PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Hog kill ive ever seen!

kilword
05-25-2007, 5:10 PM
wow check out the monster this kid bagged!:eek:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,275524,00.html

Japsican
05-25-2007, 5:18 PM
wow check out the monster this kid bagged!:eek:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,275524,00.html

I thought she was already leaving "The View"...they didnt have to kill her!...Oh wait, never mind...

GlockComa
05-25-2007, 5:33 PM
What a lucky kid! Haha wish my dad took me hunting when I was younger.

Hoop
05-25-2007, 5:33 PM
I wonder if that has a touch of photoshop to it. I do know that Hogzilla was 8ft and about 750-800lbs, so it's not outside the realm of possibility though.

ghost
05-25-2007, 9:52 PM
looks like a f*****dinosaur!
i cant believe something that big walking around in the woods.

scombs263
05-25-2007, 11:17 PM
www.monsterpig.com

hybridatsun350
05-25-2007, 11:20 PM
What a lucky kid! Haha wish my dad took me hunting when I was younger.

Ain't that the truth....but that damn pig is huge!! :cool2:

finfan
05-26-2007, 12:17 AM
looks like a f*****dinosaur!
i cant believe something that big walking around in the woods.

WOW! Imagine that beast walking around (insert your Cali urban area here)!
:eek::eek::eek:...:cool:

FatKatMatt
05-26-2007, 12:45 AM
Looks like he took it out with a .500 S & W; that kid is my idol :p

tankerman
05-26-2007, 9:53 AM
Looks like he took it out with a .500 S & W; that kid is my idol :p
No I think that is a Ruger 22 and that is really one of the local hill billies (I am not talking about the boy).

taloft
05-26-2007, 10:10 AM
It would have to be a monster to still be walking around after 7+ hits from a S&W 500! They need to stop dumping radioactive waste into the water table.:nuke::D

If real, that kid is lucky as can be. Imagine if that boar turned on them after the first shot.:eek:

Damien45
05-27-2007, 5:19 AM
No I think that is a Ruger 22 and that is really one of the local hill billies (I am not talking about the boy).

lol In that case, I wonder what they did with the flannel and greasy ball cap! lol

That is an impressive kill. As far as "something that big walking around the forest", all I can say is bears are bigger.

stealthmode
05-27-2007, 6:25 PM
i wonder if that is a hybrid animal of a wild boar and a domesticated pig.

hybridatsun350
05-28-2007, 12:56 PM
i wonder if that is a hybrid animal of a wild boar and a domesticated pig.

Yea, it looks like it to me. A lot of wild pigs are cross breeds. We will never know if this whole thing is real or not! :chris:

whomper
05-29-2007, 10:06 AM
http://www.lostcreekplantation.com/hunts.html
Deer and Turkey
Lost Creek Plantation has over 2500 acres of pines, hardwood, and grown up fields for our deer and turkey hunters to enjoy. A contiguous tract of 1500 acres surrounding the lodge has been under trophy management ( 8 point or better) since 2003. We are proud to pass on the benefits of our efforts to our hunting clients. The remaining 1000 acres is hunter’s choice. Included in the daily fee in both tracts is the privilege to take one (1) doe, one (1) free range hog at no extra cost. Bucks carry a $500 trophy fee.

Year round food plots of wheat, oats, clover, soybeans, and corn are maintained to encourage a healthy deer herd.

Dove Shoots
Lost Creek Plantation Dove season kicks off the fall hunting season. We have had some awesome shoots in the past and expect to share the fun with our dove hunters. The first shoot of the year will be in conjunctions with Southeastern Trophy Hunters and the second shoot will be open to everyone. BBQ lunch is included with the Southeastern Trophy Hunters’ hunt only.

Quail and Pheasant Hunts
Lost Creek Plantation Quail and Pheasant hunts are conducted on 200 acres of rolling hills planted in sorghum strips or covered in native sage and ragweed. With field trial quality dogs doing the work, our upland fowl clients are assured of an action packed hunt.

Field transportation for those who cannot or do not want to walk is provided at no extra cost.

Half day, full day, or overnight packages are available. Combo hunts with deer or preserve hog hunts are popular.

European Pheasant Shoots are offered to groups of 15 to 20 hunters. These hunts are approximately 2 to 2.5 hours long (lunch is included) and are about as much fun as you can have. Chukars can be added to any hunt by request. Custom private membership packages and special corporate rates are available. All hunts include hunting guides, bird dogs, and bird cleaning.

Preserve Hog Hunts
Our European Boar and Feral Hog Hunts take place behind two miles of low fence. The terrain has everything that Lost Creek Plantation has to offer: From steep pine hillsides to hardwood creek bottoms, hogs have plenty of places to hide in the diverse cover.

Tree stands and shooting houses are provided for our hunters to use.

For the hunter seeking an exciting challenge, we offer the opportunity to spot and stalk trophy hogs.

Hogs can be hunted year round with the hunter’s weapon of choice. Preserve Hog Hunts are great for the young hunter as well as the young at heart!

AJAX22
05-29-2007, 1:58 PM
I think this is one of those rare instances where hunting with a .50 BMG wouldn't be overkill....

HillBilly
05-29-2007, 9:02 PM
Congrats on the wooly mammoth kill!

I have to say though, I am all for ethical hunting. I personally feel that if you have to shoot something nine times for it to drop, perhaps you need a bigger weapon. I understand it wasn't planned, but a handgun of any caliber is not suffecient for this beast.

vrylak
05-29-2007, 11:45 PM
Bar-b-Q

hmm, I wonder how it taste.
:D

Solidsnake87
05-30-2007, 4:06 PM
Congrats on the wooly mammoth kill!

I have to say though, I am all for ethical hunting. I personally feel that if you have to shoot something nine times for it to drop, perhaps you need a bigger weapon. I understand it wasn't planned, but a handgun of any caliber is not suffecient for this beast.

I agree completely. While I think this is truly one amazing hunt this is not very ethical. The beast was chased for three hours before being finished of with a final shot to the head. Hunting kills should be make quickly. I'm no tree hugger but I'm not into making my game suffer for a few hours before finally finishing it off. I'm sorry but no pistol of any caliber is appropriate for animals of that size. I understand that this was clearly not planned but somebody should have realized a pistol was not appropriate. A rifle should have been used.