PDA

View Full Version : What if I LEAVE California w/ my neutered AR?

dikroundtree
07-04-2012, 11:16 AM
I read a lot of posts of moving TO California. What can I do when I LEAVE California?

What needs to be modified/purchased/registered to have a full featured AR (or anything else)?

Or does it make sense to start fresh and leave it California compliant?

First post...

TNP'R
07-04-2012, 11:19 AM
Take the Bullet button off or take the grip wrap off basically anything you've done to the rifle that makes it CA legal take it off and throw it in the trash. Buy standard 30 round mags and thats it.

stix213
07-04-2012, 11:29 AM
A better question is how do you get past the guards and the razor wire into free america?

http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/berlin-guard.jpg

roushstage2
07-04-2012, 11:33 AM
No bullet button, no worry about "features," 100 round Surefire mags, SlideFire Stock, silencer, etc...

Colt562
07-04-2012, 11:50 AM
Get rid of everything and buy all the fun stuff

motorwerks
07-04-2012, 11:56 AM
I shoot in NV all the time. I just twist out my mag locks (Radlock) and then make sure they are locked before I hit the border. Last trip I double checked them all at the boomtown gas station.

ojisan
07-04-2012, 12:04 PM
I read a lot of posts of moving TO California. What can I do when I LEAVE California?
Or does it make sense to start fresh and leave it California compliant?
First post...

Welcome to CalGuns!
:)

Two likely outcomes on leaving your gun CA compliant:
The Locals, when they see your neutered AR, will sympathize with you and understand why you left CA.
Or
The Locals will point at you and laugh.
:p

Depends on your "build".
I run a featureless with A2 stock, all I really have to do is swap the rear MMG grip for a regular grip when out of state.
If you will be coming back to CA to shoot, something like this set-up makes sense to me.

Ziggy91
07-04-2012, 12:23 PM
What will happen?

You'll be free...? :D

Unless you come back, like other's said, ditch the mag lock/grip fin and buy all the hi-caps, tracer ammo, suppressors, SBRs, full-autos, explosives, and anything else to your heart's desire!!!
Then never post on here again, speaking of how nice it is outside the walls. :)

Mossy Man
07-04-2012, 12:30 PM
It will be like when rock Lee dumpted the weights

bohoki
07-04-2012, 12:47 PM
you have to comply with the laws of the jurisdiction you are in

2nd Shot
07-04-2012, 1:40 PM
After the locals get done laughing at you and saying demeaning, humiliating things about your origins, remove the BB or Grip Wrap and 10 round magazine and file them in the circular receptacle. Rejoice at life in a free state.

CBruce
07-04-2012, 3:05 PM
A better question is how do you get past the guards and the razor wire into free america?

http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/berlin-guard.jpg

Just make sure you have your papers with you if you look remotely Mexican.

FX-05 Xiuhcoatl
07-04-2012, 3:29 PM
^ I Only take my papers to Kentucky, and that's to wipe my but, since they use there fingers in that side of the woods :)

dikroundtree
07-04-2012, 4:23 PM
Thanks for all the info. Seems like suppressors, removal of bullet button and hi-cap mags are the most I can hope for.

Just read about the legality and cost of having a select fire... semi-auto is fine with me... for now until I learn how to bump fire or get the Slide Fire Solutions SSAR-15.

nitroxdiver
07-04-2012, 4:41 PM
Learn to get used to strangers saying hello. Neighbors will ask if you surf, or have met any movie stars. Remove your maglock and give away to a calgunner in the classifieds. Throw in your neutered 10 round mags as well, and order a bunch of reliable standard capacities. Walk into a gun store, purchase a new firearm, and take it to the range that afternoon. You'll also probably pay less state tax, and property tax, and your kids will probably get a better public education.
Have fun, see you outside the wire in 4 years, 5 months.