PDA

View Full Version : Bought another firearm from a Calgunner and another POSITIVE experience

noyo55
07-03-2012, 7:04 PM
About three years ago my wife said to me--completely out of the blue, "I'd like to learn to shot a pistol". Not having gotten a handgun since about 1965 when I was given a Colt New Service 455, which was way to much gun for her to shoot( I thought) I hit the web for information and came across Calguns. What a wealth of information and expertise.I had no idea re the new gun transfer laws and the roster. Two years and about $6000 later we have a variety of "new handguns" all purchased from Calgunners, found on this web site. We do the one for you, one for me routine---makes me happy--in a variety of ways.We have some good me and you time at the range
I have had a 100% positive experience, with the people I have had dealings with ,all of whom I would be happy to have as friends and a couple of who have become so. I was in Oroville doing a PPT for a S&W model17 yesterday and ended up going to the range with the seller--firing the gun, his new ( 1950 era) Model17, and another firearm he brought along. Very fine and pleasant gentleman, good conversation and very firearm savvy.I've had the same experience with all I have dealt with directly. This is a great community of interest, helpful interesting folks all! Thanks to "Wounded Knee Floyd" for prompting the post and the others I've had dealings with and thanks to those who post with helpful and interesting information.

89 Vision
07-03-2012, 9:20 PM
I've been lucky and have only good experiences with Calgunners too. Have had deals with folks from all walks of life with all different experience levels. The Marketplace section is definitely the most dangerous section on this forum. Well dangerous for one's wallet. But with that hurt that's put on your wallet, you get to meet another cool California citizen that loves guns.

Turbinator
07-03-2012, 10:10 PM
Good stuff - glad to hear that everything's working out great for you, both with your purchases, and with your interaction with other Calgunners.

Turby

Turbinator
07-03-2012, 10:10 PM
Good stuff - glad to hear that everything's working out great for you, both with your purchases, and with your interaction with other Calgunners.

Turby

tangocharlie7
07-03-2012, 10:15 PM
Noyo
Completely agree. Great community. Like a fraternity.
TangoCharlie

rkt88edmo
07-03-2012, 10:34 PM
I always bring a bar of soap as a gift to the other party when I PPT.

j/k - I too buy most of my stuff ppt here, and meet lots of great folks, yay us!

bsg
07-04-2012, 1:14 AM
thanks for sharing your story and experiences with Calguns members; very much reflective of and complimentary to the great community we have here.

forgiven
07-04-2012, 1:41 AM
Nothing but good experiences for me.