PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY, my new AR is Finished!!!

SouthCoastTargets
07-02-2012, 10:42 AM
I have been waiting for this day for 4 long years, finally had the cash to finish my AR and all i can say is that it was worth wait. I bought a BCM mid length upper with a centurion rail system and it has to be one of the nicest ARs i have ever shot.

currently at home in Oregon right now, and have it set up in "Free State" mode right now, i did get a raddlock, and will be installing that before i come back to Commiefornia, although with 249 i might have to leave it here :mad:

KvUxI_T3-Ww

Doc.Sil
07-02-2012, 11:20 AM
sweet ar man! working on building my first as well. so far have a spikes lower. going to throw on a noveske 16" upper. Larue FUG VFG. I am weighing b/t aimpoint pro/t-1 and meopta 1-4x for optics.

SouthCoastTargets
07-02-2012, 11:28 AM
sweet ar man! working on building my first as well. so far have a spikes lower. going to throw on a noveske 16" upper. Larue FUG VFG. I am weighing b/t aimpoint pro/t-1 and meopta 1-4x for optics.

Honestly, i cheaped out on the optics and got just a cheapy NCstar reddot, and it works great, holds a good zero. i personally believe that the ARs dont have enough recoil to knock the zero off of the cheaper red dots in a lot of cases. for anything bigger i would definitely get a high quality optic, i cant justify $500 for an optic when i was already $400 over budget just on the gun (oh no im begining to act like congress!!!!!)

FatalKitty
07-02-2012, 11:34 AM
that's some fancy trigger work at 0:14...

ExtremeX
07-02-2012, 11:40 AM

+1

What trigger are you using OP. Looks like a solid build.

Dhena81
07-02-2012, 1:04 PM

LOL

MrExel17
07-02-2012, 1:15 PM
Sweet, congrats! Glad you finished it!

batangueno
07-02-2012, 1:18 PM
Very cool! I'm looking forward to building my own soon.

SouthCoastTargets
07-02-2012, 1:18 PM

Slide fire FTW!!!!!!!

SouthCoastTargets
07-02-2012, 1:20 PM
+1

What trigger are you using OP. Looks like a solid build.

just a standard CMMG lower parts kit i picked up from Direct action solutions before i came up here.

wurger
07-02-2012, 1:34 PM
Nice.

I'm really looking forward to my Oregon move next summer. First things I'm getting are 30 round mags and a suppressor.

And a good rain coat...

SouthCoastTargets
07-02-2012, 1:40 PM
And a good rain coat...

dude dont even get me started, i have been here for a week and a half and all it has done is rain........ your probably thinking "its oregon", but june is supposed to be nice, if i wanted this weather i would have come up here in march.

end rant

TwinStick
07-02-2012, 1:49 PM
Don't worry about a rain coat. Once you've lived there for 3 months you'll never wear it again. You just get a little wet. It happens, deal with it. FWIW, July-Sept are usually rain free months.

SouthCoastTargets
07-02-2012, 2:31 PM
Don't worry about a rain coat. Once you've lived there for 3 months you'll never wear it again. You just get a little wet. It happens, deal with it. FWIW, July-Sept are usually rain free months.

its pretty true, i wear just a sweatshirt even when its pouring, i have lived in oregon basically my entire life, it becomes a non issue until it starts raining non stop during a part of the year that its not supposed to (like june)

wurger
07-02-2012, 3:49 PM
It's not the rain, it's the four straight months of drizzle that's the real problem. And how dang slow everyone drives up there.