PDA

View Full Version : Calgunner May Day Alert!!

drifts1
07-05-2012, 8:27 PM
So my son is visiting from AZ and we decide to do our father/son AR lower builds. We get everything ready and prep the work area. Step 1- install mag release buttons, Step 2 - start catch bolt roll pin......Screetching halt!!! My sons kit is missing this pin :mad: And we just started, ugh!!!!

So if anyone out there with extra AR parts would be so kind as to spare a bolt catch roll pin, please PM me. My son & I will be so greatful.

I can always call PSA, but their CS and shipping is sooo slow and I know the best people are Calgunners.

Thanks again in advance.

SocomM4
07-05-2012, 8:46 PM
Try Ace if all else fails. Triple check that it wasn't in there. Might be hiding .

cavemanlrrp
07-05-2012, 9:45 PM
If you want to drive to Merced I think I have a spare, but I bet you can find a kit at a LGS that handles black rifles.

I wont ask about step 1. :)

Best
caveman

Chaos47
07-05-2012, 9:51 PM
Check inside the pistol grip, the middle of springs, maybe even stuck to the side of the hammer or trigger if they are really oily..

Goodluck

SwPx4
07-05-2012, 10:02 PM
That isn't expected for PSA. I second the double and triple check. Mine had all the pieces but the oil definitely had them sticking together.

drifts1
07-05-2012, 10:07 PM
If you want to drive to Merced I think I have a spare, but I bet you can find a kit at a LGS that handles black rifles.

I wont ask about step 1. :)

Best
caveman

ha-ha, good observation. One is destined to be featureless, the other is moving to AZ. Merced is a good drive for a roll pin. Mail would be preferable, although my nephew is driving to Merced in the morning........

We checked several times, trust me, we wanted it to be there. Cant say for sure if it was PSA fault, so i wont. But they did forget a
MOE+ grip that was part of this order. They apologized and shipped it right away after i e-mailed them though.

Revolver Ocelot
07-05-2012, 10:18 PM
One of the springs was missing from my first PSA lpk. I emailed them and they got it out to me in a few days. they have always had great customer service in my experience.

cavemanlrrp
07-05-2012, 11:00 PM
ha-ha, good observation. One is destined to be featureless, the other is moving to AZ. Merced is a good drive for a roll pin. Mail would be preferable, although my nephew is driving to Merced in the morning........

We checked several times, trust me, we wanted it to be there. Cant say for sure if it was PSA fault, so i wont. But they did forget a
MOE+ grip that was part of this order. They apologized and shipped it right away after i e-mailed them though.

PM me if you need it. I'm off to the range tomorrow but will check pm before I leave. I'll be back in the afternoon.

Best
caveman

mdib870
07-05-2012, 11:18 PM
just go to the hardware store there all standard size roll pins

jsipe007
07-06-2012, 8:02 AM
Wish I could help ya! But no spare pins here :(

I had a similar problem... I bought a complete lower build kit from PSA, it arrived and I was missing the stock but had everything else. They apologized and sent me a stock immediately. Luckily I was already waiting on an upper so I didn't lose any time on my build :)

jrivera408
07-06-2012, 8:14 AM
A google search showed 0.093 as the diameter, and almost .5inch in length. You may be able to go to a local hardware, grainger, or mcmaster store to find something? Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

deviljon
07-06-2012, 9:06 AM
I have a spare one. PM inbound.