PDA

View Full Version : Dillon Precision is one heck of a company

problemchild
07-06-2012, 12:36 PM
I had to send my 10yr old 650 back because it was getting a bit sloppy. When I called they said "send it in we will fix it up like new". And that is exactly what they did. The press is like brand new "tight" now. Wow! I am really happy. The dillon warranty is second to none. All the work and parts were done at NO charge. When I saw the repair invoice I see the line item parts at $156.00 dollars and Fedex freight back on a huge 30lb box cannot be cheap either. So it probably cost Dillon over $200 if you include labor to warranty this press.

All I can say is I will never buy anything else. Why would you? Oh and by the way this is the third time Dillon has gone waaaay above and beyond like this with items I have bought from them.

Thanks Dillon.......

Gotta love the speed of a 650
http://youtu.be/nby26pSPE8w

ZakAttackMan
07-07-2012, 1:03 PM
Dillons service does ROCK every time I need a warranty part for something they have it to my door within 3 days.

Just curious as to what they listed in the invoice for fixing?

How much did it cost you to ship it to them?

What was the turn around time from you shipping it out to receiving it back at your place?

CGT80
07-07-2012, 1:16 PM
They have only goofed on one of my orders, and orders of small parts can bring a surprising bill and shipping cost, but their warranty and quality have well made up for it. I have received warranty parts a couple times without any hassel or charge. The only thing better than a 650 is my 1050 with a bullet feeder. I won't even touch any of those red parts made by that dreaded company with the three letter name. I don't have the patience for cheaply made product. If only more companies were as good as Dillon.

joelogic
07-07-2012, 2:04 PM
I am not knocking the company, I love their service as well, but don't forget we pay the premium for the level of service, ie $10 for little plastic conversion parts.

Same can be said for other high end things.

lpspinner
07-07-2012, 3:52 PM
I love Dillon! There No BS warranty is exactly that!

bigdrunk92037
07-07-2012, 4:13 PM
I am getting funds together for a 650 XL. I cannot wait until I have processed enough ammo through it to send it back to Dillon for a rebuild!

BajaJames83
07-07-2012, 4:26 PM
I love my 550b and anytime I've called dillion they have taken care of me gotta love the no BS service

RandyD
07-07-2012, 8:50 PM
I bought my Dillon 650 used, and it needed some parts. I visit Scottsdale regularly, so I stopped in their store to order the replacement parts, and the sales guy refused to charge me, he told me all of the parts I was ordering were covered by the lifetime warranty.

rrg35
07-07-2012, 9:49 PM
How many reload did you have before you send it for service?

tangocharlie7
07-08-2012, 7:40 AM
If you buy a used 550b does dillon still honor the warranty? I'm thinking about a used one and sending it in to have it overhauled

morrow
07-08-2012, 8:23 AM
If you buy a used 550b does dillon still honor the warranty? I'm thinking about a used one and sending it in to have it overhauled
Yes, but you will have to pay for any missing parts.

BajaJames83
07-08-2012, 8:39 AM
I got my 550b used and they still covered any of the parts that were broken or missing that they could. There are just some things that they don't really consider breakable. They were easy to deal with though.
What would you guys consider out of spec and needing to go in for a full rebuild? I think my press runs just fine. Just wondering if there were anything to watch for or measure.
Thanks James

emy
07-08-2012, 8:54 AM
bought my first Dillon in1983, and got a 650 last year . Would never switch to other