PDA

View Full Version : AR15 Muzzle Device question

AvyDriver
07-05-2012, 1:28 PM
What restrictions, if any, are there to muzzle devices on a 16" bbl'd AR15? I've heard various things and am trying to find the correct answer as to what type is restricted if any and if possible a way to support it if a misinformed individual contests the information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tonelar
07-05-2012, 1:33 PM
16" BB rifle can have whatever evil features its owner desires.

AfghanVetOrcutt
07-05-2012, 1:38 PM
Evil rifle or featureless?

If you have a bullet button and your OAL is at least 30" (I believe, correct me if I am wrong) there isn't any restriction as far as I know.

I am not an expert so I would wait for smarter people than I to chime in.

Check the flowchart, lots of good info there.

AvyDriver
07-05-2012, 1:50 PM
Oh sorry. Evil with bullet button.

rero360
07-05-2012, 1:54 PM
Oh sorry. Evil with bullet button.

Any that you want (provided that it doesn't reduce the report, i.e. suppressor) heck you could mount a barbie head on it so the bullets exit her mouth if you really want.

Its when you have a featureless rifles that you cannot use flash hiders, but comps and brakes are perfectly legal.

AvyDriver
07-05-2012, 2:10 PM
This exactly what I thought. Any way that you guys can think of to prove this to the naysayers? Especially of the game warden variety?

rero360
07-05-2012, 2:18 PM
Umm... the flow chart, its written down in the PC as well, which the flow chart references. If some game warden is unable to look up a particular PC and read it, well then said individual should suck start their issued pistol.

AvyDriver
07-05-2012, 2:36 PM
Thanks rero forgot the flow chart had the Pcs on it. Thanks for the info everyone.