PDA

View Full Version : Question about my m&p 15 sport

esiegel91
06-30-2012, 1:55 PM
Ok so I am looking to upgrade my m&p AR with magpul accessories but I've noticed some parts are for certain types of AR's my question is where can I find parts for my AR and what do I look for to know it goes on my gun...sorry for the noob question...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

KaLiFORNIA
06-30-2012, 4:56 PM
What are you looking to upgrade? Im guessing stock ? The forearm, mags, and sights are universal. There are two types of stocks, to fit onto two different buffers. Commercial and mil spec. From my understanding the m&p sport has a mil spec buffer so you would need a mil spec stock. An easy way to tell what buffer you have is to take off your current stock, of the buffer is straight (90`) it is mil spec. If there is an angle its commercial. Hope this helps, we well newbs at one point! Pm me if you have any more questions

Mossy Man
06-30-2012, 5:22 PM
confirmed, M&P15 sport is milspec. at least mine and my friends are

esiegel91
06-30-2012, 6:30 PM
What are you looking to upgrade? Im guessing stock ? The forearm, mags, and sights are universal. There are two types of stocks, to fit onto two different buffers. Commercial and mil spec. From my understanding the m&p sport has a mil spec buffer so you would need a mil spec stock. An easy way to tell what buffer you have is to take off your current stock, of the buffer is straight (90`) it is mil spec. If there is an angle its commercial. Hope this helps, we well newbs at one point! Pm me if you have any more questions

Thanks guys and ya I was referring to stock, grip, and handguards basically all furniture

motogenius
06-30-2012, 8:32 PM
My mp15 OR (optics ready) came with a commercial spec buffer tube. I learned this the hard way after buying the mil spec ctr stock, then having to invest more money into the buffer. I actually sourced a buffer tube from a gun show then found out I wasn't able to lock back the action due to it being too short. Then had to wait another 2 weeks for the correct buffer tube. Couldn't find one locally anywhere.

I don't know how the sport model is... But I'd double check first! It'll save you a lot of headache and waiting.

Mossy Man
06-30-2012, 8:38 PM
My mp15 OR (optics ready) came with a commercial spec buffer tube. I learned this the hard way after buying the mil spec ctr stock, then having to invest more money into the buffer. I actually sourced a buffer tube from a gun show then found out I wasn't able to lock back the action due to it being too short. Then had to wait another 2 weeks for the correct buffer tube. Couldn't find one locally anywhere.

I don't know how the sport model is... But I'd double check first! It'll save you a lot of headache and waiting.

it's milspec - i have the sport and so does my best friend.

you'd think they'd be the same, but then again the sport has a 1:8 5R rifling upper whereas the regular M&P15's are 1:9 so

calishine
06-30-2012, 8:41 PM
too many qualities retailers to list to get these items

I would start with the calgun vendors list is at the top of the screen

if you're in southern california and want to do a face to face purchase try turners outdoorsman

in regards to gear selection you got some good advice so far in this thread

esiegel91
06-30-2012, 9:12 PM
too many qualities retailers to list to get these items

I would start with the calgun vendors list is at the top of the screen

if you're in southern california and want to do a face to face purchase try turners outdoorsman

in regards to gear selection you got some good advice so far in this thread

I agree...ill do some more research just to be sure...and ill definetly check out our vendors first...I have yet to go to turners yet I'm out in Riverside but I'm sure ill make it there eventually...do our vendors give a discount for being members here or something?

feelgood
06-30-2012, 9:14 PM
i did upgrades to my sport..everything worked and still working...all magpul and no other brand yet...

Mossy Man
06-30-2012, 9:24 PM
some places i've bought from are riflegear, exilemachine, and golden state tactical.

going the featureless route soon and my parts should hit the mailbox on monday

gibbygoo
07-01-2012, 6:46 PM
Here's mine. Yes, milspec.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2958067/m-223.jpg

Lexustech48
07-01-2012, 8:03 PM
Love my MP15! Rifle looks very sweet in FDE.

EddieEd
07-01-2012, 8:22 PM
Here's mine. Yes, milspec.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2958067/m-223.jpg

That what Iím looking to do with mine, but in OD.
Just picked up my M&P 15 sport this weekend and I got to say I was impressed. Right out the box I put 2 mags of rds in the 6in circle at 50meter iron sights.
This gun is more accurate then me. :D

Was it easy changing out the stock?

Mossy Man
07-01-2012, 8:48 PM
guess i'll push pics of my FDE M&P 15 Sport too!

http://i.imgur.com/marud.jpg?

http://i.imgur.com/eamaX.jpg?1

If you changed out your stock, handguards, and grip, it should take you about 10 minutes max.

she'll be featureless by the end of next week. Going to pin the stock, get a hammerhead and a thread protector.

If the hammerhead doesn't feel right, I might go for the kydex solar tactical wraps for my MOE grip.

gibbygoo
07-02-2012, 6:15 PM
Was it easy changing out the stock?

That's the easiest part.

JBaus
07-02-2012, 6:22 PM
awesome thread as I am looking to get a M&P Sport after I upgrade my WASR.

EddieEd
07-02-2012, 8:16 PM
That's the easiest part.

Did you have to change the Buffer Tube or do you keep the one that came with the M&P 15?
Wasn't sure if you have to unscrew the tube and put in a new one or just but the plastics stock over the tube.
Was wondering because they sell them with or without the buffer tube.
I didn't see anyway to unscrew the M4 plastics cover from the back of the stock.

jdogg2000
07-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Did you have to change the Buffer Tube or do you keep the one that came with the M&P 15?
Wasn't sure if you have to unscrew the tube and put in a new one or just but the plastics stock over the tube.
Was wondering because they sell them with or without the buffer tube.
I didn't see anyway to unscrew the M4 plastics cover from the back of the stock.

Slide off old stock, slide on new one. Done. Make sure you get a mil spec stock.

Sbasham
07-02-2012, 10:22 PM
http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r640/Sbasham/Stag_Arms_Carbine_Stock_AR_15.png
Same thing to put the new one on.

EddieEd
07-03-2012, 8:29 AM
http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r640/Sbasham/Stag_Arms_Carbine_Stock_AR_15.png
Same thing to put the new one on.

Thx, didn't know it was that easy :D

StraightShot04
07-03-2012, 9:02 AM
Hey Mossy Man, what sight and sling is that?

jsipe007
07-03-2012, 9:31 AM
Why don't you just slide off the stock and measure the buffer tube diameter? Then you will know for sure what buffer tube your M&P Sport has.

InkHammer
07-03-2012, 7:54 PM
Why don't you just slide off the stock and measure the buffer tube diameter? Then you will know for sure what buffer tube your M&P Sport has.

It for sure, 100% has a mil spec buffer tube! Also, the delta ring was easier to push down than any AR I have molested, making changing out your hand guards easy peasy. OP: I would check out the magpul STR stock, it is awesome and has a great cheek weld.

InkHammer
07-03-2012, 7:58 PM
Hey Mossy Man, what sight and sling is that?

Clearly I am not Mossy Man lol, but that is an Aimpoint comp M2. I have one too, they rock! Sling? Oh, I am not Mossy Man...

Mossy Man
07-03-2012, 8:01 PM
Clearly I am not Mossy Man lol, but that is an Aimpoint comp M2. I have one too, they rock! Sling? Oh, I am not Mossy Man...

close, i wish it was an aimpoint comp m2

it's a primary arms clone i got for $100. works very well for my purposes and was reasonably priced for an inexpensive rifle.

The sling is a spectergear 2point tac sling, click the spectergear link on the sponsor bar on top

InkHammer
07-03-2012, 8:21 PM
close, i wish it was an aimpoint comp m2

it's a primary arms clone i got for $100. works very well for my purposes and was reasonably priced for an inexpensive rifle.

The sling is a spectergear 2point tac sling, click the spectergear link on the sponsor bar on top

Wait... What?! That ain't right man, that just ain't right! Lol, just kidding. Looks like it does the job. I probably wouldn't have the Aimpoint myself but an Army friend gave me a great deal. Does the primary arms have a good battery life? God I love my S&W! I need to get her out for a spin soon. Just got a bipod and want to start testing my limits instead of blasting steel targets willy nilly, although that Is fun. I am thinking of getting a 3x magnifier soon, maybe a vortex.

Mossy Man
07-03-2012, 8:22 PM
i can't say for sure, but i have used it on one two-hour range session with it on full time, and i left it on max all night having forgotten about it until the next morning.

it still is bright right now.