe there's a back up due to a rush on safes as the sale was ending.

R.D.A
07-18-2012, 12:53 AM
Mine took 6 Weeks! My girl ordered it for me and after four Weeks I thought she got one over on me so I gave up. The delivery company called me 3 days before delivery to set up time frame, I chose between 9am and 3pm even took the day off, got here at 7pm!

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2

e46sc3
07-27-2012, 9:18 PM
Got a call today from the delivery company ... Safe is coming on Wednesday. That's 4 weeks to the day I order it ... :clap:

srvgtrfan
07-30-2012, 8:10 PM
Unreal! Was excited to find out I would be receiving mine today between 5PM and 7PM. The mover unloaded it, using only one leg of a pallet jack, then we both struggle to get it to my house since his pallet jack would only fit one leg under the safe. He unpacks it and what do I see? The rear bottom edge all jacked up with paint chipped off and deep scrapes! I'm thinking, OK, I can touch that up......so I look at the front and I notice something odd....yup, the front door spacing from the frame, especially on the hinge side is gapped very uneven. Like 1/4" up top and widens to 3/4" or greater as you move down from top right side. Has anyone else seen these types of issues when receiving their safes? I turned mine away and called Rhino and left messages about what I found. Hopefully I don't have to wait that long again with the same result upon delivery. I am truly bummed!

boltmopar
07-30-2012, 10:49 PM
I get mine on thursday. It was also a four week turnaround. I hope I don't get a messed up one like srvgtrfan

smokingloon
07-31-2012, 11:07 AM
I have the delivery scheduled for tomorrow. I hope I don't find any problems with it.

baffomet
07-31-2012, 11:19 AM
I just got the call that they'll be delivering the safe tomorrow. I ordered it on 7/6 so it's inline with the 4 week delivery.

Need to make space for it tonight!

triggs75
07-31-2012, 5:08 PM
This must be delivery week. Get mine delivered on Thursday, hope I can move it myself with an appliance dolly.

triggs75
08-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Delivered today, it was in good condition. The delivery guy was nice enough to use his pallet jack and bring it inside my garage which was awsome. Gave him a tip for that. I used a appliance dolly to bring it in the house and to its final destination. Wasn't to bad for a one man job. It would be a different story if it was the 36'r.

Chad

MaHoTex
08-03-2012, 8:11 AM
I used a appliance dolly to bring it in the house and to its final destination. Wasn't to bad for a one man job. It would be a different story if it was the 36'r.

I ended up with the 36" safe. Boswell in Temecula came to move it. Funny thing, it was one guy and he just moved it without any problem. Simply amazing and money well spent. There is no way I could have done it alone. I would have spent as much money on beer and snacks for people to come help me.

Sunday
08-03-2012, 2:58 PM
It has to come all the way from China!!!

sully007
08-03-2012, 3:03 PM
I didn't want to wait for Costco so I cancelled my order and went with Bulldog. I saved money and got the same safe delivered in 3 days.

Which bulldogs? A few on google search diff web pages

tradecraft
08-03-2012, 3:40 PM
Which bulldogs? A few on google search diff web pages

http://www.bulldogtuffsafes.com/

boltmopar
08-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Got mine today. Checked out okay and I even bolted it down today. The guy helped me bring it into the garage.

srvgtrfan
08-04-2012, 10:57 AM
Looks like they are taking care of me. Should receive my replacement early next week. Glad they jumped all over this as I have been waiting a L O N G time since I originally placed my order. Using a different shipping company this time so the guy doesn't try and use one fork of the pallet jack and balancing game again. They are supposed to have adjustable forks on these jacks by the way, according to Rhino. If your delivery person does not have the proper equipment, make sure you check your safe out thoroughly before accepting. Glad everyone else so far hasn't had any problems. Keeping my fingers crossed for a better experience this time out.

DRUNKENMASTER
08-04-2012, 11:20 AM
..use one fork of the pallet jack and balancing game again. They are supposed to have adjustable forks on these jacks by the way, according to Rhino.

LOL. When my safe arrived the guy was only able to fit one fork under the safe while I stood on the other fork to help balance it out. He pulled the safe and I up my drive way and into my garage all by himself.

triggs75
08-04-2012, 11:42 AM
Yep the pallet jack that was used on mine was one fork only as well with me balancing it up my driveway. I didn't stand on the other fork though.

The pallet jack fork is pretty darn wide and do not see how it would bend or mess up the safe with just using one fork. That sucks yours got messed up but glad they are sending another one out to you.

Chad

bsg
08-04-2012, 1:17 PM
Looks like they are taking care of me. Should receive my replacement early next week. Glad they jumped all over this as I have been waiting a L O N G time since I originally placed my order. Using a different shipping company this time so the guy doesn't try and use one fork of the pallet jack and balancing game again. They are supposed to have adjustable forks on these jacks by the way, according to Rhino. If your delivery person does not have the proper equipment, make sure you check your safe out thoroughly before accepting. Glad everyone else so far hasn't had any problems. Keeping my fingers crossed for a better experience this time out.

my biggest concern would be the overall quality of the safe, especially since you spotted the obvious qc problem with the fitting of the door.

inspect closely when your safe is delivered... regardless of what company or model you've chosen to go with.

good luck with the next delivery.

srvgtrfan
08-08-2012, 6:34 PM
Well,..... Sad to say that my 19ECB never even made it off the truck this time. The box looked pretty bad and the mover basically peeled back some cardboard and sure enough, there is about the size of a half dollar rub/no paint/bare metal on the right hand side. Also damage again at the lower rear edge with chipped paint and such. I did not bother wasting time looking anywhere else. Am I just being too picky here or what? I don't get it. At least he didn't have to balance it on one fork this time! Seriously thinking I may just have to cancel my order and buy from a place where I can pick it up myself. :( so bummed. Anyone else seeing any damage to your safes upon delivery or after? Just curious.

shortyforty
08-08-2012, 7:58 PM
I'm not sure where you are located but you may want to consider West Coast Liberty Safe Company. They are in So. Cal. Ontario I believe. Only prob with them is that they charge a hefty delivery fee. Also, Lowe's sells the Liberty Centurion 20 for a comparable price to the 19ECB. I believe it weighs 440lbs and you could pick it up at your local store. I've helped several co-workers and two family members pick theirs up and it's no sweat for 2 people and a quality hand truck. Liberty offers a lifetime warranty on that model also. Hinges are internal w/similar fire rating.

sunwelding
08-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Before you buy a Chinese built safe you should take a look at an all American made safe www.sunweldingsafes.com we have safes that compete with the Rhino, but they are American made.

shortyforty
08-09-2012, 3:08 PM
+1000000000000000000000000000000000 ON THIS ^^^^^^^^^ I just checked the Liberty web page to see if it lists country of manufacture for the centurion . !!!CHINA!!!!! This is very disapointing! I was under the impression that Liberty made all of their safes in the U.S. I wonder when this happened? I specifically remember the boxes and literature for the Centurion 20 saying MADE IN USA. Of course this was several years ago. Well, there goes more U.S. jobs. Just added http://www.sunweldingsafes.com/ to my signature.

srvgtrfan
08-09-2012, 5:14 PM
UPDATE

Spoke with Rhino today and although the rep was very nice, in the end, he could do nothing about the less than acceptable delivery and condition of my safe each attempt. He apologized but stated there was nothing he could do and recommended that although he would like to have my business, I might be better off canceling my order through Costco. He also stated I should find a local safe company that I can arrange to pick up my safe from, since Rhino can't seem to find a capable moving company to deliver it safely and in good condition. I really wanted this safe too! We talked for quite a while and he thanked me for my my input/feedback and asked that I keep them in mind for my next purchase? AHAHAHA!!! Yeah,OK...NOT. Called Costco and management is going to see what they can do for me. I hate to complain but geez!!! How hard is it to delivery my item without damage? I am glad for those that received their safe without problems, but I would love to hear back from those who have not had a good experience with their delivery/product since Rhino states I am the first they heard of having any issues. I find that so hard to believe. Hopefully Costco can fix this.

e46sc3
08-13-2012, 9:10 PM
Well, my safe actually didn't get delivered back on the 1st of this month. Rediway called me 15mins before my scheduled arrival time to tell me that my safe was put on the wrong truck. Don't know why, but it took 12 days and several calls by me to finally get it delivered today at 7:45pm (an 1hr and 45mins later than the scheduled 2-6 drop off time). I was in such a hurry to go and pick up my son from football practice at 8:00, that I didn't even have the time to inspect my safe until I got back. Lucky me no issues other than it being dusty. But, what is it about these delivery companies ...

damngato
08-21-2012, 6:44 AM
Ordered mine 10 days ago and still waiting for contact. I wish I could say I was patiently waiting but that is not the case :-)

srvgtrfan
08-30-2012, 10:43 PM
Well, delivery number 3 has come and gone....AGAIN. This time the delivery truck shows up one house down from me. I walk outside and the driver opens the door and I hear him yelling a bit. I go see what's wrong and there's my safe, which had reinforced packing/hardboard and extra packing to prevent scuffs, chips, and buckle rash the size of baseballs from the previous two attempts, laying on it's back! Driver apologizes and tells me that it had been on this palette all day without a problem and as he was driving to my house he had to slam on his brakes and heard my safe fall. He said he was pretty sure everything would be fine.......ummm, no thanks! The packing was great! Rhino did it right making sure this thing wasn't going to get damaged by careless delivery companies. How on Earth does this happen a third time? Was my safe not strapped down? If not then why not? Waiting for Rhino to figure out what to do next. Contacted Costco again and they have been absolutely fantastic! Just waiting to see where to go from here. Offered a refund, different safe, all sorts of options. Suggestions welcome. I need a safe same size or larger than Bighorn 19ECB for same price or slightly more. I want the Bighorn but it looks like this just isn't meant to be. This is just crazy. Saw the Winchester inside Costco recently about the same size. Any info on these safes? Not sure what the Bighorn 19ecb cu ft is inside but the Winchester is like 13 cu ft interior, 20 exterior I think.