PDA

View Full Version : JRC carbine in 45...info/input wanted

green grunt
07-02-2012, 4:38 PM
Hi all , could not find any threads on this one (not great at search;) ..

was thinking about a 45 acp carbine...again ! ...... had the Oly Arms 45 upper some time back , did not work 100% so I sold it (dumb dumb me)...

was looking at the JRC vids and I like the carbine in 45acp that takes Glock mags , I already have a Glock 30 .... and I think the mags would work in JRC from the looks of it (?)..

can someone sound off about the JRC in 45...how well does it work ? is it worth the money , will it stand up to prolonged use ? ..

Thanks in advance for any info..............

Semper Fi.

joelogic
07-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Cant speak for the 45 but I have one in 9mm and it runs like a sewing machine. I ran mine at Ironman for 500 rounds without one failure or cleaning.

Works extremely well.
Worth the money.
Does need a good cleaning after 500 rounds but so far so good.

MrExel17
07-03-2012, 12:03 AM
OP I agree with "joelogic" for the money JRC are an awesome platform that takes Glock mags I too purchased the 9mm and it ran flawlessly. But before I purchased it I did do some research mainly Youtube and forums. The first batch had issues, now there about into the 3rd gen batches with modifications and replacement of the bolt these issues are gone. Even if these issues still arise JRC has excellent customer service. Reason why I know this is because I have a conversation with them pointing out the problems. They did mention the .45acp platform does still have bugs i.e FTE/FTF something to do with the round. But the 9mm & 40 are good to go! Hope this helps some.

green grunt
07-03-2012, 6:06 PM
COOL...........thanks for the info.........now to find one...
since I'm in Calif. (!) I guess I would have to put a fixed A1/A2 stock and MMG/solor tac wrap on in to make it legal in this state.....

green grunt
07-03-2012, 6:06 PM
COOL...........thanks for the info.........now to find one...
since I'm in Calif. (!) I guess I would have to put a fixed A1/A2 stock and MMG/solor tac wrap on in to make it legal in this state.....

joelogic
07-03-2012, 6:24 PM
You can get the compliant version that has a mag lock.

jimhart69
08-15-2012, 5:08 PM
Here is mine, I am quite happy with it so far. Just waiting for an A1 tube to get here so I can put on the Magpul PRS stock.

http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr263/tubed-n-lubed/Firearms/1.jpg

http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr263/tubed-n-lubed/Firearms/2.jpg

DasBoost
08-15-2012, 5:51 PM
I wish they made a 45 that took M&P mags. :(

jimhart69
08-15-2012, 5:53 PM
Ya only Glock mags.........so I bought a Glock too :rolleyes:

cc56
08-15-2012, 11:14 PM
Jimhart69- I don't even recognize the JR the way you have it. Way to customize it to your taste.

Dasboost- I was reading on their website that when people show enough interest they will make another magazine well for that mag. They specifically stated M&P magazines. You should call and tell them you would be interested.

The first 15 rounds had a problem of ejecting empties then the next 50 didn't for mine. I have the early model in 9mm. Apparently there is a recall of sorts for the early batches. Mine falls into the category serial number is 157**.

DasBoost
08-16-2012, 11:20 PM
Dasboost- I was reading on their website that when people show enough interest they will make another magazine well for that mag. They specifically stated M&P magazines. You should call and tell them you would be interested.

This knowledge is very bad for my finances... A HD carbine that shares mags with my HD handgun? :(