PDA

View Full Version : Bullet button concern

X-NewYawker
07-01-2012, 7:13 AM
IS everyone tracking this CA boil to make BB guns into Assault weapons? Have you all written your senator?

Is anyone NOT buying a gun now because they don't know how this will turn out?

pennys dad
07-01-2012, 7:19 AM
Follow this link to STOP SB249 (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=8823895&postcount=1)

STOP SB 249 - CRUNCH TIME

Here is the deal everyone, July 3rd is the vote date, we need to get this out to everyone. Everyone you need to get the message sent out!

Crunch Time Folks "Send the MESSAGE - NO to SB 249, NO to Sen Yee"

Tuesday July 3rd is the date for the vote, WE NEED TO SEND A MESSAGE!

We Need To Contact each member of the state Assembly Committee on Public Safety, Below is the NRA One Click, Email them, Call them, Fax them. Get out there and Make Your Thoughts Known!

NRA Members Council Information page
http://www.nramemberscouncils.com/legs/asmpubsafety.shtml

SB 249 is expected to be heard and voted on next Tuesday, July 3 in the state Assembly Committee on Public Safety. This is also the deadline date for ALL legislation to pass or fail in the state Senate and Assembly policy committees for the 2012 legislative session. The state Assembly Committee on Public Safety needs to hear from ALL of California’s gun owners and sportsmen urging them to OPPOSE SB 249. Contact information for the Committee members can be found here. Senator Yee and his staff also need to hear from California gun owners expressing their outrage that the Senator would suggest such a bill and urge him to pull SB 249 from the agenda. Senator Yee and his staff can be reached at 916-651-4008 and by e-mail here or atSenator.Yee@senate.ca.gov.

jdberger
07-01-2012, 7:29 AM
Full Court Press, Folks.

No Joke.

Call. Write. Email. Fax.

Then do it again.

X-NewYawker
07-01-2012, 7:29 AM
I've emailed Yee and signed these petitions -- but did you think that with all our bragging about how we got around the AWB with the BB that they weren't going to try and find a way to f**K us? You saw what happened when we went too public about open carry -- wham! They tried to shut us down. We can't forget: Democrats HATE GUNS -- and by association gun owners. Everu election state, local, nationals we give them eats away at our freedoms. If you want Food Stamps more than freedom, vote for the dweeb with the D next to their name

And nice how they schedule the vote for when many are going on vacation.

CSACANNONEER
07-01-2012, 7:30 AM
IS everyone tracking this CA boil to make BB guns into Assault weapons? Have you all written your senator?

Is anyone NOT buying a gun now because they don't know how this will turn out?

That would be foolish. Featureless is always a better option.

Another thing, the introduction of this bill was a good thing. It proves to all 58 DAs in Ca and all FFLs in the country that magazine locks are currently 100% legal in Ca. We should all send Yee thank you letters for publicizing this fact so well. I'm sure he'ld like to know how much good this bill has actal done for the pro 2A cause.

GM4spd
07-01-2012, 8:16 AM
[QUOTE=CSACANNONEER;8851092 Featureless is always a better option.

[/QUOTE]

Do you actually believe IF they legislate out the button,that they are going to
allow us to run featureless with pre ban high cap mags? As soon as they
SEE that loophole,game over, we will all be using sraight pull single shot(formerly semi auto)
rifles. Pete

CSACANNONEER
07-01-2012, 8:22 AM
Do you actually believe IF they legislate out the button,that they are going to
allow us to run featureless with pre ban high cap mags? As soon as they
SEE that loophole,game over, we will all be using sraight pull single shot(formerly semi auto)
rifles. Pete

I actually believe that this bill is too vauge to pass. As far as featureless guns are concerned, they would have to rewrite the AW law to basically make any semi auto into a CA AW. They don't have the backing to get that through or, they would have done it in '89.

TNP'R
07-01-2012, 8:29 AM
I actually believe that this bill is too vauge to pass. As far as featureless guns are concerned, they would have to rewrite the AW law to basically make any semi auto into a CA AW. They don't have the backing to get that through or, they would have done it in '89.

Or the could just ban AR-15's by name and keep adding to the list.

angrypeccary
07-01-2012, 8:38 AM
hell no im not going featureless it defeats the purpose of an ar or ak, pistol grip is the way i was taught in the military im not putting a wrap around grip or any other non ergo, if i wanted a sporting gun i will stick to my bolt actions.

Noonanda
07-01-2012, 8:39 AM
Or the could just ban AR-15's by name and keep adding to the list.

Colt "AR-15"'s are already banned, and they lost the power to add any more guns to the list

TNP'R
07-01-2012, 8:44 AM
Colt "AR-15"'s are already banned, and they lost the power to add any more guns to the list

They lost the power to add any more? How? Can't they just make up new laws like they seem to be doing now?

GM4spd
07-01-2012, 8:48 AM
I actually believe that this bill is too vauge to pass.

I hope you are right! We have been fortunate that no major tragedy has
occurred with some ebr whether it be bullet button or not.If some
newsworthy tragedy were to happen it would go very badly. Pete

Dhena81
07-01-2012, 8:57 AM
I've signed spread the word started monthly donations but I still need to make the calls I'll do it on Monday while at work.

PEZHEAD265
07-01-2012, 9:27 AM
Does SB 249 make your legal hi-cap mags and kits illegal??If it does I count more then 3 parts on that list to make just about any semi auto even featureless rifles illegal.Hi cap mag[?],the receiver, and a firearm with the capacity to accept a detachable mag at some location outside of a pistol grip.The part about the shroud just about covers any handguard on a AK or a AR.Remember that this is all based upon the interperation of the arressting officer of what is legal or not.This law has to go or it will open the flood gates for many laws to come.This law affects more then just BB guns.

Are the guns that are already in CA going to be grandfarthered in??Are they going to be confiscated or forced to be sold??It is a scary law that needs to go.

Prc329
07-01-2012, 9:28 AM
They lost the power to add any more? How? Can't they just make up new laws like they seem to be doing now?

I believe the list closed in 2007.

realgreenfire
07-01-2012, 10:52 AM
Are the guns that are already in CA going to be grandfarthered in??Are they going to be confiscated or forced to be sold??It is a scary law that needs to go.

i really do hope that if it passes they will be grandfathered in, if not, i can see LOTS of lawsuits in the future and the state losing dump truck loads of $100 bills. i for one wont turn over any possession that i have bought LEGALLY within the confines of their laws just because they have changed their mind after i spent my money.

CSACANNONEER
07-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Yep, Ca can't afford the law suits and the anti would not want to allow registration of close to a million new AWs that they would be creating.

pennys dad
07-01-2012, 11:06 AM
Folks while you are discussing your points, make sure you have emailed, faxed, called, facebooked, twittered everyone involved.

GO AFTER THEM! MAKE YOUR POINT KNOWN!

Click the link and make yourself known.
http://www.nramemberscouncils.com/legs/asmpubsafety.shtml

Adam Keigwin and Johannes Rognerud decided to proceed with the bill and now the SB249 is in the Assembly Public Safety Committee. To reach these staff members for Senator Yee, call (916) 651-4008.

Adam Keigwin he is on twitter go after him!

LovingTheYear1911
07-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Here is what the local gun shop told me about this lame bill.

He said that if this bill passes, all accessories on rifles, such as the collapsible stock, vertical grip, pistol grip, etc. would all be banned. Is this true or is it just the BB we are worried about?

Harrison_Bergeron
07-01-2012, 11:23 AM

He said that if this bill passes, all accessories on rifles, such as the collapsible stock, vertical grip, pistol grip, etc. would all be banned. Is this true or is it just the BB we are worried about?

The BB is what allows you to run those features on a semi-auto center fire rifle legally. No BB, then no evil features.

PEZHEAD265
07-01-2012, 11:24 AM

Yup any of those parts can be considered parts of a conversion kit.

PEZHEAD265
07-01-2012, 11:26 AM
The BB is what allows you to run those features on a semi-auto center fire rifle legally. No BB, then no evil features.

Read the BILL again it says you don't need the firearm just parts.Doesn't a grip wrap allow you to use a high capTake the high cap plus the receiver plus the abilty to accept a mag not in the pistol grip plus a free float handgaurd and you just violated sb 249 .Any of the above combo of the parts with out a bullet button does that.

PEZHEAD265
07-01-2012, 12:01 PM
i really do hope that if it passes they will be grandfathered in, if not, i can see LOTS of lawsuits in the future and the state losing dump truck loads of $100 bills. i for one wont turn over any possession that i have bought LEGALLY within the confines of their laws just because they have changed their mind after i spent my money.

The way I see it, it is a win win situation for them.They are going to stop the AW from coming in the future of CA.They are either going to make you sell your AW,remove it from the state or make you register it for a fee.They will most likely make more then enough money so Stockton won't go bankrupt LOL.

The thing I see also with SB249 is the mags and the kits being illegal.If they make the preban mags illegal to own all CA will have is 10 rounders.

raceraxe
07-01-2012, 12:22 PM
That would be foolish. Featureless is always a better option.

Another thing, the introduction of this bill was a good thing. It proves to all 58 DAs in Ca and all FFLs in the country that magazine locks are currently 100% legal in Ca. We should all send Yee thank you letters for publicizing this fact so well. I'm sure he'ld like to know how much good this bill has actal done for the pro 2A cause.

Soon or later they'll come after you too. Do not underestimate the commies.

B!ngo
07-01-2012, 12:30 PM
FWIW, in addition to the automated write-in tools, I sent this personal note to one of the members. I should say that I rarely take action involving our lawmakers, but I am more concerned that this bill is a distraction from the work that they should be doing even more than the content of the bill itself.
B

I am a law-abiding citizen living in and contributing to the growth and success of the technology industry here in the Silicon Valley for the past 25 years. During that time, I've sadly seen the degradation of our school system - both public and college/university, reduction in funding and support for police and firefighters, and dramatic cuts in the support of the poor and needy. At the same time I've happily seen a general reduction in crime, particularly weapons-related illegal activities, all post the expiration of the assault weapons ban last decade.
The latest focus on SB249 seems like another misuse of our lawmakers time, and the unnecessary focus on a part of the population that requires no further laws or limitations. Despite an ongoing reduction of crimes involving those guns defined as assault weapons, those unlawful part of the population who may make use of such weapons will not heed changes defined in the bill. For those who are law-abiding owners, there surely are no concerns about their behavior and this imposes yet more limits on their constitutionally defined rights, all while it takes the focus away from the priorities I cited (above) to which Assemblyman Yee and his peers like yourself should attend.
This seems like more distraction of out citizens while our problems of education, budget and police and firefighter funding continues, furthering the unconstitutional limitations on our law abiding citizens, and a solution to an issue that simply does not exist.
Please vote no on SB249.

Mossy Man
07-01-2012, 12:48 PM
FWIW, in addition to the automated write-in tools, I sent this personal note to one of the members. I should say that I rarely take action involving our lawmakers, but I am more concerned that this bill is a distraction from the work that they should be doing even more than the content of the bill itself.
B

I am a law-abiding citizen living in and contributing to the growth and success of the technology industry here in the Silicon Valley for the past 25 years. During that time, I've sadly seen the degradation of our school system - both public and college/university, reduction in funding and support for police and firefighters, and dramatic cuts in the support of the poor and needy. At the same time I've happily seen a general reduction in crime, particularly weapons-related illegal activities, all post the expiration of the assault weapons ban last decade.
The latest focus on SB249 seems like another misuse of our lawmakers time, and the unnecessary focus on a part of the population that requires no further laws or limitations. Despite an ongoing reduction of crimes involving those guns defined as assault weapons, those unlawful part of the population who may make use of such weapons will not heed changes defined in the bill. For those who are law-abiding owners, there surely are no concerns about their behavior and this imposes yet more limits on their constitutionally defined rights, all while it takes the focus away from the priorities I cited (above) to which Assemblyman Yee and his peers like yourself should attend.
This seems like more distraction of out citizens while our problems of education, budget and police and firefighter funding continues, furthering the unconstitutional limitations on our law abiding citizens, and a solution to an issue that simply does not exist.
Please vote no on SB249.

F***ING AMEN BROTHER!

Every time I see another gun control issue come up, I can't help but wonder "aren't there much better things to be working on?"

Because poor education isn't a bigger issue.

Because not enough cops on the streets isn't a bigger issue.

Because XYZ aren't bigger issues.

Pretty much everything is a bigger issue to be tackling and solutions can be had.

But no, our lawmakers make an issue out of NOTHING, and fix a problem that DOESN'T EXIST, just for the sake of grabbing guns.

It's f***ing sickening and makes me hate this state more and more every day.

drifter2be
07-01-2012, 12:55 PM

What AR-15? I don't own one of those:rolleyes::D

donw
07-01-2012, 2:17 PM
B

Please vote no on SB249.

well written.

one must keep in mind that over the last number of years, without massive campaigns for/against a cause/issue, California legislators and lawmakers, at all levels, generally, pay little or no, attention to gun owners, especially. they do d$#@ well what they want to any way...second amendment means little or nothing to them; feinstein and our current Lt governor are proof of that.

those are my thoughts

i am NOT advocating giving up by any stretch of the imagination!

i'm advocating the opposite, as a matter of fact...go on the attack!

we need to FORCE them to back off or resign with overwhelming opposition.

if you do things correctly, you can convince someone to go to hell willingly and make them look forward to the trip...Yee, deleon, portantino and those like them, have shown they do not believe in OUR GUN rights, why should we respect their opinions? they have no qualms about trashing our rights...turn the tables!

write...fax...email and call...most important...vote them OUT!

Quiet
07-01-2012, 2:45 PM
This hit me the other day...

BB maglock semi-auto centerfire rifle + possession of a large capacity magazine for that firearm = "assault weapons conversion kit"

Because a semi-auto centerfire rifle with a fixed large capacity (11+ round) magazine is an assault weapon. [PC 30515(a)(2)]

So, that would make possession of large capacity magazines illegal as "assault weapon conversion kits", as long as you own a maglocked firearm that uses those magazines.

CSACANNONEER
07-01-2012, 3:52 PM
Soon or later they'll come after you too. Do not underestimate the commies.

???????? I bet I have more firearms with mag locks than you do. Of course, the underlying concepts of this bill would affect me. But, as it is written now, it doesn't have a chance of becoming law. I've been around long enough to remember the cowboy shooters accepting the AWB once their guns were exempted. I remember all the hunters who didn't have a problem with the AWB. Yes, I remember the anti's divide and conquer techniques. All that still has nothing to do with the wording of the bill. Before you try to read between the lines, I suggest that you actually read what is actually written.

Cearbhall
07-01-2012, 4:08 PM
When do we start gathering signatures to recall Jerry Brown? We certainly have enough People. It's ultimately up to him, and you Know he's going to sign the bill.

shark92651
07-01-2012, 7:27 PM
This bill is worded so poorly that a Mini 14 and an uninstalled flash-hider somewhere in your possession would also be illegal, even if you had a .22 rimfire that you could also install that flash hider on.

raceraxe
07-02-2012, 9:50 AM
???????? I bet I have more firearms with mag locks than you do. Of course, the underlying concepts of this bill would affect me. But, as it is written now, it doesn't have a chance of becoming law. I've been around long enough to remember the cowboy shooters accepting the AWB once their guns were exempted. I remember all the hunters who didn't have a problem with the AWB. Yes, I remember the anti's divide and conquer techniques. All that still has nothing to do with the wording of the bill. Before you try to read between the lines, I suggest that you actually read what is actually written.

Whoa, didnt mean to upset you. I was just saying we should unite against any laws that tries to limit our bill of rights. Statements like "just go featureless" irritates me. Dont be angry, we are on the same side right?

mreed
07-02-2012, 10:38 AM
^ correct, even if you like featureless more, oppose this at all costs. we are all on the same side. we need to show them that they cannot just take away whatever they feel like whenever they feel like, as always, if they take this away, what is next? (There will ALWAYS be a next time.)

Quiet
07-02-2012, 10:47 AM
Featureless AR15 type rifle + possession of an AR15/M16 pistol grip or possession of a vertical forward grip = "assault weapon conversion kit".

Damiiaaannn
07-02-2012, 11:00 AM

Not if you build from 80% lowers.

someR1
07-02-2012, 11:04 AM
hope you guys wrote some letters.

hang on to ur nutz boyz....tomorrow is D-Day

shadowofnight
07-02-2012, 11:46 AM
hope you guys wrote some letters.

hang on to ur nutz boyz....tomorrow is D-Day

I will gladly unzip, and let the state of california get a big wet sloppy kiss on the lowest part of the sack...as I am not relinquishing anything I have legally purchased ...period.

I followed every one of their idiotic laws in either purchasing, or making/rebuilding what I own now...and let me tell you that was no easy feat.

Them passing a law that criminalizes me , someone who purchased everything legally...and has a perfectly clean record ...is going too far.

Everybody on this forum is always asking whats too far concerning how this nanny state is taking all of our rights, and turning this into a socialist regime instead of the republic I grew up in.

Looking at what they may consider " conversion kits " is sickening , the day I hurt someone maliciously not in the act of self defense or defense of my loved ones...take ALL of my weapons and punish me severely.

Until then, leave me the **** alone...and go concentrate on arresting and actually punishing real criminals.

donw
07-02-2012, 12:41 PM
^ correct, even if you like featureless more, oppose this at all costs. we are all on the same side. we need to show them that they cannot just take away whatever they feel like whenever they feel like, as always, if they take this away, what is next? (There will ALWAYS be a next time.)

bold, italic, underscored are my emphasis...

always has been, always will be...:(

laws are passed because they, the ones passing them, have the means to enforce them, if they lose that means, they lose effectiveness.

mreed
07-02-2012, 12:53 PM
The problem is society is brainwashed into thinking that we (gun owners) are the bad guys in the situation so no one sees a problem with bills like this :(

SURVIVOR619
07-02-2012, 1:28 PM
I've never been so concerned about the coming of July 3rd before... :no:

PEZHEAD265
07-02-2012, 3:36 PM
If you read the bill the receiver is [1] part the abilty to accept a mag any place besides the pistol grip is [2]any hand guard is [3].How do you build a feature less rifle????Yee is trying to put teeth in to the AWB that wasn't done in 2000.The last one on that list is any other part used on a assault rifle.Does that included things like slings,scopes,bipods,etc.etc.????

EricStanley
07-02-2012, 4:02 PM
Sent this email to each of the people on the committee:

SB249 is another step in the never-ending attack on our Constitutional right to bear arms. Stop the erosion of our freedoms and DO NOT PASS THIS BILL!!

Eric Stanley
Law-abiding citizen of the great State of California

UPDATE: GOT THIS RESPONSE FROM SKINNER:

THIS ACCOUNT NO LONGER RECEIVES E-MAIL.

Thank you for contacting AD14 Assemblymember Nancy Skinner. Due to the high volume of e-mails this is an automatic response to guide you so that your inquiry is directed appropriately.

If you live in AD 14 the best way to send e-mail communication is via Assemblymember Skinner’s website www.assembly.ca.gov/skinner . E-mails received through this website can be tracked by both the Capitol and District office and will help ensure that you receive the appropriate response or assistance.

If you reside outside of Alameda and Contra Costa County and want to contact your state representative, go to www.assembly.ca.gov and click “find my district.”

If you are interested in specific legislation and want to review that bill, check on its status, or read the bill analysis go to www.leginfo.ca.gov .

If you have a scheduling request, need assistance from Assemblymember Skinner’s office, or have a time sensitive issue, please contact Assemblymember Skinner's office directly: Capitol office 916 319 2014, District office 510-286-1400.

Thank you!

NANCY SKINNER
Assemblymember, 14th District

EDIT: RECEIVED THIS RESPONSE FROM HAGMAN:
Thank you for contacting my office to express your opposition to SB 249 which would, “commencing July 1, 2013 prohibit any person from importing, making, selling, loaning, transferring, or possessing any conversion kit designed solely and exclusively to convert certain firearms with a fixed magazine into firearms with the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and other features.”

As a State Assemblyman, please be assured that I strongly share in your opposition to this legislation and I voted against it when it reached the Assembly Rules Committee on June 18th, 2012. Unfortunately, it did pass and will now be referred to the Public Safety Committee, of which I am also a member. I will vote against SB 249 here too and will urge my colleagues to do the same.

I am a firm supporter of the Second Amendment which gives us the freedom and right to bear arms. It is outrageous that this kind of bill is even being considered. We need to focus our efforts on strengthening the economy and creating jobs, not punishing and regulating law abiding citizens.

I will not give up the fight to protect our basic rights. As always, I will continue to oppose and vote against any restrictive gun legislation.

I also encourage you to contact your local State Assembly representative to express your viewpoint on this issue.

Thank you for giving me this opportunity to serve you; it is my privilege.

Sincerely,

Assemblyman Curt Hagman
District 60

EDIT: RECEIVED THIS RESPONSE FROM HILL:
Thank you for contacting me. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to respond to your e-mail. In order to enable me to send you a responsive e-mail, please go to www.assembly.ca.gov/hill and click on “Contact Me”.
If you would like to schedule an appointment to meet with me or a member of my staff, or you would like to extend an invitation to attend an event, please e-mail Marina Gonzales at marina.gonzales@asm.ca.gov or telephone her at 916-319-2019.
If you are seeking assistance resolving an issue with a state government agency, please call my district office at 650-349-1900.
I am here to serve you.
Jerry Hill
Assemblymember, 19th District

EDIT: when I followed the above mentioned method (use his website to contact Hill) I got this:
Address is not in District.
Please contact your District Representative.

TwinStick
07-02-2012, 4:22 PM
Emails sent and petition signed from everyone in my family that is old enough. Cross your fingers, everyone! Worse bills have passed.

titleist16
07-02-2012, 5:15 PM
So if this bill passes it wont go into affect until a year from now. I can imagine that the sales and prices of AR and AK stuf are gonna go through the roof with everybody trying to buy before the ban takes affect. I'm sure Charleton Heston is rolling in his grave right now. "From my cold dead hands!!!!"

titleist16
07-02-2012, 7:19 PM
Does this law apply to only centerfire rifles? What if I buy a .22 converion for my AR would that be legal?

rogervzv
07-02-2012, 8:09 PM
I've emailed Yee and signed these petitions -- but did you think that with all our bragging about how we got around the AWB with the BB that they weren't going to try and find a way to f**K us? You saw what happened when we went too public about open carry -- wham! They tried to shut us down. We can't forget: Democrats HATE GUNS -- and by association gun owners. Everu election state, local, nationals we give them eats away at our freedoms. If you want Food Stamps more than freedom, vote for the dweeb with the D next to their name

+1 ... in your face activism does harm, not good.
Fight SB249. Call your Assemblyman and the people on the committee early tomorrow:
Assemblymember Tom Ammiano (916) 319-2013*
Assemblymember Curt Hagman (916) 319-2060*
Assemblymember Steve Knight (916) 319-2036*
Assemblymember Gilbert Cedillo (916) 319-2045*
Assemblymember Holly J. Mitchell (916) 319-2047*
Assemblymember Nancy Skinner (916) 319-2014*

TNP'R
07-02-2012, 8:14 PM
Tyranny so close to july 4th..

AlexDD
07-02-2012, 9:48 PM
EDIT: when I followed the above mentioned method (use his website to contact Hill) I got this:
Quote:
Address is not in District.
Please contact your District Representative."

Do not take that. Just go to his website. Find the cities that are in his district. Search for rent. Pick a general apartment address and then submit your comments.

Express your freedom of speech. I could find nothing in the terms of conditions that I was swearing under the penalty of perjury.

Besides, they are passing a law for all of California, not just their district.

:43::43::43:

This is politics after all.

docsmileyface
07-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Tyranny so close to july 4th..

this needs to be a meme spread around the internet NOW

Maximusmax51
07-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Is there any word on how much support there is for 249? Seems like a backdoor breech that only us gun owners would be aware of.

drifter2be
07-02-2012, 11:04 PM
So if this bill passes it wont go into affect until a year from now. I can imagine that the sales and prices of AR and AK stuf are gonna go through the roof with everybody trying to buy before the ban takes affect. I'm sure Charleton Heston is rolling in his grave right now. "From my cold dead hands!!!!"

No, if this bill passes I can imagine that the number of people leaving this asinine state is going to go through the roof, and I will be one of them. This law is my line in the sand, and I said it when the discussions first came up. I cannot and will not continue to live in, support the economy of, or pay taxes to a state that wants to waste all of its time taking away my rights while constantly giving freebies to people who are here illegally. This state is dead, and while I planned on moving away from here eventually regardless of the anti-gun legislation, this is definitely kicking me into "get the hell out of dodge" mode.

I'm sure someone will be in shortly to flame me about "running away from the fight" but I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks this state is a lost cause at this point, I'm more than happy to continue supporting CGF CPRA and NRA to continue the fight for sanity here, but I don't want to start a family in this libtard run commie paradise.

I'm tired of this state constantly trying to turn law-abiding citizens into criminals, while letting real criminals roam free. Not a day goes by that a small part of me wishes I had moved to North Carolina with my family 6 years ago.

drifter2be
07-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Is there any word on how much support there is for 249? Seems like a backdoor breech that only us gun owners would be aware of.

According to this: http://stopsb249.org/sb-249-public-safety-committee-analysis/
The bill has no registered supporters, but a nice long list of registered opposition.

SgtMerc
07-02-2012, 11:37 PM
Assembly Members,
My name is C.L.Merc____. I am writing this in order to inform you of my opposition to SB249. As a Marine Corps Veteran who has served multiple tours overseas, I find it insulting that Senator Yee doesn't believe I am trustworthy enough to own a civilian rifle that complies with the CA Department of Justice regulations for firearms. Sen. Yee's bill is intended to disarm the population and is clearly in violation of our 2nd Amendment Rights. The Senator would have you believe that the "bullet button" is intended to circumvent the law, when in fact it was invented in order to comply with the law, to the letter.
I do not support Senator Yee or his actions.
I stand the NRA and Calguns Foundation in opposing Leland Yee's gun control bill SB249. Not one more inch!
Respectfully submitted,
C L Merc____
Sergeant, USMC
Pinole, California

I sent the above email to each of the assembly members. Got auto-replies from Nancy Skinner and Jerry Hill.

Copy&Pasted the above info into the comment boxes for each of the members, and was only able to submit one because my address didn't belong in any of the other districts.

And good luck to those in the districts with defunct websites.

Kappy
07-02-2012, 11:56 PM
I just emailed my senator and assemblyman... again... they didn't respond to my first email, so who knows if they will this one?

This can easily pass the committee. All you need to know is the chair and 4 of the 6 on the committee are Democrats.

goodlookin1
07-03-2012, 7:43 AM
You guys are funny.

So much ado about nothing. SB249 has no teeth, people. Your bullet button will not be banned. Your features will not be banned when using a bullet button. We should only seek to kill this bill because we dont need anymore useless law.....especially when it does nothing.

:lurk5:

kcjr1125
07-03-2012, 8:30 AM
signed petition and sent emails!

HK Dave
07-03-2012, 8:37 AM
So when it comes time to vote on this bill and there is ZERO support... does that mean Yee will resign and never run for public office again out of embarrassment for being mentally retarded?

someR1
07-03-2012, 8:48 AM
Yee can shove a "conversion kit" up his butthole for all I care.

This bill will NOT pass. And if it does, the officials will have one hell of a time collections 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 BBs :D

CSACANNONEER
07-03-2012, 10:44 AM
Whoa, didnt mean to upset you. I was just saying we should unite against any laws that tries to limit our bill of rights. Statements like "just go featureless" irritates me. Dont be angry, we are on the same side right?

We're on the same side. You do realize the featureless comments are typically made because, so many newer OLL shooters don't even realize the option exists. Besides that, featureless guns would scare the anti's even more than mag locked guns do IF they actually understood the laws.

HK Dave
07-03-2012, 10:49 AM
Wow... measure passed... goes to the next stage.

;/

r8dr rider
07-03-2012, 11:17 AM
So now what?

ohnozombeez
07-03-2012, 11:24 AM
So now what?

I was gonna ask the same thing.

ICONIC
07-03-2012, 11:30 AM
So when it comes time to vote on this bill and there is ZERO support... does that mean Yee will resign and never run for public office again out of embarrassment for being mentally retarded?

Please do not lump Yee with those with Intellectual disabilities. They have a lot more common sense than Yee ever will.

The bill still has to jump past appropriations, the house and then get passed ol' moon beam.

So at least three more hurddles (at least I may be missing a step).

HK Dave
07-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Please do not lump Yee with those with Intellectual disabilities. They have a lot more common sense than Yee ever will.

The bill still has to jump past appropriations, the house and then get passed ol' moon beam.

So at least three more hurddles (at least I may be missing a step).

ROFL, my apologies... yes I've met disabled folks with more common sense than Yee.

Yes, it still has a few steps to go... but just the fact that it passed stage one tells you there is something vastly wrong with our system.

X-NewYawker
07-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Again: These people hate guns and us, and we put a big target on our backs by bragging (mostly on this sight) many times how we "fooled them" (which I always discouraged.) They don't want us to have "machine guns" because their ultimate goal is to tax up 100% and GIVE US back housing, food, a GM car, etc., They can't do that if we can fight back. This is a long range game for them. They told us what we had to do so our guns WEREN'T Assault rifles, and then just told us that they were. See how few new guns get on the DOJ approved handgun list? They Dream is NO GUNS in america and they try all this **** out HERE first.

BTW, if this does go forward and Jerry Moonbeam signs it, forget this "grandfather" stuff. read:

"This bill would, commencing July 1, 2013, and with certain exceptions, prohibit any person from importing, making, selling, loaning, transferring, or possessing any conversion kit, as defined, designed solely and exclusively to convert certain firearms with a fixed magazine into firearms with the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and other features making the firearm an assault weapon and would make violations subject to criminal penalties. By creating new crimes, this bill would impose a state-mandated local program.
Existing law makes possession of an assault weapon a public nuisance, authorizes the Attorney General, district attorney, or city attorney to bring a civil action to enjoin possession of the weapon, authorizes imposition of a civil fine, and, with certain exceptions, requires disposition of the weapon by sale at public auction or by destruction.
This bill would, commencing July 1, 2013, make possession of a conversion kit a public nuisance, would authorize a civil action to enjoin possession of a conversion kit, would authorize imposition of a civil fine, and, with certain exceptions, would, similarly, require disposition of the conversion kit.
Existing law authorizes a person to arrange in advance to relinquish an assault weapon to a police or sheriff’s department.
This bill would authorize a person to arrange in advance to relinquish a conversion kit to a police or sheriff’s department."

Doesn't sound like they're gonna let us keep our BB guns -- if this passes -- and Turner Ads for ARs and the flood of legitimate manufacturers (LMT, ARMALITE, COLT) selling their stuff here now didn't help either.

These people (Democrats) are AFRAID of FREE PEOPLE.
Free People own GUNS.

X-NewYawker
07-03-2012, 12:37 PM
Then, of course, we could all go featureless, and as pointed out above, scare them into ANOTHER Bill. Send Emails and letters, Fight this, but we have MAJORITIES of Democrats in Sacramento because 1/3 of this State is on Food Stamps (literally) and they just want those bennies coming in.

asketes
07-03-2012, 12:38 PM
The email I sent a few minutes ago:
~~~

Senator Yee,

It seems all I hear about now is Anti-America rhetoric and how weapon possessions are Anti-America or that possessing a weapon is a public nuisance. It seems that a lot of people in America hate America and the freedoms we once possessed. It seems all you politicians do is sit around making stuff up and enjoy that fat salary & pension you get. Instead of being subjective, why does no one in the powerful position that you posses care about being objective and actually caring.

Can you honestly tell me that you think normal Americans are going to abuse weapons? These types of bills hurt law abiding citizens, not cartel members, gang bangers, drug dealers, or other violent criminals who are already unable to purchase a weapon legally.

For those of us that enjoy the sport, it is just that. We harm no one, we shoot at fake targets and it's generally considered a well rounded sport. Look at the Boy Scouts of America program, I learned to shoot as a Cub Scout; it's a great tradition. Can you tell me that learning the care it takes to shoot a weapon, to learn the caution and responsibility behind it, to cultivate the understanding and wisdom of what pulling a trigger means, that none of that matters? What would you have us do? It seems, according to people with similar beliefs as yourself, want to rid the whole world of guns. Does it not seem right that those using them correctly are much more in the right than the people senselessly killing those across the world? We take aim at a lifeless paper target yet you consider that a public nuisance. Why?

I'm not sure I'll receive a real response from a real person but it sure would be nice to hear back from you.

Respect & Regards
-Robert Duncan

r8dr rider
07-03-2012, 12:52 PM
So it looks like were back to top loading ARs

Abra Philippines
07-03-2012, 1:00 PM
So it looks like were back to top loading ARs

Time for me to pay a visit to the gunsmith in the Santa Cruz Mountains and have him PERMANENTLY AFFIX all my ARs with 10 round magazines. :mad:

SuperSet
07-03-2012, 1:13 PM
Guys, please track everything SB249 related in the 2A thread. This is not law yet and there's still time so please stop spreading misinformation about top loading ARs again. This is not your local gun shop, this is Calguns. We actually state correct information here.

ICONIC
07-03-2012, 2:01 PM
This bill has to jump through several more hurdles before even seeing the light of day. The sky is not falling, yet. Keep putting pressure on the elected officals, let them know you are aware and you will be voting. We do this to enough of them, the tide will turn.

someR1
07-03-2012, 2:08 PM
This bill has to jump through several more hurdles before even seeing the light of day. The sky is not falling, yet. Keep putting pressure on the elected officals, let them know you are aware and you will be voting. We do this to enough of them, the tide will turn.

damn straight ! It's not over til it's over !!!

KEEP EMAILING, CALLING, WRITING !!!!

WE CAN ALL MAKE A DIFFERENCE !!!

jonc
07-03-2012, 2:31 PM
KEEP EMAILING, CALLING, WRITING !!!!

WE CAN ALL MAKE A DIFFERENCE !!!

Librarian
07-03-2012, 3:02 PM
Discussion in the 2A forum, please.