PDA

View Full Version : CAI Polish AKMS vs. CAI Yugo M70AB2T

marcopolo650
06-29-2012, 10:57 AM
Guys, I'm planing on purchasing yet another AK so I have a choice of buying one of these two fine looking rifles. I know that the original M70AB2 was a great rifle but the new one "T" is made with a US 1mm receiver (unknown to who makes the receiver) and a US made non-Chrome lined barrel. Compared to the Polish AKMS with a NODAK Spud 1.5mm to 1.6mm arguably the best US made receiver and the same US made non-Chrome lined barrel. Well, which one should I go for? thanks allot guys

chead
06-29-2012, 11:46 AM
The Polish AKMS has a 1mm receiver. I have one, it's a very nice AK.

Mamluke
06-29-2012, 1:36 PM
I have the Polish AKMS, absolutely love and won't mind getting another ...

moulton
06-29-2012, 1:39 PM
I have the Polish AKMS, absolutely love and won't mind getting another ...

+1 I built my Polish AKMS and love it, the length is perfect and it is alot lighter than I imagined. I cant wait to move back up to Idaho and remove my bullet button and collapsible stock lock :D.

marcopolo650
06-29-2012, 1:46 PM
Thanks allot guys for all the feedback and info

jpm804
06-29-2012, 3:17 PM
Just picked up a CAI Polish AKMS and it ran flawless two weeks ago on its maiden trip out. First Century rfile and I was satisfied.

chead
06-29-2012, 3:54 PM
+1 I built my Polish AKMS and love it, the length is perfect and it is alot lighter than I imagined. I cant wait to move back up to Idaho and remove my bullet button and collapsible stock lock :D.

I think it's one of the lightest you can get in a stock configuration. Maybe only the AMD is lighter as an SBR and without the big brake.