PDA

View Full Version : Where to find Ruger mini 14 tactical rifle

MISFIRE
06-28-2012, 5:00 PM
I have been looking for a Ruger mini 14 tactical, however all the gun shops tell me the distributors won't ship them to Ca. because of the flash hider. I would like to think it would be easy to just remove the flash hider and then I could install a muzzle break.
Any help would be appreciated
Bill

wxl
06-28-2012, 7:24 PM
The Tactical is classified as an AW in Ca. You might be able to get a dealer to ship a Mod 5820 LE. It's a featureless 16.12" SS Mini that is Ca legal and with an aftermarket muzzle brake and tactical hand guard, you will have something that is almost the same as a Tactical and still be Ca legal. You have to work something out on the mags though. It comes with (2) 20 rd mags as standard. You might be able to get the dealer to ship 10 rd mags or ship the mags as parts. Here's the link to the Ruger specs.
http://www.ruger.com/LE/products/mini14RanchRifle/models.html

bonesurf
06-28-2012, 8:15 PM
Uhm....I'm assuming you want the tactical without the pistol grip....cause that adds in the issue of a bullet button.....but if you want a "tactical rifle" stainless with synthetic stock....you can order that in a ranch rifle and then aftermarket it however you want....
I have a ranch with a synthetic stock and blued barrel.....ultimak rail.....aimpoint....mo-rod and reaper....not sure how much more "tactical" you can make it in CA without making things overly complex

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mossy Man
06-28-2012, 8:37 PM
you could also get the barrel cut and recrowned if you just want a 16" instead of 18

wxl
06-28-2012, 10:15 PM
Forgot to mention I got the 5820 LE NIB for $650+fees+tax from a dealer on Gunbrokers. Can't decide whether to put the muzzle brake on it or not, it's nice and compact without it.