PDA

View Full Version : I.O. dilema suprise suprise

Travis590A1
06-28-2012, 11:30 AM
So a buddy of mine thought he was getting an awsome deal on an Ak turns out its an I.O. booooooooo! Anyways he stuck with it now since its used. The rifles rivets are horrible! Its like they didn't even try. I will post pics later. So my question is since he is stuck with it, how much would it be to re rivet the rifle? He paid $400 for it. I dislike I.O. more than most as most of you know but since he is kinda stuck with it I'm just trying to help him find options to make the best out of the gun (if that's possible from I.O.) any suggestions on how to make it "real ak worthy?"

CSACANNONEER
06-28-2012, 11:35 AM
If the receiver is salvageable, a quality rivet set is only about $10 plus shipping. If the receiver is crap (most that I've seen are) it might be easier to just demil it and build it on a new Nodak or homebuilt receiver. $400 isn't that bad if the barrel is properly populated and he likes the furinture that he got. In fact, $400 isn't a bad deal to use it as a parts kit with US made parts included.

MrExel17
06-28-2012, 11:39 AM
Wow, sorry to hear that. Pix would be greatly appreciated, there are AK experts that will chime it soon. I can relate with firearms that have poor quality, and totally, I can only assume trying to get it AK worthy might be the same it not more of the purchase price, but I can be wrong and would also be interested to find out since I'm new tot he platform! Wish you guys the best!

dunwitjayz
06-28-2012, 1:12 PM
I just got the ak pistol hell pup from Atlantic arms , straight garbage !!!! Same issue with the rivets they look like there not even touching the reciever on the front trunion ! Worst thing was I got it out of dros and took It to the range and the dust cover does not fit !!! It's too short to fit into the canale in the front trunion ?? I sent it back to io and told them I want a full refund ! Don't ever buy any products from io inc !!!!

cgn0826
06-28-2012, 1:17 PM
Has anyone ever read anything good about an IO rifle? Bueller?

Travis590A1
06-28-2012, 1:51 PM
Nope there is someone posting in the pistol forum asking if he should buy a hell pup lol

stix213
06-28-2012, 2:36 PM
This company is giving AK's a bad name. The one I held at Big5 a while back was crap too. Looked like they didn't even bother to finish the receiver.

stix213
06-28-2012, 2:36 PM
This company is giving AK's a bad name. The one I held at Big5 a while back was crap too. Looked like they didn't even bother to finish the receiver.

Travis590A1
06-28-2012, 7:19 PM
Does anyone know what a smithy would charge to fix the rivets

rikitikijave
06-28-2012, 8:37 PM
Build party fee, AK builder flat, and rivet set. Best decision I ever made.

safewaysecurity
06-28-2012, 8:41 PM
But sootch00 says they are high quality AKs. Lol.

ott1
06-28-2012, 11:02 PM
RJF makes crappy AKs too and theirs are overpriced.

Merc1138
06-28-2012, 11:14 PM
But sootch00 says they are high quality AKs. Lol.

Well apparently sootch00 is an idiot since in his own factory tour video they couldn't be bothered to make sure they had a working AK on camera(bolt jammed).

Not to mention all of the idiotic statements about quality, overloaded trash cans everywhere(it's a shop, I don't expect it to be spotless, but not a pig sty. ffs, they couldn't even be bothered to empty the trash).

edit: Wow, this sootch00 guy is indeed an idiot.

4:55 "We had zero malfunctions"

Oh really? So what is with having to manually reset the trigger at the beginning of the video? Magazines just falling out of the gun at 5:34? The guy that runs I.O. must have given sootch00 the best hummer ever before he left the factory after the tour if he can claim "zero malfunctions"

_4ZfMGpKOyw

If you're going to be that much of a shill for the company, at least edit the video so you don't look like an idiot.

TNP'R
06-29-2012, 8:00 AM
Well apparently sootch00 is an idiot since in his own factory tour video they couldn't be bothered to make sure they had a working AK on camera(bolt jammed).

Not to mention all of the idiotic statements about quality, overloaded trash cans everywhere(it's a shop, I don't expect it to be spotless, but not a pig sty. ffs, they couldn't even be bothered to empty the trash).

edit: Wow, this sootch00 guy is indeed an idiot.

4:55 "We had zero malfunctions"

Oh really? So what is with having to manually reset the trigger at the beginning of the video? Magazines just falling out of the gun at 5:34? The guy that runs I.O. must have given sootch00 the best hummer ever before he left the factory after the tour if he can claim "zero malfunctions"

_4ZfMGpKOyw

If you're going to be that much of a shill for the company, at least edit the video so you don't look like an idiot.

To his credit he did mention that the trigger was sticking in the comment section but yes he's trying to be a salesmen for I.O inc, he did that with the Maxpedition gear a while back it seemed like all he would recommend was Maxpedition.

CIV Tactical
06-29-2012, 8:06 AM
good guns are not cheap and cheap guns are not good!