PDA

View Full Version : AK pistol...Legal?

Kenji8
07-03-2012, 6:03 PM

zfields
07-03-2012, 6:18 PM
Mag lock is needed. Use of sling is fine, same with muzzle break.

Kenji8
07-03-2012, 6:23 PM

ke6guj
07-03-2012, 6:33 PM
Because I don't understand it, it is a pistol.. right? Why doesn't my glock need a mag lock too?consult the flowchart, http://www.calguns.net/caawid/hgflowchart.pdf for your answer.

Shapes And Colors
07-03-2012, 6:42 PM
consult the flowchart, http://www.calguns.net/caawid/hgflowchart.pdf for your answer.

This. Check 15 and 16 in the chart.

Quiet
07-04-2012, 3:38 AM
Because I don't understand it, it is a pistol.. right? Why doesn't my glock need a mag lock too?

Your Glock doesn't have a threaded barrel, second handgrip and doesn't accept magazines outside of the pistol grip.

An AK pistol has a threaded barrel [PC 30515(a)(4)(A)], second handgrip [PC 30515(a)(4)(B)] and accepts magazines outside of the pistol grip [PC 30515(a)(4)(D)].
Therefore, in order to be CA legal it needs a maglock + 10 round or less magazine [PC 30515(a)(5)], so that it will be considered a semi-auto pistol with a fixed magazine capacity of 10 rounds or less (which will make it CA legal).

Penal Code 30515
(a) Notwithstanding Section 30510, "assault weapon" also means any of the following:
(4) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.
(B) A second handgrip.
(C) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning the bearer's hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.
(D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.
(5) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

Kenji8
07-04-2012, 6:08 AM

Quiet
07-04-2012, 7:26 AM
Now back to 1). What are the major difference with the m 92 and m 85 a d can it still be a pistol with the underfolding stock?

NO folding stock.

Less than 16" barrel length + folding shoulder stock = SBR (Federal & CA felony)

stilly
07-04-2012, 5:51 PM
I agree. BUT BOY those are fun to play with!

So then with a fixed/radlock mag lock on it then it is okay to have the threaded barrel and put on an AFG or VFG? I did not look at the flowchart. I have issues pointing and clicking on PDFs right now for some reason.

I was going to be attending one of those AK build parties in August and I am planning on making a pistol but I liked the all black look with an AFG and the fake suppressor or a horizontal FG on a rail if I can get it. Okay, I will settle for a VFG that folds up on the rail.

Turo
07-04-2012, 6:00 PM
I agree. BUT BOY those are fun to play with!

So then with a fixed/radlock mag lock on it then it is okay to have the threaded barrel and put on an AFG or VFG? I did not look at the flowchart. I have issues pointing and clicking on PDFs right now for some reason.

I was going to be attending one of those AK build parties in August and I am planning on making a pistol but I liked the all black look with an AFG and the fake suppressor or a horizontal FG on a rail if I can get it. Okay, I will settle for a VFG that folds up on the rail.

VFG is a no-no on a pistol. Federal law makes that an unregistered AOW. Other than that, with a mag lock you're gtg with the other stuff.

Kenji8
07-04-2012, 6:57 PM

Turo
07-04-2012, 6:58 PM
then why can't my glock have a threaded barrel with a comp or brake?

It can, you just need a magazine lock and 10 round maximum magazines, just like the AK and AR pistols.

zfields
07-04-2012, 6:59 PM
No bullet button.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

stilly
07-04-2012, 7:47 PM
VFG is a no-no on a pistol. Federal law makes that an unregistered AOW. Other than that, with a mag lock you're gtg with the other stuff.

So the AFG or a grip off to the side like a sterling/ikari warrior setup would be fine then?

Cool.

stilly
07-04-2012, 7:50 PM
then why can't my glock have a threaded barrel with a comp or brake?

I think if you had that threaded barrel with either a pinned or welded or red locktite comp you might be good to go HOWEVER beware the red locktite thing, that might not be enough for some folks to be safe. Everytime I see glock barrels though if they are comped they are made that way. PLUS I think you need to remove them from the slide so the comp must fit through the slide so that would make a pinned/welded/threaded item a nogo. I have a comped barrel on one or both of my glocks and it does not involve threads.