07-02-2012, 10:31 PM
I am looking for a competent gunsmith (particularly with LWRCs). I'm looking for one within a 20 miles radius of the SGV. I need a gunsmith to remove my staked castle nut on my SPR.

I know of Bain and Davis and I know of Ammo Bros. I just want to want to see if there are any other gunsmiths in the area. If there aren't any other suggestions, I'll probably take my rifle to Bain and Davis.

UPDATE: Dustin (owner) and Mingo (manager, spelling?) of ammo bros are both awesome and they took care of my gunsmithing needs.

07-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Ummm...not in your 20 mile radius, but Daniel's Gunsmithing in Santa Clarita/Valencia is more than capable of handling castle nut issue.

I had a pin stuck in my AR (first time build) and he helped me get it out. Look up his info online and give him a call if you're willing to travel. He'll have you out in 20 minutes.

07-03-2012, 2:03 AM
thanks for the input. I might actually be shooting near there some time this month. there's nothing wrong with the gun per se. LWRC took extra measures to ensure that the castle nut would never accidentally come loose over time so they staked it- that's cool if you never want to remove the endplate or install an F93 or UBR stock. However, I want to install an ASAP plate (sigh).

07-03-2012, 4:48 AM
Gun Runners can do things like that too...I think Joe Rios is doing their work

07-03-2012, 2:07 PM
gun runners... I've heard of them before. That's not too far away either. thanks m35a2!