PDA

View Full Version : Who said AK's aren't accurate??

Uncle Jess
06-29-2012, 7:53 AM
Romy G AKM on NDS-3 receiver, Iron sights, 50 yds, Wolf fmj, Metcalf range SJ. I'll try 5 shot groups later. I just purchased a sight tool and this was the result after making adjustments. (posted in Rifles Gallery already but thought I'd post it here too.)

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j109/unclejess/P1130057.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j109/unclejess/P1130074.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j109/unclejess/P1130172.jpg

CSACANNONEER
06-29-2012, 7:57 AM
No one has ever claimed AKs are not "accurate". They are not "precision" rifles though. Even your groups prove that their precision is lacking. It looks like you're shooting about 2moa or a little more. That's not "precise" in my book.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p43/csacannoneer/accuracy_vs_precision_556.jpg

Sniper3142
06-29-2012, 7:58 AM
That group looks like its about 2 or 3 MOA in size.

A good AR15 with a good shooter behind it can put 3 rounds into the same hole at that distance.

So to answer your question; I guess it would be YOU who's saying AK's aren't accurate. ;)

Omega13device
06-29-2012, 7:59 AM
3-shot groups are statistically meaningless. If you want to see how your rifle really performs, shoot 10-shot groups. Also helps to use a rear bag to take your body movement out of the equation as much as possible.

Uncle Jess
06-29-2012, 8:02 AM
LOL guys, It's just the best I've shot with it thus far. I was merely referring to people that say you can't hit the broadside of a barn with em. Thanks for looking. I'll take 2 or 3 MOA................ for now.

Timbob55
06-29-2012, 8:06 AM
Hey, what they lack in accuracy/precision they make up for in reliability!

My M&P is precise and accurate, but still malfunctions from time to time.

My two AK's have yet to malfunction on me.

Army
06-29-2012, 9:11 AM
A head shot is accurate. All shots through one eye is precision.

CSACANNONEER
06-29-2012, 9:16 AM
That group looks like its about 2 or 3 MOA in size.

A good AR15 with a good shooter behind it can put 3 rounds into the same hole at that distance.

So to answer your question; I guess it would be YOU who's saying AK's aren't accurate. ;)

LOL, even with a user name which includes "Sniper" and a picture of the difference between "precision" and "accurate" posted right above your post, you still can't comprehend that his AK is ACCURATE. Notice that his POIs are centered around his POA? That is all that "accurate" means. Putting rounds through the same hole is a sign of "PRECISION" and has NOTHING TO DO WITH ACCURACY.

sd_shooter
06-29-2012, 9:20 AM
Cut him some slack! Those groups are pretty good. And they were shot with Wolf! Give him some hand loaded ammo and watch the groups shrink.

How many AR shooters who manage 1 MOA shoot Wolf? My bet: NONE

And he shot with the crappy AK iron sights. A fair comparison would be this:
- AK with Wolf, 4x power fixed scope or red dot
- AR with Wolf, Same Optic as above

Or some fancy ammo if the AR owner is afraid his gun won't cycle. :1eye: In any case, the ammo should be the same as much as possible.

chead
06-29-2012, 9:26 AM
That is some good shooting, seriously. Especially with Wolf! Also, lots of talk about how ARs can shoot 1 MOA, and not a lot of folks claiming THEY can shoot 1 MOA with THEIR ARs..

The Virus
06-29-2012, 9:35 AM
Thread proves its own point

gmcal
06-29-2012, 9:50 AM
When you listen to people that know what they're talking about you won't hear AK's are not accurate, just like you won't hear AR's are not reliable. So my guess would be haters/other rifles fanboi's.

Cobrafreak
06-29-2012, 10:55 AM
When its dark and cold and bullets are whizzing past your head and grenades are flying, extreme accuracy is the last thing you are going to want. This is an over the top example, but you get the idea. A rifle that saves your butt is one that is always going to work no matter what. I have an AR, and an AK. If war starts down the street from me guess which one i'm grabbing?

metalliman545
06-29-2012, 11:58 AM
That's 50 yards. Check out how much that group opens up at 100, then 200 and finally 300.

SoCal1
06-29-2012, 12:01 PM
My AK has M.O.M. accuracy at 300 yards. Minute of man, that's accurate enough for a battle rifle.

AfghanVetOrcutt
06-29-2012, 12:57 PM
SOCAL1 : "My AK has M.O.M. accuracy at 300 yards. Minute of man, that's accurate enough for a battle rifle."

^^ What he said.

Sniper3142
LOL, even with a user name which includes "Sniper" and a picture of the difference between "precision" and "accurate" posted right above your post, you still can't comprehend that his AK is ACCURATE. Notice that his POIs are centered around his POA? That is all that "accurate" means. Putting rounds through the same hole is a sign of "PRECISION" and has NOTHING TO DO WITH ACCURACY.

I didn't see your post since I posted at almost the same time.

You are correct, or rather that series of pictures is correct in defining accuracy vs. precision.

:D

dunwitjayz
http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q606/dunwitjayz/Snapbucket/30741970.jpg

How's tht grouping ? Proly about 20 rounds @ 100 yards with my eotech !!!

Dont_Shoot_im_Chinese
06-29-2012, 1:01 PM
Impressive

gose
06-29-2012, 1:07 PM
Cut him some slack! Those groups are pretty good. And they were shot with Wolf! Give him some hand loaded ammo and watch the groups shrink.
How many AR shooters who manage 1 MOA shoot Wolf? My bet: NONE
And he shot with the crappy AK iron sights. A fair comparison would be this:
- AK with Wolf, 4x power fixed scope or red dot
- AR with Wolf, Same Optic as above
Or some fancy ammo if the AR owner is afraid his gun won't cycle. :1eye: In any case, the ammo should be the same as much as possible.

Its a 3-shot group, which is statistically meaningless. Give me some time and a case of Wolf .223 and I'll "prove" to you that my AR shoots 0.5 MOA or better with Wolf and iron sights...

Speedpower
06-29-2012, 1:37 PM
AK's are battle rifles not precision competition rifles! so Accurate not precise is good!

dre147
06-29-2012, 1:37 PM
nice shooting man

Dhena81
06-29-2012, 1:39 PM
Tagged

I've never heard any of these arguments before :D

CSACANNONEER
06-29-2012, 1:40 PM
I didn't see your post since I posted at almost the same time.

You are correct, or rather that series of pictures is correct in defining accuracy vs. precision.

:D
My bad. I didn't pay attention to the time stamp. Sorry
http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q606/dunwitjayz/Snapbucket/30741970.jpg

How's tht grouping ? Proly about 20 rounds @ 100 yards with my eotech !!!

How's your grouping? It looks like about 5-7 moa to me. That's not something I'd be bragging about. But, it is about what I'd expect from an unsupported AK with surplus ammo and iron sites.

dunwitjayz
06-29-2012, 2:07 PM
My bad. I didn't pay attention to the time stamp. Sorry

How's your grouping? It looks like about 5-7 moa to me. That's not something I'd be bragging about. But, it is about what I'd expect from an unsupported AK with surplus ammo and iron sites.

Show me better !!!

someR1
06-29-2012, 2:24 PM

+1 You guys are arguing for no reason. Why not some compliments ?

:)

gose
06-29-2012, 2:26 PM
+1 You guys are arguing for no reason. Why not some compliments ?
:)

Because they groups weren't that good?

CSACANNONEER
06-29-2012, 2:46 PM
Show me better !!!

I've never wasted my time shooting AKs for precision. That's not what mine are for. If you want to see pictures of some of my documented groups at 1000 yards, I can try to find some pictures of my 5-7" groups shot during matches. At my last 1000 yard match I averaged under 1 moa over the two day match. This is recorded data not just unsubstatiated claim s.

dunwitjayz
06-29-2012, 2:50 PM
I've never wasted my time shooting AKs for precision. That's not what mine are for. If you want to see pictures of some of my documented groups at 1000 yards, I can try to find some pictures of my 5-7" groups shot during matches. At my last 1000 yard match I averaged under 1 moa over the two day match. This is recorded data not just unsubstatiated claim s.

That what I thought ! Put up or shut up !!!!

CSACANNONEER
06-29-2012, 3:06 PM
That what I thought ! Put up or shut up !!!!

Again, 5-7 moa is not something I'd brag about with any gun at any distance let alone shooting short ranges like 100 yards using optics.

If you're up for an AK shoot off, I'm willing to meet you half way. SLO or Coalinga come to mind.

CSACANNONEER
06-29-2012, 3:40 PM
SLO or Coalinga?

Again, your shooting isn't bad. I said it is what I'd expect to see with iron sites. I don't know why you're so butt hurt. I've never seen anyone try to defend their big groups the way you're shooting.

dunwitjayz
06-29-2012, 3:43 PM
SLO or Coalinga?

Again, your shooting isn't bad. I said it is what I'd expect to see with iron sites. I don't know why you're so butt hurt. I've never seen anyone try to defend their big groups the way you're shooting.

I like that tone alil better , thank you ! It's just an ak , haha you should see what I do with my ar10 . if your ever in the bay area I'd be down for a matchup

SURVIVOR619
06-29-2012, 3:48 PM
Wow... This dood is really talkin ish?!?! 100 yards 5-7 MOA vs 1000 yards under 1 MOA...

:troll:

dunwitjayz
06-29-2012, 3:56 PM
No no ... I was simply adding one of my pics , other people started talkin **** , so what am I to do just take it like whore on pay day ??? No thanks bro

Kestryll
06-29-2012, 4:01 PM
Like I said before , show me better !!!

How about I show you to the door?

Here's some tips to help you make it through today:

A) Learn to talk like a real grown up.

B) Dump the attitude and smartassed remarks.

C) Knock off the juvenile trolling and taunting.

D) Learn to talk like a real grown up.

cortayack
06-29-2012, 4:05 PM
I can do that all day with my AK without the sand bags......Not trying to talk sh*t, even tho it sounds like it........:devil2:

doc1buc
welcome to CALGUNS!

dunwitjayz

Just mind your own business , we're just chit chatting ! Just because you hear some ruckus doesn't mean there's anythig brewing . We're about to setup a shoot out ! You can join us if you feel your any better

CSACANNONEER
06-29-2012, 4:06 PM
Wow... This dood is really talkin ish?!?! 100 yards 5-7 MOA vs 1000 yards under 1 MOA...

:troll:

It's really apples and oranges though. His shooting an AK with imported cheap ammo isn't bad for what it is. But, it isn't great or even good for precision shooting. He asked how his grouping was and then got offended when I gave him my opinion.

I like that tone alil better , thank you ! It's just an ak , haha you should see what I do with my ar10 . if your ever in the bay area I'd be down for a matchup

I grew up on the Penisula and my parents still live there. So, someday I might get a chance to spend enough time up there to get to a non trap range. In the mean time, if you ever want to take me up on the challenge and meet half way, I'm up for it. Coalinga would be my first choice since, I'm a member there, camping is cheap and, I'd spend some time shooting clay pigeons at 1000 yards while I'm there.

Kestryll
06-29-2012, 4:08 PM
Just mind your own business , we're just chit chatting ! Just because you hear some ruckus doesn't mean there's anythig brewing . We're about to setup a shoot out ! You can join us if you feel your any better

And that boys and girl is how to professionally troll someone in to crossing the line. :43:

Merc1138
06-29-2012, 4:09 PM

http://www.fybertech.com/4get/12266543511527.jpg

SURVIVOR619
It's really apples and oranges though. His shooting an AK with imported cheap ammo isn't bad for what it is. But, it isn't great or even good for precision shooting. He asked how his grouping was and then got offended when I gave him my opinion.

Agreed, but the way he was coming at this suggested he felt apples vs apples.

I'm still a ways from removing my noob status here and thought I could subtly assist him with a lesson in respect. I've seen your level of knowledge and benefitted therefrom (thanks)... Some people I guess are simply not gentlemen.

Respect, Survivor.

CSACANNONEER

Kes,

In his defense, he just wanted to hear that he was a great shot and didn't like my honest opinion. A lot of people can't handle the truth too well but, I think he understands now.

Well, I thought he understood.

This isn't going to end too well for someone.

Kestryll
06-29-2012, 4:13 PM
Kes,

In his defense, he just wanted to hear that he was a great shot and didn't like my honest opinion. A lot of people can't handle the truth too well but, I think he understands now.

Well, I thought he understood.

This isn't going to end too well for someone.

I swear the learning curve for some people is a flat line!

I post these warnings so people will take a step back and chill before going over the line rather than just banning them.

Most get it and take the hint to calm down, but every now and then someone just doesn't grasp the concept.

gmcal
06-29-2012, 4:24 PM
And that boys and girl is how to professionally troll someone in to crossing the line. :43:

lol, silly noob calls out a knowledgable veteran member then tries to punk kes. Couldn't you have let it go longer a la high profile banger?

retired
06-29-2012, 4:26 PM
I would surmise he did not comprehend what, "Head Janitor" really meant. I would also surmise that he now does.:D

ke6guj
06-29-2012, 4:34 PM
I would surmise he did not comprehend what, "Head Janitor" really meant. I would also surmise that he now does.:Dthat would be my guess.

AfghanVetOrcutt
06-29-2012, 4:43 PM
What's with all the pissing matches around here. CSACannoneer, we get it you're a shooting god :rolleyes:, how long have you been shooting? Maybe this kid hasn't been shooting for very long. Just pat the man on his back and move on with your life instead of going around pissing on peoples cheerios.

I can't shoot 1000m at MOA but I can shoot well enough to get me through 2 year long deployments to Afghanistan and countless firefights. The vast majority of my engagements were between 100 and 500m so his shooting would be good enough to keep him alive and that should be good enough for most of us.

Kes, I love you dude, don't smite me for this please.

CSACANNONEER
06-29-2012, 4:50 PM
What's with all the pissing matches around here. CSACannoneer, we get it you're a shooting god :rolleyes:, how long have you been shooting? Maybe this kid hasn't been shooting for very long. Just pat the man on his back and move on with your life instead of going around pissing on peoples cheerios.

I can't shoot 1000m at MOA but I can shoot well enough to get me through 2 year long deployments to Afghanistan and countless firefights. The vast majority of my engagements were between 100 and 500m so his shooting would be good enough to keep him alive and that should be good enough for most of us.

Kes, I love you dude, don't smite me for this please.

Dude, I never claimed to be a god or even a good shot. Even if I couldn't shoot better than 20 moa groups, it would not change my opinion about what is "good" and what isn't worth bragging about. All I did was answer the poor kid's question with my honest opinion. Seriously, who thinks that 5-7 moa groups are "good" let alone "good enough to brag about. I never said his group was "bad" or "substandard" or anything derogatory, it just wasn't all that.

AfghanVetOrcutt
06-29-2012, 5:01 PM
Again, 5-7 moa is not something I'd brag about with any gun at any distance let alone shooting short ranges like 100 yards using optics.

Sounds a bit insulting to me but I'm walking away from this, the kid isn't even here to defend himself anymore. Goodbye.

CSACANNONEER
06-29-2012, 5:30 PM
Sounds a bit insulting to me but I'm walking away from this, the kid isn't even here to defend himself anymore. Goodbye.

Yea, IMHO, it's not something worth bragging about. That's a simple fact. Of course, I NEVER said it was bad. In fact, I stated this:

it is about what I'd expect from an unsupported AK with surplus ammo and iron sites.

He got his panties all in a bunch because I didn't praise him for his outstanding shooting. Instead, I honestly answered his question.

Bye

tonelar
06-29-2012, 5:47 PM
Only now did I realize there are two different posters. Nice shooting Uncle Jess.

gmcal
06-29-2012, 6:03 PM
Lots of sensitive people here. Oh well, makes for some entertainment. CSA, I know where you're coming and I agree with you. Fwiw, I can't shoot for ****, which is why I don't post pics of my groups.

Bigtwin
06-29-2012, 8:45 PM

It was this part right here that had me laughing so hard I almost cryed!

Turbinator
06-29-2012, 9:30 PM

Wow, just WOW....

I just had to say it. :p

Turby

Noonanda
06-29-2012, 10:22 PM
Saying this/ Coping this kind of attitude to Kes reminds me of a quote from the comedian Ron White.

If your vision goes bad, you can have LASIK surgery and have 20/20 vision. If your hearing goes bad, they can install a device in your ear that will give you hearing as clear as it was the day you were born. But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever

cannon
06-30-2012, 8:16 AM

Ok, since you are such a hot shot shooter. Bragging about your MOA. I challenge you to a shoot off. You can put up or shut up tough guy. Meet me at my range in Omaha nebraska.

And that kes-troll guy can mind his own business too!

*Just thought I'd keep the trolling a rolling. :D*

Noonanda
06-30-2012, 8:18 AM
Ok, since you are such a hot shot shooter. Bragging about your MOA. I challenge you to a shoot off. You can put up or shut up tough guy. Meet me at my range in Omaha nebraska.

at first I thought you were serious. Was about to even say "Surely you cant be serious"

Hoop
06-30-2012, 8:56 AM
All this started by a guy bragging about 2MOA groups with his AK lol.

CSACANNONEER
06-30-2012, 10:00 AM

Nice try. I'm not planning on being anywhere near Omaha but, how about we meet at Ailiance instead? Does September 1 work for you? They have a better range. Does September 1 (http://www.fcsa.org/wwwroot/visitors/matches.php) work for you? I'll be there if I can bum a ride with you and have you pay for all ammo. But, I'll load it all and you can use my rifle. I'm halfway serious. We'll have to talk about it over a couple Scotty's chilli cheese hot dog omlets. Oh, you're paying for those too.:p Tomorrow or early next Saturday should work for me. It has to be early though 'cause, It's gonna get hot and I wanna survey your new place when it's as cool as possible.

cannon
06-30-2012, 10:32 AM
Nice try. I'm not planning on being anywhere near Omaha but, how about we meet at Ailiance instead? Does September 1 work for you? They have a better range. Does September 1 (http://www.fcsa.org/wwwroot/visitors/matches.php) work for you? I'll be there if I can bum a ride with you and have you pay for all ammo. But, I'll load it all and you can use my rifle. I'm halfway serious. We'll have to talk about it over a couple Scotty's chilli cheese hot dog omlets. Oh, you're paying for those too.:p Tomorrow or early next Saturday should work for me. It has to be early though 'cause, It's gonna get hot and I wanna survey your new place when it's as cool as possible.

Alliance is too far for me.

I may be heading past your place over this weekend with the Mrs. to sell some Rolex's in Santa Clarita. If so I'll call and we can all meet for the Chili Cheese hot dog omelets. Mmmmm.

We can do the other thing next Sat or Sun morning.

Moress
07-01-2012, 4:40 AM
Man, reading through this thread makes me never want to pick up a gun again. 5-7 MoA isn't even considered good when I can't even consistently hit paper at 100 yards...

cannon
07-01-2012, 7:07 AM
Man, reading through this thread makes me never want to pick up a gun again. 5-7 MoA isn't even considered good when I can't even consistently hit paper at 100 yards...

This sport is not about what others can do. It's about each of challenging ourselves to do better.

I've been shooting for forty years and I still stink but I do have a lot of fun at it.

BTW when asked on the internet I can put ten 9 MM through one .22 hole at 100 yards while blindfolded. ;)

Sanderhawk
07-01-2012, 7:12 AM
Nice Shooting. My AK47 was pretty damn accurate also. Mine also had the canted sight but it shot straight as hell. :)

FX-05 Xiuhcoatl
07-01-2012, 7:28 AM
When its dark and cold and bullets are whizzing past your head and grenades are flying, extreme accuracy is the last thing you are going to want. This is an over the top example, but you get the idea. A rifle that saves your butt is one that is always going to work no matter what. I have an AR, and an AK. If war starts down the street from me guess which one i'm grabbing?

SKS "paratrooper" for me and no mags to lose.

Uncle Jess
07-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Only now did I realize there are two different posters. Nice shooting Uncle Jess.

Thanks Man. I appreciate the compliments as well as the criticisms. I am shocked how the thread has taken the turns it has between different forum members. We're all 2A supporters. Like the late Rodney Glen King said, "Can't we all just get along?"

NYsteveZ
07-01-2012, 12:00 PM
Does it really matter how good someone can shoot? If you are having fun, being safe...what does it matter? If the guy is shooting a pink 22 and couldnt hit the broad side of a barn, BUT he is having a good time, thats all that matters!

cannon
07-01-2012, 12:59 PM
Does it really matter how good someone can shoot? If you are having fun, being safe...what does it matter? If the guy is shooting a pink 22 and couldnt hit the broad side of a barn, BUT he is having a good time, thats all that matters!

You hit the nail on the head my friend.

OP, With the sights and ammo you used. Great shooting.

arsilva32
07-01-2012, 2:18 PM

lol very nice. you def got him hook line and sinker. all in one reply as well +1

to the op your groups look ok to me,with just a plain jane ak i would be happy with them as well.

AngelZ3R0
07-01-2012, 2:38 PM
Computer screen = Internet steroids

Everyone is a BA here.

2nd Shot
07-01-2012, 2:53 PM
My 2 cents:

Out of a Romanian G kit anything, 2 MOA is really quite presentable. That's usually the domain of some of the better machined Bulgarian AK's and the 5.45 AK-74's that are known to be noticeably more accurate. I built a Romanian up on a flat that I could readily hit the 300 yard plate at Angeles with careful shots, and I'm sure you could do the same.

Don't let the AR guys talk crap (I did just buy the parts to build an AR, myself), IIRC I was reading somewhere that up to 4 MOA was acceptable for a mil spec M4/M16 if that gives you any idea.

We're not talking 3/8" groups out of a bolt gun precision, but as a fighting rifle, it's bombproof reliability, ease of use, and low maintenance requirements will prove much more useful than another MOA accuracy. Just go camping out in desert BLM for a few days and hand out an AK to friends to shoot if you want proof.

mattt
07-01-2012, 3:03 PM
Fighting rifle M1a first ,who cares what came in second:p

Ryan in SD
07-01-2012, 3:13 PM

He will be back!

Should probably keep an eye for new members called:

dunwitkestryll

lol

I dont think his shooting was that bad, he evened used his very own eotech, not someone elses.

Kinsel83
07-10-2012, 8:04 PM
AK's are battle rifles not precision competition rifles! so Accurate not precise is good!

Thank you. Someone said it. No one would buy AK's if they we wanted AR precision accuracy every single shot. Boring! (Not banging the AR either).

6mmintl
07-10-2012, 8:12 PM
Stop loitering on the 50 yard line before you get a ticket.

Try 100/200 and then compare notes.

Kappy
07-10-2012, 10:10 PM
I always thought the rifle was precise and the shooter was accurate. Meh.

kendog4570
07-10-2012, 10:41 PM
.... I was merely referring to people that say you can't hit the broadside of a barn with em. ................

Move the barn back a few hundred yards or more, then post your findings.

bighead
07-10-2012, 11:16 PM
Internet is the only place where someone can say things they would never say to someone's face.Case in point is this thread, if someone came up to me on the range and bragged about his AK grouping I would never downplay what he felt was an accomplishment despite how ridiculous it may seem.Bashing people is usually a reflection of how the basher feels about themselves.

Nice group bro, keep practicing and they'll get smaller!

KDTS
07-11-2012, 12:45 AM
Internet is the only place where someone can say things they would never say to someone's face.Case in point is this thread, if someone came up to me on the range and bragged about his AK grouping I would never downplay what he felt was an accomplishment despite how ridiculous it may seem.Bashing people is usually a reflection of how the basher feels about themselves.

Nice group bro, keep practicing and they'll get smaller!

I agree here, telling him his shots are bad is just provoking negativity. There are other ways to explain the difference between a precision bolt rifle's accuracy and that of an AK. In the black and bullseye of the target? Seems pretty good to me. Nice job!

Kappy
07-11-2012, 2:17 AM
I enjoyed reading this thread. I went through a few bags of popcorn while reading. I think it taught me that the virtues of the Vikings are long dead in this society. People can no longer boast about what the can do. If they do, people will jump their butts in a heartbeat. If you want to say "look what I can do!" you have to couch it humbly and hope people are impressed. It's a shame, really..

I'm not saying that anyone did anything wrong... But some pointers in what "better" or "more precise/accurate" shooting is would have been nice... And maybe an idea of how to get there.

To the OP... If you're satisfied with your shooting, good on you! If you'd like to continue to improve, try downsizing your targets. Aim small, miss small.

donw
07-11-2012, 8:43 AM
the groups you're shooting are pretty good when all is said and done; quarter size grouping is certainly acceptable as being accurate.

the AK was NOT designed to be a 'precision' shooting firearm. it was designed to be a combat arm for close in operation (remember Kalashnikov was a tanker and had that in mind when designing the AK to some extent.)

the accuracy you're experiencing would suffice for CQB.

you might get improvement by hand loading and tailoring a load for your AK.

what do you want from your AK? if it's "Precision" shooting, i think you'd be better off with a nice AR or quality BA...if it's for, rugged, dependable, simple design and operation, SD/HD-plinking-recreational shooting, it will fill the bill.

i have a quality AR...and...someday, i might like to get a nice AK; hopefully it would shoot as good as yours.

:yes::D

Donk310
07-11-2012, 9:14 AM
I've heard lots of people talking about the accuracy issues with the AK. Never understood why they were having such problems... because mine is very accurate. And it's just a WASR.

frankm
07-11-2012, 9:15 AM

Wow, talk about steppin' in it.

frankm
07-11-2012, 9:17 AM
I sold my Saiga cause I got tired of the giganto front sight post and the hair-sized sliver rear sight. To me, they're just spray and pray weapons. Even the Russians have changed their sights.

Coolguy101
07-11-2012, 10:38 AM
Alliance is too far for me.

I may be heading past your place over this weekend with the Mrs. to sell some Rolex's in Santa Clarita. If so I'll call and we can all meet for the Chili Cheese hot dog omelets. Mmmmm.

We can do the other thing next Sat or Sun morning.

I vote that the weapon of choice for the shooting match be cannons instead of rifles.

Lets see some sub-moa groups with those!

Richard Erichsen
07-11-2012, 3:15 PM
I sold my Saiga cause I got tired of the giganto front sight post and the hair-sized sliver rear sight. To me, they're just spray and pray weapons. Even the Russians have changed their sights.

Sights are among the easier things to fix. Selling gets rid of the problem if you weren't that jazzed to begin with.

R

Dont_Shoot_im_Chinese
07-11-2012, 3:31 PM
I have never read a thread where CSA isn't a complete *** to fellow the calguns community. This place used to be respectful and support one another.

Dhena81
07-11-2012, 3:42 PM
I have never read a thread where CSA isn't a complete *** to fellow the calguns community. This place used to be respectful and support one another.

So for a whole 1.5 months CGN used to be a respectful place?

For the record in this thread he was attacked first only because he didn't sugar coat the guys grouping doesn't make him a dick. Maybe your part of the everyone is a winner movement if that's the case I understand why you would think that.

Dont_Shoot_im_Chinese
07-11-2012, 3:50 PM
I've been around this board than the active user history suggests. To the OP, have fun and be safe. That's all that matters to most of us