PDA

View Full Version : Troy Flip Up Rear Battle Sights OK with Vortex Strikefire?

robojet
07-02-2012, 10:02 PM
I'm getting parts to build my first AR15. I already ordered the Vortex Strikefire, and was considering the Trop Flip Up Rear Battle Sights. Will these items work together?

Thanks for your help!

tomd1584
07-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Why wouldn't they?

Yes, they will work fine.

However, with the 2x/doubler thingy, you may not be able to flip up the Troy rear depending where you mount the optic. I had a cantilever mount so I never had the issue. Maybe some other guys can chime in regarding how far the doubler comes off the optic.

p1choco
07-02-2012, 10:47 PM
They will work. There isn't a set eye relief for the strikefire. You can set the strikefire forward of the rear sight so that it interfere with it when it flips up. Or buy a mount with a quick release.

robojet
07-03-2012, 2:43 AM
I guess I was wondering about absolute co-witness. I'm new to using optics/sights (rather than simple ghost sights). I was thinking that besides the Vortex, I should have a rear flip up sight (like the Troy). I wasn't sure if I needed a front sight or not.

Sorry if the questions are pretty elementary. Thanks for the help!

jpm804
07-03-2012, 3:47 AM
Yes you would need a front sight also if you dont already have one for your AR15 to go with your rear troys you plan to buy.