PDA

View Full Version : So, when SB.249 passes... [[ NO 249 THREADS OUTSIDE 2A FORUM PLEASE ]]

user name
07-05-2012, 11:38 PM
Will AR15's need to have goofy Monte Carlo style stocks to be safe for us subjects to own?

Shrubmaster
07-05-2012, 11:51 PM
I suspect everyone will go featureless, thus exposing what "featureless" is to the politically twisted media that made sb249 a reality. Then we'll see sb250 to ban that. Then who knows... ban all bullets not made from plastic I would guess.

glock21fan
07-05-2012, 11:58 PM
I think due to the vaguely written bill and the fact that he says bullet button when he means mag magnet is going to screw the whole idea up since conversion kit could mean a featureless conversion as well. I tried reading into it since this started and can't figure it out.I'm probably going to sell my ar and get a mini or a keltec to get rid of any doubt since this law will result in arrests such as when the bullet button and olls were introduced. Anyone want to trade a mini 14 for my gg&g dominator. Lol

problemchild
07-06-2012, 2:47 AM
I will move out of state before I turn in my guns.

Dont_Shoot_im_Chinese
07-06-2012, 4:01 AM
Who knows...maybe they will limit us to five rounds or only have .22 pistols and nothing stronger than a .308 in the future.

rogervzv
07-06-2012, 5:23 AM
The bill as currently written does not ban our presently-legal bullet button rifles. It bans mag buttons. Until and unless a Court holds otherwise I have no intention of giving up my present black rifle, which is equipped with a bullet button and no mag button tool in sight.

njineermike
07-06-2012, 5:36 AM

I have a nephew working on his AR in Iowa. He's also a poor college student who just got out of the Marines. If the morons running this state continue the present track of stupidity they're on, he's gonna get a nice present in the near future, and I'm getting a mini 30 and a mini 14.

Calplinker
07-06-2012, 5:44 AM
The bill as currently written does not ban our presently-legal bullet button rifles. It bans mag buttons. Until and unless a Court holds otherwise I have no intention of giving up my present black rifle, which is equipped with a bullet button and no mag button tool in sight.

This. Let's keep the 249 threads over in politics where they belong. This bill will not affect BB equipped rifles. They also can't administratively or legally "take" them from us without compensation, which in this budget environment is not going to happen.

It's much ado about nothing.

I'm headed to Rifle Gear to buy some more lowers and BB's today.

For those of you who feel otherwise, I'll happily give you 20 cents on the dollar for your lower, since it is about to become illegal and all. :D

DarkSoul
07-06-2012, 6:03 AM
And why such a nihilistic view, it has not passed yet, and I personally don't think it will, once it gets to appropriations, and they start talking about what implementing this law will cost, it's out.

Jumping to the worst possible conclusion, I.e. giving up this early in the fight is, counterproductive to the cause, it gives Yee and his minions more incentive to keep pushing and making the bill dumber and dumber (they read every one of these posts, bank on that). If you don't want to lose your constitutional rights to bear arms, then focus this energy into writing your representatives, and congressperson, call their offices, write letters, but don't give up the fight, think about what our founding fathers who wrote this up in the first place, what would have happened if they just gave up at the first sign of defeat, we wouldn't be here at all.

ScottsBad
07-06-2012, 8:17 AM
I'm not giving up... NO WAY. But I am thinking ahead like many of the people here. If they do manage to ban my rifles here, the rifles will simply move to another state.

The craziness is that criminals are not gonna run with bullet buttons or even ten round mags let alone single shot ARs.

The people govering this state are stupid and ignorant and the state is populated with too many sheeple.

ICONIC
07-06-2012, 8:22 AM
Nobody knows how the law will (if passed) will be interpreted. Relax the sky is not falling. Instead of speculating write you district representative. This bill has several more hoops to jump.through

SA227driver
07-06-2012, 9:15 AM

^This. Nevada or Arizona here I come.

Librarian
07-06-2012, 10:07 AM
249 discussion in the 'Everything ...' thread in 2A, please.