PDA

View Full Version : SB1221 Special Hearing TODAY! - Need Your Calls!

DirtyDave
07-02-2012, 10:36 AM
They are re-voting on this today!!! Call and voice your Opposition to SB1221. Our previous victory does not mean squat if we lose this today, so dont just sit back and think we already won.
Contact info to make phone calls;
http://awpw.assembly.ca.gov/membersstaff

tony270
07-02-2012, 10:57 AM
Web page not available message at that link.

bigboarstopper
07-02-2012, 11:29 AM
We should know shortly

DirtyDave
07-02-2012, 11:34 AM
fixed link

antonio
07-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Called them all

ewarmour
07-02-2012, 12:07 PM
My calls are in, again.

bigboarstopper
07-02-2012, 3:19 PM
Can't confirm it but ive gotten numerous texts saying it passed

bigboarstopper
07-02-2012, 3:59 PM
Confirmed. It passed

taperxz
07-02-2012, 4:15 PM
Confirmed. It passed

The Assembly vote is tomorrow. Today may have only been a re visit by the committee

spectr17
07-02-2012, 4:30 PM
Just wow! CA bans use of hounds for bear and bobcat hunting. The whackjobs win. What will they ban next?

http://m.utsandiego.com/news/2012/jul/02/california-bans-use-dogs-bear-and-bobcat-hunts/

sent from my tin can n string

taperxz
07-02-2012, 4:34 PM
Time to call Gov. Brown for a veto.

spectr17
07-02-2012, 4:34 PM
If you want to read a real hoot, LATimes has an article today about the cougar shoot in Santa Monica recently. The anti hunting/PETA whackos are really showing up lately.

Yotehnter
07-02-2012, 10:30 PM
Does the ban effect this season for running dogs on bears ?

chris
07-03-2012, 8:14 AM
Banning the use of dogs for upland and waterfowl will be next.

bigboarstopper
07-03-2012, 8:39 AM
What will happen next by the HSUS and the anti hunting legislators is a ban on the use of dogs for all "persuit" hunting. They will use the language of this current bill and reasons of "inhumane hunting". They already have a successful road map for this bill and they will exhaust all possible methods of hunting with this method.

The bans that will follow this bill is a ban on all dogs for the persuit of all mammals. Fox, coon, hogs, squirls, coyote, rabbit ect.

In terms of other kinds of hunting expect a state wide leaded ammo bill to include shotgun shells.

chris
07-03-2012, 9:19 AM
And people wonder why I hate Democrats.

mcmikeblues7
07-03-2012, 10:11 AM
Anyone know when it goes into effect?

DirtyDave
07-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Anyone know when it goes into effect?

It hasnt fully passed yet. There are still a few steps left in the process, with the last step being Jerry Brown signing it into law. (or vetoing it - yeah right)

chris
07-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Brown will sign it. I have zero faith in him not to do so. No matter the mail, phone calls and do on to voice opposition to it. He will sign like a good Democrat.

taperxz
07-03-2012, 12:57 PM

Don't be so ignorant. More Republicans have taken our gun rights in this state than dems.

pieeater
07-03-2012, 1:04 PM
Well we used to run the dogs all winter on Bobcats. Rarely killed them mostly photographed and did it for the chase. I guess now I will just spend my winters killing stuff.

theseacow
07-03-2012, 1:15 PM

lol. you sound like you actually have faith in ANY American political party.

pieeater
07-03-2012, 1:20 PM
Don't be so ignorant. More Republicans have taken our gun rights in this state than dems.

Roberti , Roos, fineswine, Pelosi, Boxer, Deleon, Yee, Lieu. All dems.

pieeater
07-03-2012, 1:23 PM

Peace and freedom man!

theseacow
07-03-2012, 1:26 PM
Peace and freedom man!

:grouphug:

chris
07-03-2012, 2:22 PM

no i don't.

chris
07-03-2012, 2:39 PM

FAIL!!! more Democrats have done it in the last 20 years. lets just start with those stated below. so tell us all the republican legislators in this state that have iniated anti gun legislation. everytime i see new anti gun legislation a democrat starts it. care to add to this?

and don't forget Don "I got my CCW" Perata who brought us SB23. Gray Davis who signed SB23. these are just to name a few.

taperxz
07-03-2012, 2:40 PM
Ronald Reagan: made LOC illegal

George Deukmajian: Pushed and signed Roberti Roos

Bush I: First "assault weapons" import bans by executive order

Arnold_Schwarzenegger: Micro stamping, handgun ammo registration bill (dismissed by the courts)

Pete Wilson: No one under 21 can buy handgun ammo,

Dan Lungren: Gun free school zone, Roberti Roos, extended the wait period for firearms, firearm confiscation (sks's)

These Republicans signed or endorsed every major law screwing up CA today;)

taperxz
07-03-2012, 2:44 PM

Roberti, roos, still signed into law by a R govenor

Feinstein, All she ever did was vote yes on the fed AWB (now over turned)

Boxer, Nothing she has made up ever passed

Deleon, his bill was killed by the courts as constitutionally vague

Yee, a joke! big deal the mag magnet, it is already illegal on a centerfire rifle

Lieu, the dog thing yes!, not a firearm law, many R states had already banned the use of dogs prior to this.

Give me some real information guys. ^^these are nobodys!

taperxz
07-03-2012, 2:45 PM
FAIL!!! more Democrats have done it in the last 20 years. lets just start with those stated below. so tell us all the republican legislators in this state that have iniated anti gun legislation. everytime i see new anti gun legislation a democrat starts it. care to add to this?

and don't forget Don "I got my CCW" Perata who brought us SB23. Gray Davis who signed SB23. these are just to name a few.

Sorry, you need a history lesson:rolleyes:

taperxz
07-03-2012, 3:12 PM
Senator Bill Emmerson (R) Voted Yes on 1221

Senator Tony Strickland(R) Voted Yes on 1221

Senator Tom Harman (R-35) – Did Not Vote
Senator Sharon Runner (R-17) – Did Not Vote

List of Democrats who voted NO on SB1221

Senator Noreen Evans
Senator Michael Rubio
Senator Lois Wolk
Senator Roderick D. Wright

Do you see the problem here? 4 Repubs either voted yes or did not show to kill this bill even when we had 4 Dem senators who vote NO.

This won the senate by 1 freaking vote. It should have died in the senate. Thank these republicans who voted yes or didn't vote. I guess we should thank the Dems who also tried to vote this bill down. Guns and hunting is not always a partisan issue.

bigboarstopper
07-03-2012, 3:34 PM
If I was to lay blame on a political party I would blame them both. To me there is little to no difference between the democrat and republican party. Both are closed minded and unwilling to work together to get anything done. Each party votes along party lines to a predictable outcome. Politicians don't read the bills, they simply act as sheep for their political party. If this bill was voted on by the opinion of that politician with common sense and the influence of the constituants who called for their vote then it would look more like democracy. Instead we get this dem vs rep on everything. I fear this is where we are heading in this country, the trading of political power between these two political parties. The one in current power will do as they please until we vote them out. When the other side gains control they will repeal everything the last party inacted or at least attempt too. Meanwhile the citizens are never served by those we vote for and our government is transformed into something we do not recodnize.

pieeater
07-03-2012, 4:05 PM
20 Dems voted yes and 2 republicans Im not in love with the republicans. I dont trust anybody. And the republicans stab us in the back and sellout all the time. But all these bills are authored by liberal dems and rammed down are throats by them. 20 to 2. screw them

Who Voted How On California SB 1221
Posted on May 21, 2012
On Monday, May 21, 2012, the California Senate voted to ban bear and bobcat hunting with hounds. The bill – SB 1221 – was sponsored by the world’s largest anti-hunting organization, the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS).
The vote was 22 in favor and 15 opposed.
Here is the breakdown of how each Senator voted:
Partisan Vote Breakdown
Republicans: 2 voted Yes, 11 voted No, 2 did not vote
Democrats: 20 voted Yes, 4 voted No, 1 did not vot
Senators Voting YES:
Senator Elaine Alquist (D-13) – YES
Senator Ron Calderon (D-30) – YES
Senator Ellen Corbett (D-10) – YES
Senator Kevin de Leσn (D-22) – YES
Senator Mark DeSaulnier (D-07) – YES
Senator Bill Emmerson (R-37) – YES
Senator Loni Hancock (D-09) – YES
Senator Ed Hernandez (D-24) – YES
Senator Christine Kehoe (D-39) – YES
Senator Mark Leno (D-03) – YES
Senator Ted Lieu (D-28) – YES
Senator Carol Liu (D-21) – YES
Senator Alan Lowenthal (D-27) – YES
Senator Gloria Negrete McLeod (D-32) – YES
Senator Alex Padilla (D-20) – YES
Senator Fran Pavley (D-23) – YES
Senator Curren D. Price, Jr. (D-26) – YES
Senator Joe Simitian (D-11) – YES
Senator Darrell Steinberg (D-06) – YES
Senator Tony Strickland (R-19) – YES
Senator Juan Vargas (D-40) – YES
Senator Leland Y. Yee (D-08) – YES
Senators Voting NO:
Senator Joel Anderson (R-36) – NO
Senator Tom Berryhill (R-14) – NO
Senator Sam Blakeslee (R-15) – NO
Senator Anthony Cannella (R-12) – NO
Senator Bob Dutton (R-31) – NO
Senator Noreen Evans (D-02) – NO
Senator Jean Fuller (R-18) – NO
Senator Ted Gaines (R-01) – NO
Senator Bob Huff (R-29) – NO
Senator Doug La Malfa (R-04) – NO
Senator Michael Rubio (D-16) – NO
Senator Mimi Walters (R-33) – NO
Senator Lois Wolk (D-05) – NO
Senator Roderick D. Wright (D-25) – NO
Senator Mark Wyland (R-38) – NO
Senators That Did Not Vote:
Senator Lou Correa (D-34) – Did Not Vote

Yotehnter
07-03-2012, 6:50 PM
I was wondering if it was going to effect this season because I was thinking on buying a d-7 deer tag.It would be nice not having all those yahoo's with dog boxes driving around the forestry roads this season.I would wave at them and they would give me a bad look like how dare you be here this area is mine kind of crap.

pieeater
07-03-2012, 7:55 PM
I was wondering if it was going to effect this season because I was thinking on buying a d-7 deer tag.It would be nice not having all those yahoo's with dog boxes driving around the forestry roads this season.I would wave at them and they would give me a bad look like how dare you be here this area is mine kind of crap.

Maybe try walking? I dont spend a lot of time on public land roads during shooting times. Sounds like you are road hunting? Might work on unpressured private but public land general draw id be doing some hiking. Take jeffpro with you and use the buddy sustem.

chris
07-03-2012, 8:16 PM
Sorry, you need a history lesson:rolleyes:

here you go need anyone say more. also this thread points out as to why we will lose our rights in this state.

20 Dems voted yes and 2 republicans Im not in love with the republicans. I dont trust anybody. And the republicans stab us in the back and sellout all the time. But all these bills are authored by liberal dems and rammed down are throats by them. 20 to 2. screw them

Who Voted How On California SB 1221
Posted on May 21, 2012
On Monday, May 21, 2012, the California Senate voted to ban bear and bobcat hunting with hounds. The bill – SB 1221 – was sponsored by the world’s largest anti-hunting organization, the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS).
The vote was 22 in favor and 15 opposed.
Here is the breakdown of how each Senator voted:
Partisan Vote Breakdown
Republicans: 2 voted Yes, 11 voted No, 2 did not vote
Democrats: 20 voted Yes, 4 voted No, 1 did not vot
Senators Voting YES:
Senator Elaine Alquist (D-13) – YES
Senator Ron Calderon (D-30) – YES
Senator Ellen Corbett (D-10) – YES
Senator Kevin de Leσn (D-22) – YES
Senator Mark DeSaulnier (D-07) – YES
Senator Bill Emmerson (R-37) – YES
Senator Loni Hancock (D-09) – YES
Senator Ed Hernandez (D-24) – YES
Senator Christine Kehoe (D-39) – YES
Senator Mark Leno (D-03) – YES
Senator Ted Lieu (D-28) – YES
Senator Carol Liu (D-21) – YES
Senator Alan Lowenthal (D-27) – YES
Senator Gloria Negrete McLeod (D-32) – YES
Senator Alex Padilla (D-20) – YES
Senator Fran Pavley (D-23) – YES
Senator Curren D. Price, Jr. (D-26) – YES
Senator Joe Simitian (D-11) – YES
Senator Darrell Steinberg (D-06) – YES
Senator Tony Strickland (R-19) – YES
Senator Juan Vargas (D-40) – YES
Senator Leland Y. Yee (D-08) – YES
Senators Voting NO:
Senator Joel Anderson (R-36) – NO
Senator Tom Berryhill (R-14) – NO
Senator Sam Blakeslee (R-15) – NO
Senator Anthony Cannella (R-12) – NO
Senator Bob Dutton (R-31) – NO
Senator Noreen Evans (D-02) – NO
Senator Jean Fuller (R-18) – NO
Senator Ted Gaines (R-01) – NO
Senator Bob Huff (R-29) – NO
Senator Doug La Malfa (R-04) – NO
Senator Michael Rubio (D-16) – NO
Senator Mimi Walters (R-33) – NO
Senator Lois Wolk (D-05) – NO
Senator Roderick D. Wright (D-25) – NO
Senator Mark Wyland (R-38) – NO
Senators That Did Not Vote:
Senator Lou Correa (D-34) – Did Not Vote

in the end Brown will sign this bill and one more type of recreation will be gone forever. won't be too long before we can't use our dogs for upland and waterfowl hunting. if it happens don't say i didn't tell anyone it was going to happen.

Yotehnter
07-03-2012, 9:47 PM
Maybe try walking? I dont spend a lot of time on public land roads during shooting times. Sounds like you are road hunting? Might work on unpressured private but public land general draw id be doing some hiking. Take jeffpro with you and use the buddy sustem.
Who is jeffpro and why do you guys think i am some other person that's getting old already.
I don't have any private land that holds deer only coyotes.:D
road hunting is the way to go in d-7 wait for the snow and catch them migrating down.Same thing in d-6 hope to get a storm before the deer season ends and hang out at crocker ridge .Do you guy's know where crocker is?

Shoot-it
07-04-2012, 10:06 AM
They think your an old member that use to be on here since you have coyote part of your handle.They are just having fun most are good people on here.