PDA

View Full Version : ammo shipping?

Cobra71
06-30-2012, 9:54 PM
Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone had any trouble getting ammo shipped to Murrieta zip code 92562?

I am going to order 200 rounds of 5.56 and want to be sure it will get here.
I know some guys had issues getting some shipped to them recently but not around my area.

I am going on 3 hours of my 10 day wait for my S&W M&P15 sport.

Thanks for the help everyone!

--C71

Mongoblack23
06-30-2012, 10:42 PM
wont be a problem. id order more than 200 round though, save on shipping and your gonna want it :D

motogenius
06-30-2012, 10:44 PM
+1 .... 200 rounds would last me 2 trips to the range being as conservative as possible. 500 rounds is the minimum I would purchase...unless your sourcing it locally for a last minute session.

chunker
07-01-2012, 2:35 AM
I could go through 200 rounds in one trip easy...

Cobra71
07-01-2012, 6:30 AM
yeah I could prolly burn through 200 fast but I figure that since this is my first time out with the new gun,
I am going take it slow and enjoy our time together. Don't want to rush into things or abuse her at all.

Should have alot of fun together that first day :)

tanakasan
07-01-2012, 7:58 AM
Congrats on the new rifle! May the wait pass quickly!

You will want (need?!) more ammo as soon as you return from the range!

Robert

marher
07-01-2012, 8:08 AM
I'd recommend two (2) online sites where you can verify if your zip code can have ammunition shipped to that area.
1. CheaperThanDirt.com
2. LuckyGunner.com

Others members will have their opinion for online ammo sites (bulk ammo, ammo bros, etc), but after comparing cost, shipping & selection, I use these two the most (I do use others depending upon the selection & specific round I'm looking for = FMJ, JHP, etc).

Agent 0range
07-01-2012, 8:09 AM
Congrats on the new rifle! Unless you're getting free shipping, I'm not sure it would be worth ordering only 200 rounds online. I'd say 500 minimum, 1k even better. You'll definitely want to feed that new rifle a lot, so why not buy bulk?

CSACANNONEER
07-01-2012, 8:13 AM
I'd recommend two (2) online sites where you can verify if your zip code can have ammunition shipped to that area.
1. CheaperThanDirt.com
2. LuckyGunner.com

Others members will have their opinion for online ammo sites (bulk ammo, ammo bros, etc), but after comparing cost, shipping & selection, I use these two the most (I do use others depending upon the selection & specific round I'm looking for = FMJ, JHP, etc).

Those sites spread pure FUD! Just because THEY choose not to ship certain items to certain destinations, it does NOT mean that it is illegal to do so.

Please, do not buy ANYTHING from CTD or Sortsman's Guide. Both have very anti CA 2A policies. Why anyone would support them is beyond me. Is saving a couple bucks really worth supporting a company that is actively spreading miss information and keeping others from sending perfectly legal products to CA?

Mongoblack23
07-01-2012, 2:57 PM
200 rounds isnt abuse, its barely a warm up.... the minute you pull the trigger, those 200 rounds will just dissapear. and if i can recommend a site, JGsales.com seems to have really good prices and minimal shipping costs... and i second not buying from cheaper than dirt or sportsmans guide. its worth a couple dollars more to support a company that supports us. DO NOT buy from cheaper than dirt or Sportsman guide.

Cobra71
07-01-2012, 8:13 PM
OK so I am looking at prices on ammo on various sites and I just noticed that some list 5.56mm and 5.56 NATO.

Everything I found through google seemed to make these out as the same round.

True or false?

--C71

Mongoblack23
07-01-2012, 8:35 PM
true. 5.56x45mm is 556 nato