View Full Version : Hi point carbine

06-28-2012, 2:14 PM
First of all hello I'm new to Calguns. I'm interested in purchasing a 4595TS but the fact that they are so cheap worries me, although I have heard and read good things about them, I have also heard that they are too cheap to be reliable. I have also heard contradictions about there customer service.
It seems the I more I read the more I'm on the fence.
Can anyone with more knowledge and experience than I give me the facts and or Hi Point owner or previous customer give me some feed back. Please.
Thank you.

06-28-2012, 3:39 PM
I have a Hi-Point C9 and had a 995TS, the 9mm version of the 4595, and am/was happy with both. I wouldn't let the price deter you, they are affordable, reliable and accurate. They don't have the fit and finish of more expensive guns, but they go bang when you want them to. As you've read online people either love them or hate them, but from my experience most of the hate are from people who do not own HPs. There are a couple of good HP forums that have a wealth of knowledge on them. (Not sure if linking them is OK so I won't but PM if you are interested)

The 995TS was a blast to shoot and the only reason I sold it was because I needed to fund the purchase of a handgun for my wife. As soon as I can swing it I plan on buying another one.

As far as HP's customer service goes, I have read nothing but positive reviews. They are made in the USA and have a lifetime warranty. For $400 bucks with a lifetime warranty you aren't risking much, plus if you have to send it in for warranty work I have read that HP will send your firearm back with a magazine for your time.

I say go for it...and welcome to CalGuns. :D

06-28-2012, 3:39 PM
Got one a couple months ago. It's ugly and heavy and for the couple times I've shot it it's been reliable and accurate. Need a better solution for a mag release but overall it's fine. Still it's new so haven't needed customer service yet.

06-28-2012, 3:48 PM
I've owned quite a few Hi Points over the years. They're heavy, ugly, feel clumsy and they work. Magazines are the weak part but the 'best' you can get are the factory mags. Aftermarket mags generally don't work.

My 4595 is the most fun HiPoint to shoot I've ever had. The mags interchange with the JHP .45 pistol -- but that's unsafe for everybody except the priveleged class in California -- so you probably won't get one anyway.

If you want one, get it. If you have any problems HP will fix it quickly and at no charge -- they'll even toss in a mag for sending it in.

06-28-2012, 5:45 PM
Thanks you for your time guys, that that is useful info, I've made my decision.
I will start my search for the best price, oh and nice quote, great movie.

06-28-2012, 5:59 PM
Will concur. I have a 995ts. Cheap ugly reliable accurate. Ok. Fit and finish uh....not so bueno but it WORKS

06-28-2012, 9:07 PM
Dont own one but my buddy has one we shot it for a bout 4 hours and about 200-300 rounds no problems. Now i am think if purchasing one..:cool:

06-29-2012, 6:34 AM
I first bought the TS995, it has been a very handy rifle, very accurate out to about 200 yards. Because the rifle was so good, I bought the C9 and love it as well. Both have no issues with FTF or FTE. AS for looks beauty is in the eye of the beholder!! I like the way they put out!! LOL

06-29-2012, 11:23 AM
Got one a couple months ago. It's ugly and heavy and for the couple times I've shot it it's been reliable and accurate. Need a better solution for a mag release but overall it's fine. Still it's new so haven't needed customer service yet.

Hi Fastrider,
We've released a UBBT solution for the Hi Point 9MM and will be releasing a universal kit that will fit HP .40, .45, and a bunch of other platforms in the next couple of weeks.

Check them out

06-29-2012, 11:33 AM
hi-point makes decent guns for cheap. I have their c9 9mm pistol and it works flawlessly. Plus they have a lifetime warranty and will replace any parts for free, no questions asked.

06-29-2012, 1:44 PM
i also own a c9 and 995ts and they have not failed me yet! they eat anything!

06-29-2012, 1:49 PM
Hi Point... Look on youtube to see what some guys do to torture test those guns... They are amazingly cheap and the most amazing part is they work. I'm very impressed by the Hi-Point c9 in particular. A 9mm handgun for under 200 bucks is unheard of... especially new. People always say that hi-point guns aren't safe but the fact of the matter is that if they weren't safe, they wouldn't be in business for very long because I bet a lot of people on a budget purchase their firearms. Enjoy your purchase :)