PDA

View Full Version : New Nobama Lower - LOL

bender152
06-28-2012, 12:05 PM
Saw this on Palmetto State Armory's Facebook page.

We are proud to announce the new "NOBO12" lower that is on its way into production. Below you will find a drawing that will give you the general idea of the lower design. Sorry, but we do not have actual pictures available to post at this time.

http://www.tracingcircles.com/pics/palmetto_lower.jpg

p2rider426
06-28-2012, 12:07 PM
Win!

undercow16969
06-28-2012, 12:08 PM
I lol'd

Merc1138
06-28-2012, 12:20 PM
I just damn near spit soda on my monitor when I read the selector markings.

rocketsci
06-28-2012, 12:26 PM
Oh man, I gotta have one of those...

EvolutionGSR
06-28-2012, 12:33 PM
Damn you PSA, Ive made so many excuses for myself to stop buying lowers, and you come up with one I can't make an excuse for.

Edit: every lower sold should include a $5 donation to the Romney campaign.

Burnit7
06-28-2012, 12:34 PM
Genious!

Their full-auto marking version should add "Progress" for the full-auto selector mark, and "Forward" right below the bolt release. ;)

BajaJames83
06-28-2012, 12:36 PM
Damn you PSA, Ive made so many excuses for myself to stop buying lowers, and you come up with one I can't make an excuse for.

Edit: every lower sold should include a $5 donation to the Romney campaign.

S**t they should do an all proceeds....

Ubermcoupe
06-28-2012, 12:37 PM
:Ivan:

k1dude
06-28-2012, 12:38 PM
Hopefully they'll keep the price around $79. If so, I'm in.

bender152
06-28-2012, 12:40 PM
I don't care much for the "special" lowers (pirate, zombie, etc), but this one I want!

chead
06-28-2012, 1:03 PM
Gross.

DannyInSoCal
06-28-2012, 1:06 PM
Safe = OWS
Fire = Tea Party

Replace the moon in the logo with a hammer & sickle...

mmurdock77
06-28-2012, 1:09 PM
PSA just posted their new "NOBO" lower receiver design to their Facebook wall.

http://i.imgur.com/NQELi.jpg

Really disappointed.

I'm not offended or taken aback, but just really saddened that a company that I backed for so long has stooped to such a gimmick which further stereo types us all as crazy right wing wackos. These kind of ideas only hurt the community as a whole. I'm frankly shocked that they'd try to appeal to the lowest common denominator with such an easy and "rah rah" topic such as politics. When I say lowest common denominator, I mean it. Looking through the comments of the potential buyers, I ran across such gems as, "Personally I wasn't one that says **** OBAMA", "Literal retards are not exempt from constitutional rights, and my favorite, "you liberal ***s".

Like I said before, I've always been a strong supporter of PSA, but I can't voluntarily shell out money to a company that doesn't have the intelligence or clarity not to mix politics/religion with business. I hope they enjoy their new customer base.

Noah3683
06-28-2012, 1:20 PM
I lol'd

Me too lol

chknlyps2
06-28-2012, 1:29 PM
Thats friggin funny! :rofl2:

Coded-Dude
06-28-2012, 1:40 PM
EPIC! /caps

MUKAK
06-28-2012, 1:42 PM
retarted.

AeroEngi
06-28-2012, 1:45 PM
Haha...love it!

HK Dave
06-28-2012, 1:52 PM
The selector switch is friggin AWESOME. IN FOR ONE!

HK Dave
06-28-2012, 1:52 PM
The selector switch is friggin AWESOME. IN FOR ONE!

bckline
06-28-2012, 1:54 PM
Really disappointed.

I agree wholeheartedly. Silly, petty PR stunt (although one that will surely make them lots of money).

cgn0826
06-28-2012, 1:57 PM
Its a gimmick..but gimmicks sell at least in the short term

Donk310
06-28-2012, 2:02 PM
I'll pass on it. But it's gonna make a lot of cha-ching!

jsipe007
06-28-2012, 2:02 PM
I do understand where you come from on this topic and yes, it may be crossing the line but I myself wholeheartedly support PSA still and I will continue to do so as long as they provide good service and quality. Customer service is a lost art in the United States, and although I may not agree with all of Palmetto's decisions (such as no employees answering phones LOL), they have been exceptionally good to me.

Just a side note... this was on Facebook and i dont trust Facebook. Does everyone think this will be an actual production lower? Or is it just a stunt someone did on Palmetto's behalf?

G60
06-28-2012, 2:03 PM
Stupid.

Not a fan of themed/gimmick/collectible firearms.

someR1
06-28-2012, 2:08 PM
i doubt this is real.

glug
06-28-2012, 2:09 PM
It's nothing new, they already had YOULIEXXX serial numbered lowers a while back.

They are a good company but I'm not a fan of putting any political messages on my weapons, or any of my belongings for that matter.

someR1
06-28-2012, 2:10 PM
i love it, but I don't think this is real.

Curley Red
06-28-2012, 2:12 PM
Just trying to make a buck off people that are against Obama. Doesn't surprise me. But gives me a reason not to support them. I do not support any company that plays in the political games, no matter what side they are for or against.

stix213
06-28-2012, 2:32 PM
Full auto setting should say "F&F"

StratORcaster
06-28-2012, 2:35 PM
Full auto setting should say "F&F"

LOL!

Dhena81
06-28-2012, 3:03 PM
:Ivan:

Though Obama hasn't directly attacked the 2A fast and furious could tell otherwise.

The country has already been involuntarily divided into special interest groups by the media and our 2 party system already has dibs on each individual group.

kglover
06-28-2012, 3:33 PM
I love how there is another thread identical to this one, but everyone there is "bashing it" and saying they aren't going to support PSA because of this and this thread, (almost) everyone loves it!! haha

weber_2
06-28-2012, 3:36 PM
You don't like it don't buy it. I'm think its a great gimmick, better then all the zombie crap.

Laser Sailor
06-28-2012, 3:38 PM
Where can I get my pro-Obama lower? :hide:

Javi
06-28-2012, 3:42 PM
You don't like it don't buy it. I'm think its a great gimmick, better then all the zombie crap.

I agree. I think the safety selector switch markings are hilarious haha.

Bigben
06-28-2012, 3:57 PM
Definitely a gimmick. A funny one at that.If you dont like it, dont buy it. Lighten up. Chuckle, shake your head and move on. I dont do bumper stickers on my cars but i dont have a fit when others do. Grow a sense of humor.

EricStanley
06-28-2012, 4:09 PM
I'm way in.

cannon
06-28-2012, 4:22 PM
That's funny. Gotta love capitalists capitalizing. It's the American way.

If I wanted an AR I might buy one just for the laughs.

The Virus
06-28-2012, 4:24 PM
lame.

cannon
06-28-2012, 4:25 PM
Pretty funny.

Scratch705
06-28-2012, 4:27 PM
I love how there is another thread identical to this one, but everyone there is "bashing it" and saying they aren't going to support PSA because of this and this thread, (almost) everyone loves it!! haha

where is that thread?

Scratch705
06-28-2012, 4:28 PM
i'm in on this

chead
06-28-2012, 4:35 PM
Really disappointed.

I'm not offended or taken aback, but just really saddened that a company that I backed for so long has stooped to such a gimmick which further stereo types us all as crazy right wing wackos. These kind of ideas only hurt the community as a whole.

Exactly that. Agreed.

wsmc27
06-28-2012, 4:44 PM
Definitely a gimmick. A funny one at that.If you dont like it, dont buy it. Lighten up. Chuckle, shake your head and move on. I dont do bumper stickers on my cars but i dont have a fit when others do. Grow a sense of humor.

^^^ This.

Won't be buying one (we buy the San Diego, CA made lowers ;) ), but won't hesitate to buy their uppers and/or other sale goodies, ammo, etc.

Seems like there are some funny people back thar in So. Carolina. :D

Have chuckled and shared opinion as asked by OP.

:)

darqhelmet
06-28-2012, 4:48 PM
Good on them from a capitalistic point of view. Personally I don't care either way.

DFF
06-28-2012, 4:50 PM
Kinda' funny, actually. But I wouldn't buy it.

Brick562
06-28-2012, 5:00 PM
Can I have mine with him hanging from a noose ??? Haha or maybe as a puppet with David rocafeller as the puppet master ???? Hahaha I'm sending these ideas to my engraver !!! Hopefully he can throw them on a 80%er for me :)

Disturbing. Really disturbing.

Brick562
06-28-2012, 5:03 PM
I agree that this is the kind of thing that can really backfire. Additionally, some of the comments on the other thread verge into knock knock secret service we have a couple of questions territory. Bad mojo.

Capybara
06-28-2012, 5:16 PM
No stupider than all of the Zombie crap that a lot of people buy.

DFF
06-28-2012, 5:19 PM
I agree that this is the kind of thing that can really backfire. Additionally, some of the comments on the other thread verge into knock knock secret service we have a couple of questions territory. Bad mojo.

Yup. I was thinking the same thing.

The Virus
06-28-2012, 5:32 PM
No stupider than all of the Zombie crap that a lot of people buy.

Yes it is, much more stupider

problemchild
06-28-2012, 7:39 PM
Those lowers are FREE. If you want it then its YOUR RIGHT to have it. The gubmint will FORCE someone else to pay for it for you.

Love the MUSLIM crescent moon logo.

Icypu
06-28-2012, 8:23 PM
This is one funny lower. I like the idea, its classy without being offensive.

SKSer45
06-28-2012, 8:37 PM
hahaha awesome!!!

Grumpyoldretiredcop
06-28-2012, 10:56 PM
I like it, it's amusing. Not like I need another lower, though. Hope (insert your favorite politician here) is defecating a brick over them.

TNP'R
06-28-2012, 11:03 PM
Yeah no thanks, after his term is up whether he gets reelected or not that lower is gonna be out dated as far as the engraving goes. Look guys I have a nobama lower! A who? You know Obama..Oh yeah, him..

atv
06-28-2012, 11:23 PM
Aww, some people got sand in their panties over THIS?

PachecoFTW
06-28-2012, 11:46 PM
eh... it is not like liberals or politicians are going to see it. ME:"hey liberal friend want to see my obama lower?" LIB:"AAAAAAAH a GUN RUNNNNN!"

MrExel17
06-29-2012, 12:20 AM
hahaha, niice!

noob_tube
06-29-2012, 12:33 AM
Its funny, but I won't be buying one, just like I don't plan on buying a zombie lower. I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to markings on my rifles.

Lexustech48
06-29-2012, 7:12 AM
... I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to markings on my rifles.

+1.

SactoPlinker
06-29-2012, 8:41 AM
Its funny, but I won't be buying one, just like I don't plan on buying a zombie lower. I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to markings on my rifles.

Same, less marking is better marking. As an aside, it amuses me how people generalize too. Technically, being a Democrat would make me a "liberal", and by the generalization that would make me anti-gun among other things.

The reality is though firearms and shooting is a family tradition (and a darn good one) and I found humor in the picture. Would I buy it? No, I don't like gimmicks but I still found it pretty funny :D

Capybara
06-29-2012, 8:56 AM
I saw this written up on some other gun sites too. Why does everyone have their panties in a wad over this? Seems like a typical novelty type lower with a political message on it, I have seen much worse as Don29Palms post shows.

If BHO is re-elected, any gun built with this will be taken away ;-) and if BHO is not elected, it will fall to the wayside with all of the other political t-shirts and bumper stickers.

06-29-2012, 10:29 AM
I wouldn't buy one but funny nonetheless.

Really disappointed.
I agree wholeheartedly.
But gives me a reason not to support them. I do not support any company that plays in the political games, no matter what side they are for or against.

http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/tears/t2307.gif

Aww, some people got sand in their panties over THIS?
I saw this written up on some other gun sites too. Why does everyone have their panties in a wad over this?

:thumbsup:

ssteve
06-29-2012, 11:38 AM

I agree, it reminds me of anti violence people getting violent in their non violent protests.

MikeR
06-29-2012, 12:01 PM
I thought this was another zombie lower??? Its got the leader of the zombies name right on it. :confused:

Love the selector markings too. Haha

FatalKitty
06-29-2012, 1:21 PM

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/NQELi.jpg[IMG]

Really disappointed.

I'm not offended or taken aback, but just really saddened that a company that I backed for so long has stooped to such a gimmick which further stereo types us all as crazy right wing wackos. These kind of ideas only hurt the community as a whole. I'm frankly shocked that they'd try to appeal to the lowest common denominator with such an easy and "rah rah" topic such as politics. When I say lowest common denominator, I mean it. Looking through the comments of the potential buyers, I ran across such gems as, "Personally I wasn't one that says **** OBAMA", "Literal retards are not exempt from constitutional rights, and my favorite, "you liberal ***s".

Like I said before, I've always been a strong supporter of PSA, but I can't voluntarily shell out money to a company that doesn't have the intelligence or clarity not to mix politics/religion with business. I hope they enjoy their new customer base.

get over it ;)

glock7
06-29-2012, 6:30 PM
I think it's funny. I'd buy one and shoot the snot out of it. Maybe Czar Holder can buy a bunch of em and distribute them in Mexico to see where they end up....

glock7
06-29-2012, 6:33 PM
I love the AR purists who say that they wouldn't get one because it's a gimmick. They probably have safe queens....;)

MUKAK
06-29-2012, 7:25 PM
am down for a G W B lower...

especially one that has a bullet going tru his head...

what did obama do to u?

let me guess..............

stupid of PSA of promoting this BS

arsilva32
06-29-2012, 7:42 PM
I saw this written up on some other gun sites too. Why does everyone have their panties in a wad over this? Seems like a typical novelty type lower with a political message on it, I have seen much worse as Don29Palms post shows.

If BHO is re-elected, any gun built with this will be taken away ;-) and if BHO is not elected, it will fall to the wayside with all of the other political t-shirts and bumper stickers.

they got bent because there secretly BHO supporters:p:p

J.K. J.K.
but seriously this design is tastefully done. i mean nobo come on, they didn't even use his full name or picture or even a cartoon caricature ludicrously exaggerating his peculiarities. not that i would buy one, but i'm in no way offended by it.

B!ngo
06-29-2012, 7:52 PM
I agree with the mmurdock77 as it shames a group that wants respect so that their ideas about gun laws will be heard, respected and implemented. That would be 'us'.
But further, I continue to be shocked at how this group (and many others) feel free to take wild swings at our sitting president. Many here have served in the military, others LEO's, and most all of us are likely patriots. As such, slighting the commander in chief is just abhorrent, whether you like his ideas or not. And worst case, as I've taught my kids, if you cannot respect the man, at least show some respect for the Office.
B

Really disappointed.

arsilva32
06-29-2012, 9:56 PM
they got bent because there secretly BHO supporters:p:p

J.K. J.K.
but seriously this design is tastefully done. i mean nobo come on, they didn't even use his full name or picture or even a cartoon caricature ludicrously exaggerating his peculiarities. not that i would buy one, but i'm in no way offended by it.

[QUOTE]I agree with the mmurdock77 as it shames a group that wants respect so that their ideas about gun laws will be heard, respected and implemented. That would be 'us'.
But further, I continue to be shocked at how this group (and many others) feel free to take wild swings at our sitting president. Many here have served in the military, others LEO's, and most all of us are likely patriots. As such, slighting the commander in chief is just abhorrent, whether you like his ideas or not. And worst case, as I've taught my kids, if you cannot respect the man, at least show some respect for the Office.

please! get down off your soapbox man, it says nobo. nowhere does it disrespect anyone or the presidential position. i have friends that are decorated vets and although they would never say anything about the pres on base, they have allot to say regardless. after all there not automatons, they do as there told without question but still have opinions.

black gun addict
06-29-2012, 10:00 PM
NICE!

skyscraper
06-29-2012, 10:02 PM
Get your panties out of a bunch. I think it's hilarious and not "wacko" at all.

skyscraper
06-29-2012, 10:04 PM

Oh No!!! the secret service is going to come knocking....must cancel order now!

Drivedabizness
06-29-2012, 10:07 PM

Really disappointed.

Lighten up, Francis :)

SactoPlinker
06-29-2012, 10:54 PM
I love the AR purists who say that they wouldn't get one because it's a gimmick. They probably have safe queens....;)

just preference is all, no safe queen, I go shooting as often as I can and since I only have one AR, well it goes to say it doesn't stay in a safe lol.

The lower is funny regardless of people's sympathies, its a pun, have a laugh, move on.

gunnerstuff
06-29-2012, 11:31 PM
Capitalism at its finest

whtl
06-29-2012, 11:43 PM
Here comes the secret service. LOL

noob_tube
06-30-2012, 3:37 AM

Not me! I'm too broke for a "safe queen" :o. Hell, I don't even have a safe :D

m03
06-30-2012, 4:34 AM
***-ugly, and works against our cause.

offdutyalot
06-30-2012, 8:21 AM
Genious!

Their full-auto marking version should add "Progress" for the full-auto selector mark, and "Forward" right below the bolt release. ;)

^^^^THIS!!! It's already hilarious and true, but add this ^^^^ and it's perfect.:D

06-30-2012, 11:02 AM
B

:rolleyes:

He is just a man. Not a king, not an emperor and not a god.

AM9000
06-30-2012, 11:35 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Nvqzpq9ZfEg/SScS6F0_KzI/AAAAAAAACzc/ozDv6-ErhYc/s400/Obama+Target.jpghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_110wcPq1TEY/SxRmHQstblI/AAAAAAAAFsg/LBRgLdNOkMI/s1600/MS1052.jpghttp://www.moonbattery.com/liberal-gun.jpg

Really? I understand you really want to offend people and let them know you hate Obama... but this is where you guys cross the line in my book.

I wouldn't mind at all, if the FEDS came to pay you a visit. Timothy Mcveigh was just a kid on a message board until......

***-ugly, and works against our cause.

+1000

major burnout
06-30-2012, 1:22 PM
Really? I understand you really want to offend people and let them know you hate Obama... but this is where you guys cross the line in my book.

I wouldn't mind at all, if the FEDS came to pay you a visit. Timothy Mcveigh was just a kid on a message board until......

+1000

If that crazy anti-war ranting liberal Timothy mcdirtbag would have used that lefty revolver he would have saved us all a lot of heart ache.

Dreaded Claymore
06-30-2012, 2:24 PM
eh... it is not like liberals or politicians are going to see it.

Yeah exactly, except for all the liberals on Calguns, myself among them. Other than us, no liberals will see it.

tonelar
06-30-2012, 2:32 PM
Hahaha. Very funny selector markings. Id like it more if it had a unicorn for its rollmark (some kind of mythical beaSt)

johnjohn301
06-30-2012, 3:23 PM
Think it's stupid ~
But then, I don't get all giggly over fart jokes either.