PDA

View Full Version : I just won an online auction!!!

Seaweed02
06-28-2012, 7:25 PM
I won an Arsenal SA 93 on a Gunbroker.com auction today. It will take a couple of weeks to get it in hand, maybe more, but at least I know it is coming.

I will try to post a link to the site. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=292790028

I hope this works so you all can see. Sroll down and there are lots of pictures. I can't wait to get it.

ElvenSoul
06-28-2012, 7:27 PM
Call and make sure they ship to CA. I gave up on GB years ago.

Hope you get it!

69Mach1
06-28-2012, 7:27 PM
That's a good looking rifle.

rikitikijave
06-28-2012, 7:29 PM
Congrats. I've purchased most of my firearms from gunbroker. For my particular taste, it has always been cheaper to buy on gunbroker than from local stores (including the 100 or so to have it transferred.

Seaweed02
06-28-2012, 7:43 PM
I made sure that I asked the seller whether or not he would be willing to ship to CA before I put in the bid. He is going to install the bullet button and ship it for me.

Carl.

PEZHEAD265
06-28-2012, 8:03 PM
I made sure that I asked the seller whether or not he would be willing to ship to CA before I put in the bid. He is going to install the bullet button and ship it for me.

Carl.

Also make sure he brakes the mag down to a mag kit.You will need to get a 10 rounder.30 rd mag in a bullet button rifle in CA is against the law.30 rd [hi cap]mag imported into the state you both can go to jail.30 rd[hI cap] MAG KITS ONLY!!

chead
06-28-2012, 8:23 PM
Dang that is a nice rifle for a good price. A GB success story :)

Seaweed02
06-28-2012, 8:27 PM
I am a peace officer so I am authorized to buy the high capacity magazines. I have already bought some ten round AK mags to go with my Zastava that I picked up today. Although I can buy the high capacity mags, it isn't cool to show up to the range and use them alongside others who can't. Useless really, because although I can buy them, I can't use them. But if the world goes nuts on us, it will be nice to have the high cap mags. I bought two today when I picked up the Zastava. One 30 rounder and one 40 rounder.

Carl.

Seaweed02
06-28-2012, 8:29 PM
Dang that is a nice rifle for a good price. A GB success story :)

Thanks Chead. I liked it also. I was praying that nobody would outbid me, and I managed to win it. Luck of the Irish I guess. thanks to the Lord.

Carl.

Seaweed02
06-28-2012, 8:31 PM
That's a good looking rifle.

Thanks 69Mach1. I thought so also. I am glad I finally found that quality milled receiver AK that I had been looking for. I still want an Arsenal SA M7 Classic though. They are just so pretty.

Carl.

69Mach1
06-28-2012, 8:34 PM
Here's my SA M7. Not a classic though, but I love it just the same.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j258/FIVESIXTN/DSC03646.jpg

arsilva32
06-28-2012, 9:27 PM
wow great looking rifle, im always worrisome that some guy will come along at the last min and snipe the item from me. congrats on being the final bidder

bubbapug1
06-28-2012, 9:39 PM
Gunbroker has some great deals at times!

Good for you!!

Firedude1980
06-28-2012, 9:43 PM
Nice buy seaweed02! I'd love to hear the range report and review after you get it!

D2Shooter
06-28-2012, 9:46 PM
CONGRATS!

Dhena81
06-28-2012, 9:47 PM
Here's my SA M7. Not a classic though, but I love it just the same.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j258/FIVESIXTN/DSC03646.jpg

I bought one of those in 04 when I lived in Las Vegas for I think $699 I sold it for $450 to a LV metro PD I wish I would have known I could have kept it. Did you add the MD mine didn't have one.

Dont_Shoot_im_Chinese
06-28-2012, 10:04 PM
Nice score!

mycrstuff
06-28-2012, 10:10 PM
Not a bad price. Back in 1999 I wanted to buy a milled Bulgarian. They were $800 back then so I didn't get it.

Omega13device
06-29-2012, 7:05 AM
I am a peace officer so I am authorized to buy the high capacity magazines. I have already bought some ten round AK mags to go with my Zastava that I picked up today. Although I can buy the high capacity mags, it isn't cool to show up to the range and use them alongside others who can't. Useless really, because although I can buy them, I can't use them. But if the world goes nuts on us, it will be nice to have the high cap mags. I bought two today when I picked up the Zastava. One 30 rounder and one 40 rounder.

I think you know this already but just in case, keep in mind that you can't use large-capacity magazines on a bullet-button rifle. The only exception is registered AWs.

Also the auction says it's a 15 3/4" barrel, which does not meet the 16" minimum barrel length so you'll need to have a muzzle device permanently attached to make 16+ inches.

PEZHEAD265
06-29-2012, 7:49 AM

Carl.

You still need 10 rd mags in a rifle with a bullet button.

chead
06-29-2012, 8:23 AM
Although I can buy the high capacity mags, it isn't cool to show up to the range and use them alongside others who can't.

That is really cool of you, imo :)

gotshotgun?
06-29-2012, 8:49 AM
Although I can buy the high capacity mags, it isn't cool to show up to the range and use them alongside others who can't.
Carl.

You just went up a notch in my book.

Thank you!

BucDan
06-29-2012, 8:55 AM
15 3/4"? Can it really be 1/4" too short?!

cabinetguy
06-29-2012, 9:21 AM
it can be a hundredth of an inch short

PEZHEAD265
06-29-2012, 3:16 PM
I think it was measured wrong[15 3/4].The gun is a post ban import rifle that doesn't have the evil features of a bayo lug,muzzle device or a thread barrel.I don't think they measured from the bolt face with a dowel down the barrel.

Seaweed02
06-29-2012, 3:17 PM
Wow there were a lot of responses to this. Too many to keep answering individually. But I wanted to say thanks to everyone for looking and responding. In a brief answer to all I would say:

I won't use the high cap magazines, as I stated earlier, and thanks for those of you who mentioned that, and to those of you who appreciated my reasons for not using them. They will stay in my gunsafe right next to the AR15 and Mini 14 high capacity magazines.

I will check on the barrel length right now before they ship it. I thought the barrel length was tied into the overall length. I will have to ask about that and read up on it. Thanks for pointing that out. What can be permanently attached to the barrel to make it right?

That Arsenal SA M7 is beautiful. I would like to know how that shoots? I love the look of the SA M7 models. All of them.

I will shoot it as soon as I can and get a report back as soon as possible. It will probably take a little while to get it in hand though. At least a few weeks.

Take care all,

Carl.

DennisCA
06-29-2012, 3:25 PM
I won an Arsenal SA 93 on a Gunbroker.com auction today. It will take a couple of weeks to get it in hand, maybe more, but at least I know it is coming.

I will try to post a link to the site. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=292790028

I hope this works so you all can see. Sroll down and there are lots of pictures. I can't wait to get it.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/15411992/images/1309300880715.jpg

Seaweed02
06-29-2012, 3:40 PM
I think it was measured wrong[15 3/4].The gun is a post ban import rifle that doesn't have the evil features of a bayo lug,muzzle device or a thread barrel.I don't think they measured from the bolt face with a dowel down the barrel.

PEZHEAD,

That is what I think also. It comes from the same factory that makes the SA 93 rifles that other people own here in CA, so it has to be the same length. Right? It comes with the Heavy, Hammer Forged, Bulgarian Classic Barrel that is being sold by K-var, right. Which is the same one used on the Arsenal SA M7 Classic. That one is 16 inches long. I don't think they measured it right.

Arsenal SA 93 owners please chime in if you have some info.

Carl.