PDA

View Full Version : whats the difference in 870 finish?

Pfunk0069
07-02-2012, 8:12 PM
i have a rem. 870 express magnum,im trying to find a 18in. barrel for hd. all the barrels i find are either blue or matte blue.... im pretty sure my 870 is matte black, is there a difference between matte blue and matte black? any know where i can find this barrel?

Ribkick
07-02-2012, 8:23 PM
No difference, just a different name. Your Express is matte blue/black.

Pfunk0069
07-02-2012, 8:25 PM
ahh ok i was goin crazy! is it blue is it black is it matte blue / black! thanks:thumbsup:

CK_32
07-02-2012, 8:28 PM
Matte stands for like dull or flat color so the colors matte blue and matte black are 2 different things..

As for the finish it all should be the same. Your either thinking blued or matte black.. Never heard or matte blued finish.. Bleuing is a type of way to black/coat a metal

But my 870 does have a blue hint to it but I believe that's because they are parkerized or something but the finish is horrid.

My 700 from Remington is blued and is a true matte black in color.

But blueing is a process and matte black is color.

Ribkick
07-02-2012, 8:35 PM
CK, you just confused the entire issue. No one asked about the process. Remington calls all their Express guns Matte or Matte Blue. Both synonymous.

But yes, their Express finish is crap. :)

GatorHunter
07-02-2012, 8:52 PM
:lurk5:

Ribkick
07-02-2012, 8:58 PM
As to where to get it, go here: http://www.aiptactical.com/Accessory_Sales.html

JD has them all in stock and the best price and if you call him, he will answer his phone and advise you as to what is best for your needs. He is the Remington guru around here.

I NEVER recommend someone because it always bites me but I will in this case.

CK_32
07-02-2012, 9:10 PM
CK, you just confused the entire issue. No one asked about the process. Remington calls all their Express guns Matte or Matte Blue. Both synonymous.

But yes, their Express finish is crap. :)

I'm just clearing it up so the OP doesn't go to the gun shop and sound like an idiot and try to order matte blue parts when he wants matte black lol

But yea they are the same thing and the post above is correct I was just to elaborate a little more on that.

Ribkick
07-02-2012, 9:17 PM
So I guess the correct answer for both of us should have been, order Matte finish. Win/win :)

CK_32
07-02-2012, 10:33 PM
So I guess the correct answer for both of us should have been, order Matte finish. Win/win :)

Sure haha