PDA

View Full Version : HK94 - CA94 Out of State Transfer

afx
06-29-2012, 1:38 PM
I just Purchased 9mm HK94 / CA94 clone rifle out of state and my local FFL is refusing to DROS , he is saying gun does not have bullet button. I asked him if he is willing to put bullet button kit before dros'ing me but he is saying bullet button should be installed before rifle comes into state. Is that true? So i really need to ship the rifle out of state , get the BB installed and ship back here? :mad:

BajaJames83
06-29-2012, 1:42 PM
I recently did something similar. if you had the reciever sent to the ffl and the rest of the parts to you it would of been fine. then before you assemble the rifle you but a bullet button on or make it featureless.
btw the mp5 clones are horrible with bullet buttons you almost need 3 hands. but they make great featureless builds with a grip wrap.

Gryff
06-29-2012, 1:59 PM
I just Purchased 9mm HK94 / CA94 clone rifle out of state and my local FFL is refusing to DROS , he is saying gun does not have bullet button. I asked him if he is willing to put bullet button kit before dros'ing me but he is saying bullet button should be installed before rifle comes into state. Is that true? So i really need to ship the rifle out of state , get the BB installed and ship back here? :mad:

Others will chime in, but I believe that your California dealer has to have an assault weapon permit to be able to do the work you want.

I can't remember who the dealer is, but there was somebody here on CGN out of the midwest (Michigan?) who would act as a third party and do the conversion for you.

fighterpilot562
06-29-2012, 2:17 PM
Ya seems about right, like said above, have it parted, shipped, install BB then go on from there.

jpm804
06-29-2012, 2:18 PM
I just picked up my HK94 clone and it was shipped to my FFL in a featureless configuration and no bullet button so that is one other option.

seainc
06-29-2012, 2:25 PM
1. Does Riflegear or OC Armary near you? us them instead.
2. Ask seller to ship ONLY the upper/receiver to your FFL and ship lower, BCG, stock and rest of parts to you directly. Of cause you need to pay for second shipment.
3. Receiver alone can be DROS without BB.

ACRfan
06-29-2012, 2:50 PM
Take the gun apart, dros the receiver with serial number, while waiting 10days install a Bb

jpm804
06-30-2012, 2:05 AM
Take the gun apart, dros the receiver with serial number, while waiting 10days install a Bb

I think the magazine release is on the upper which has the serial number on it... so his FFL would have to install the BB for him or he can put a featureless grip wrap on the lower and then assemble it for pickup.