PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of going featureless but...

Psykoasn
07-03-2012, 9:13 PM
had a question about the non collapsible stock,

I like the way my Magpul CTR looks but instead of drilling and pinning the stock or buying a new stock, is it legal to just take the butt pad off, stick a PVC pipe or something in there and reattaching the butt pad to keep it from collapsing?

Mossy Man
07-03-2012, 9:18 PM
i'm also pursuing the featureless path, and from what i've gathered it is been understood that no permanence is necessary, but you want to have to use a tool to remove it.

i bought the MOE version so it was a little cheaper; i wont' feel quite so bad if it fails.

Chaos47
07-03-2012, 10:18 PM
The pvc pipe or dowel could easily be removed by an enterprising cop. (same could be said about a lot of things but most would take a tool... this wouldn't you could just take the stock off and drop it out)

You would also have to do this at the farthest out setting because the law isn't just about collapsing the term they use in the law is "telescoping" so that would include the ability to make it longer..

IPSICK
07-04-2012, 12:27 AM
had a question about the non collapsible stock,

I like the way my Magpul CTR looks but instead of drilling and pinning the stock or buying a new stock, is it legal to just take the butt pad off, stick a PVC pipe or something in there and reattaching the butt pad to keep it from collapsing?

CTR and similar are the easiest to fix without drilling and pinning. Please do a search if you want to find out how.