PDA

View Full Version : bullet button tool on a hinge??

corrosively_armed
07-05-2012, 12:12 PM
I was talking to a friend of mine about the new bullet button legislation. He pointed out that the magnet tool to depress the relese button is illegal. Why not put button on a hinge that swings over and when you depress it it in turn depresses the mag release button? Does that get around the ban on the magnet button?

mdimeo
07-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Same thing. No. Already illegal IMHO.

I wouldn't get any closer to an attached tool than a screwdriver dangling from a string.

Connor P Price
07-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Don't play that game. Once you've attached an item to the firearm it becomes an integral part of the gun and most likely wont be considered a separate tool any longer. I'd think a screwdriver dangling from a string would put you in an equally bad place.

corrosively_armed
07-05-2012, 12:26 PM
You could make a simple device that went over your thumb with the tool to push in the magazine. Sort of a flat metal band with a button spot welded onto it. A leather thong of some sort would hold it on your thumb. That way you would not have to hold anything to do it and could still drop a mag and load in a new one in the normal way. The bullet button thumb tool...

skyscraper
07-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Bad idea.

YubaRiver
07-05-2012, 12:31 PM
http://www.shapeways.com/model/311994/screwdriver-ring.html

milotrain
07-05-2012, 12:31 PM
1. Let's assume that this is possible and hasn't been done before.
2. Let's not talk about it.

Librarian
07-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Asked and answered.

Unless we get a volunteer to test the idea in court - risking a felony conviction for manufacturing an 'assault weapon' - it's just safer to assume that such schemes are less good than a separate tool.